Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387937 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9330 on: August 13, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »
GUYS GUYS GUYS LOOK AT THIS GIANT JELLYFISH!!! LOOK AT IT

yooooooo
that looks like a dementor
deep sea dementor

I went to Trondheim today for the first time since I left. They seem to have painted a labyrinth on the ground around the Olav Tryggvason statue O: I also realized I can get a new tattoo soon. I promised myself I can get a new tattoo in the fall if I had earnt my own money by then, which I have... but then I went to the comic book store and I'm not sure if I'm gonna have enough money for a tattoo in addition to books for uni. haha. anyway I have 'the art of mad max: fury road' now.
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9331 on: August 13, 2015, 02:07:58 PM »
rAIN AND THUNDER WHY ARE YOU WITH MÉLUSINE AND NOT WITH ME--
Only ten minutes T_T When Haiz speaks about hir 15°C in Norway, I'm thinking to move.

GUYS GUYS GUYS LOOK AT THIS GIANT JELLYFISH!!! LOOK AT IT

Here's a really short video about it and for those of you who don't want to watch it, the bell is 3ft/91cm in diameter and the entire jellyfish is 20ft/6m long :0 It doesn't have stingers and it just kind of envelops the stuff it wants to eat with its tentacles and digests it like that (please excuse my simplification of the process)

It's apparently thought to live all over the world but this is only the 115th time it's been seen and that was right in the Gulf of Mexico (where I usually swim) and yes I know it's in the deep sea but bro I love deep sea so much bro
An other reason for me for not swimming into the sea ::) (See the one who stay on the edge at the sea ? It's me.) One of my friends accidentally touched one, very much smaller than this one, last week, and it was enough for us ^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fenris

« Reply #9332 on: August 13, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »
I know you Spaniard likes weird food, but seriously, that thing does not look like food.
Picky eater, eh?

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9333 on: August 13, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »
Mmm, it doesn't look very edible though. Can't be excited when it can't be ate.

I don't know, you wouldn't expect these jellyfish to be edible, but they sure are B^)

An other reason for me for not swimming into the sea ::) (See the one who stay on the edge at the sea ? It's me.) One of my friends accidentally touched one, very much smaller than this one, last week, and it was enough for us ^^°

Funny story, when I was about ten, my family and a couple other families went scalloping and there were SO MANY MOON JELLYFISH EVERYWHERE and only me and the parents would get in the water >_> I was... pretty stung by the end, after running into them multiple times with my face and shoulders, but moon jellies are pretty weak poison-wise so it was more annoying than anything ese
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #9334 on: August 13, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »
I know you Spaniard likes weird food, but seriously, that thing does not look like food.

Of course that thing doesn't look like food but
since when we eat weird food? I mean, I don't think the ''paellas'', ''pulpo a la gallega'' or ''churro''s are weird food I have no idea of how you say them in english

Only ten minutes T_T When Haiz speaks about hir 15°C in Norway, I'm thinking to move.

Here, when it rains, is 2 hours looking at falling water 8) And when Haiz talks about Norway, I think too on moving there but not for a while, I mean forever and nobody can't stop me.

I also realized I can get a new tattoo soon. I promised myself I can get a new tattoo in the fall if I had earnt my own money by then, which I have... but then I went to the comic book store and I'm not sure if I'm gonna have enough money for a tattoo in addition to books for uni.

!!!!
You want to have another tattoo?! I already want to see it! But it's better to spend it on the books for the uni. I think??
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9335 on: August 13, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »
!!!!
You want to have another tattoo?! I already want to see it! But it's better to spend it on the books for the uni. I think??
dude
the only reason I'm not covered in tattoos from head to toe yet is 1) tattoos cost money and 2) I ought to leave some canvas space for when I get older
i listed my current tattoo plans in the tattoo thread i made a while back

but yeah. books for uni are a priority. and i need to have money for when i finally get the chance to buy the ssss book. and for the lallisweater commision
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9336 on: August 13, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
dude
the only reason I'm not covered in tattoos from head to toe yet is 1) tattoos cost money and 2) I ought to leave some canvas space for when I get older
i listed my current tattoo plans in the tattoo thread i made a while back

but yeah. books for uni are a priority. and i need to have money for when i finally get the chance to buy the ssss book. and for the lallisweater commision
dude
you can have tattoos from head to toe only you have to ~wait~ because things comes really slow I'm going to check that thread because... you'll know.

Excuse you
Any book is a priority. More if they're for educational things. and yes, I second that lallisweater? oh my lord
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9337 on: August 13, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »
Of course that thing doesn't look like food but
since when we eat weird food? I mean, I don't think the ''paellas'', ''pulpo a la gallega'' or ''churro''s are weird food I have no idea of how you say them in english

I can't speak for the Europeans, but a lot of Spanish dishes have naturalized in the U.S. (often by way of Mexico, Texas, or New Mexico).  Especially churros.  I mean, deep-fried and sugary?  Dude.  That's one sure way into America's heart.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/churro-co-austin-4

Paellas (the delicious rice pilaf with just about anything that hops, swims, crawls, or flies in it) have entered the national menu too:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/the-ultimate-paella-recipe.html

Octopus, though... that's still more of a novelty here.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9338 on: August 13, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
I can't speak for the Europeans, but a lot of Spanish dishes have naturalized in the U.S. (often by way of Mexico, Texas, or New Mexico).  Especially churros.  I mean, deep-fried and sugary?  Dude.  That's one sure way into America's heart.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/churro-co-austin-4

Paellas (the delicious rice pilaf with just about anything that hops, swims, crawls, or flies in it) have entered the national menu too:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/the-ultimate-paella-recipe.html

Octopus, though... that's still more of a novelty here.

Well, churros are the best spanish thing I know because dude, who doesn't like it? Also, it's normal to see people eating churros with or without sugar in mostly all Spain because it's typical and more with chocolate in the festivals!

As for paellas, I actually don't like it but hey this is really normal in any regional parties. They make gigant paellas and give it to all the town and it's like wow.

The galician octopus is only from Galicia but dang, if you ever come here, go first to Galicia because their food are so good and I've been there only once.
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #9339 on: August 13, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
Hello, I'm back after one thousand years-
So going off-topic because I really do need to be with people because trash is happening. I don't know if I should put it in here or the Comfort Corner but there you go (tell me if I should move it):

Spoiler: personal stuff that i have to share because is killing me and my family slowly • show
So, I don't know if I already shared this but my aunt has frontotemporial dementia since 5 or 6 years. Well, he's in the last phase and he already acts like a 6-month baby. He doesn't talk, eat by himself, or neither walk by himself. Anyways, he has been hospitalized for a week with 39ºC of fever. My family, specialy my mother, are really scared and we can barely do anything because we live 1000km from where my grandparents and him are. I really don't know what to do, but I want to help somehow. For example, my mother cries a lot everyday because anything she sees reminds her of her bother. I tried to relax her but I can't. What should I do?... ;-; 

Anyways... going off-topic again, has anyone watched the shooting stars yesterday? I did, only 3, but hey that's a lot! :)
Reddy,

Since your mother sounds like she is grieving, maybe these links can give you some ideas:

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/grief-loss/coping-with-grief-and-loss.htm

and

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/grief-and-grieving-topic-overview

The second covers grieving before the loss, and the importance of self-care.  You may have to push your mother and grandparents to eat when their appetite is off.

If your grandparents have had to do all or most of the caregiving themselves, they are likely exhausted even before the loss; maybe you could travel and do chores?  A helpful grandchild could either be a blessing or a complication, so don't just show up (assuming you're old enough to do that).

Sorry if you have already done this kind of research.  Best wishes, & hugs if you want them.    :-\
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9340 on: August 13, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »
Paellas (the delicious rice pilaf with just about anything that hops, swims, crawls, or flies in it) have entered the national menu too: 

Yes, paella! I love paella. And my family is a good example of how it's been naturalized in the US. I have no Spanish heritage whatsoever, but for as long