Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387406 times)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9495 on: August 19, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »
Trying to get more art trades done, and of course my cat decides that the best place to me is under my desk, stretched out so his little kitty claws keep stabbing my feet  ::)

This is 100% normal and accurate for this particular cat, no need to worry here folks, I did not murder my cat  ;)

Aah, yes, the joy of pet ownership. But he's so fluffy how could you be angry at him right? My dog did this with his eyes all the time. We'd try to scold him, and he'd turn on the moisture and cock his head, and you could just feel your resolution slipping away one particle at a time...>_>
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9496 on: August 19, 2015, 10:06:36 PM »
Trying to get more art trades done, and of course my cat decides that the best place to me is under my desk, stretched out so his little kitty claws keep stabbing my feet  ::)

This is 100% normal and accurate for this particular cat, no need to worry here folks, I did not murder my cat  ;)

He's absolutely adorable : D so surely one can forgive a little bit of stabbing.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #9497 on: August 19, 2015, 11:45:01 PM »
Hug ? Tea ? Biscuits ?
How many years will you still have to study, Eich ? *Not often on the chat, knows nothing*
I'll end up doing 5 years total of uni, with the year-long internship program I'm doing.  I know a lot of people go longer than that, but I assume most of them enjoy what they study.  I just want to get out of here, but I know I'll regret not finishing my degree, so onward I chug.
Feel free to PM.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9498 on: August 20, 2015, 05:17:32 AM »
*flops down on floor* seems like the haiz is out of order
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9499 on: August 20, 2015, 05:19:08 AM »
I'll end up doing 5 years total of uni, with the year-long internship program I'm doing.  I know a lot of people go longer than that, but I assume most of them enjoy what they study.  I just want to get out of here, but I know I'll regret not finishing my degree, so onward I chug.
I think your reaction is normal :) Some persons may love studying, indeed, but after those years you may also need to do something else. My first year on master degree was marvelous. I loved what I was learning, and we had 3 months working outside as first professional experience in our study. The second and last year, I was still loving what I was learning but thinking "Please, please, please, let me go now, let me work, let me do something else, I'm ready to do something else."
I hope your studies will give you a job you'll prefer :) Good luck for this year !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Mélusine

« Reply #9500 on: August 20, 2015, 05:30:48 AM »
??? What's happening to you ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9501 on: August 20, 2015, 05:49:37 AM »
??? What's happening to you ?

I'm stuuuuck
stuck in place, stuck in life, stuck in my body and stuck in my brain, I'm not actually stuck for real but it feels that way and I keep being tired and unable to focus on things! I want to help people out and participate in conversations but I have no idea what to say and when I do I'm only talking about myself, probably because I'm stuck and lonely and should honestly go unload a whole bunch of dumb worries in the comfort corner but for that I would have to actually talk about my worries and when I start listing them up there are so many and I'm too exhausted to deal with them!!

I'm actually feeling fine this is just my default state and I feel weird about barely having said anything all yesterday
you'll know where to find me.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #9502 on: August 20, 2015, 05:53:58 AM »
Spoiler: show

"Why did you get me
If you won't pet me
Seventeen hours a day?"

Dr. J. Robinson, Overflowing Catbox Blues  :D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Mélusine

« Reply #9503 on: August 20, 2015, 06:00:49 AM »
I'm stuuuuck
stuck in place, stuck in life, stuck in my body and stuck in my brain, I'm not actually stuck for real but it feels that way and I keep being tired and unable to focus on things! I want to help people out and participate in conversations but I have no idea what to say and when I do I'm only talking about myself, probably because I'm stuck and lonely and should honestly go unload a whole bunch of dumb worries in the comfort corner but for that I would have to actually talk about my worries and when I start listing them up there are so many and I'm too exhausted to deal with them!!

I'm actually feeling fine this is just my default state and I feel weird about barely having said anything all yesterday
*Hug by default/"Pat pat"/something else, you chose. And tea, because tea is always a good idea*

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #9504 on: August 20, 2015, 06:04:58 AM »

But sadly, not out of service?  Trudging along?

I can relate, even if I can't much help.  ::) FWIW, *hug*.
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #9505 on: August 20, 2015, 09:08:17 AM »

I'm stuuuuck

I can understand the part about feeling stuck and unable to actually talk to others without talking about myself 24/7. That is why I am doing a me-week at the moment. The board is the only internet conversation medium I allow myself and mainly passive.

If you want to dump a load just for the wish of someone reading it, pm me :). Don't bother with it being too long. I will not have any advice, few have any in that situation, but I will read.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9506 on: August 20, 2015, 09:55:38 AM »

I'm stuuuuck

It does sound like you're in a bit of a slump. I find that writing in a journal helps when I'm in a "I want to talk about it but I don't actually want to talk about it" mood as far as... problems/worries go. Maybe that would help? Anyway, I hope you feel less exhausted soon.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #9507 on: August 20, 2015, 11:11:27 AM »
I wrenched my back somehow yesterday and didn't realize it until I woke up with crippling pain at 1:00 am. Which stinks in many ways, but also means that I can actually contribute to the forum today, since I'm not going to risk hurting myself further at work.
So! Update!
Work's been going great. It's crazy busy about 75% of the time and there's some crisis or other pretty much daily, but I've gotten into the swing of things and absolutely love it. There's a whole lot of physical activity and problem-solving, which is an extremely nice change from the data-entry desk job I had before. Since I'm there more often than any of the other assistants I'm pretty much the 'senior assistant,' and can do a lot of the things that the framers do. Including helping customers with designs! (Simple ones.) Which is so much fun. And the framers love that I can buy them some time when a bell rings so they don't have to drop everything to go and get it. Also, do you know the dude in Toy-Story 2? Those people exist. And some of them live in Santa Cruz. *sigh*
My art slump is officially over, which is great because at the moment I've got four projects to finish. Which means that, of course, I waste time drawing stuff that's unrelated to said projects. Focus. I don't have it.
I turned 19 on the 10th! My sisters were visiting from Texas so my uncle made us a nice dinner and we had pineapple upside-down cake afterwards. A great start to my next year of life!
And, final bit of news, I've got diagnoses from my doctor and can start being treated now. It doesn't look like anything too serious---chronic anemia, vitamin deficiency, hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance---and with some changes to my diet and added supplements I should be feeling better in about three months!
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9508 on: August 20, 2015, 11:20:19 AM »
So! Update!

Hiii!!! Glad to hear you're ok!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I have missed your art and your posts, it's great to have you back :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #9509 on: August 20, 2015, 11:25:05 AM »
I wrenched my back somehow yesterday
Spoiler: show
 and didn't realize it until I woke up with crippling pain at 1:00 am. Which stinks in many ways, but also means that I can actually contribute to the forum today, since I'm not going to risk hurting myself further at work.
So! Update!
Work's been going great. It's crazy busy about 75% of the time and there's some crisis or other pretty much daily, but I've gotten into the swing of things and absolutely love it. There's a whole lot of physical activity and problem-solving, which is an extremely nice change from the data-entry desk job I had before. Since I'm there more often than any of the other assistants I'm pretty much the 'senior assistant,' and can do a lot of the things that the framers do. Including helping customers with designs! (Simple ones.) Which is so much fun. And the framers love that I can buy them some time when a bell rings so they don't have to drop everything to go and get it. Also, do you know the dude in Toy-Story 2? Those people exist. And some of them live in Santa Cruz. *sigh*
My art slump is officially over, which is great because at the moment I've got four projects to finish. Which means that, of course, I waste time drawing stuff that's unrelated to said projects. Focus. I don't have it.
I turned 19 on the 10th! My sisters were visiting from Texas so my uncle made us a nice dinner and we had pineapple upside-down cake afterwards. A great start to my next year of life!
And, final bit of news, I've got diagnoses from my doctor and can start being treated now. It doesn't look like anything too serious---chronic anemia, vitamin deficiency, hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance---and with some changes to my diet and added supplements I should be feeling better in about three months!

Sorry to hear about your back. :p

Yay for all the good news! ;D
           Chapter Breaks Survived: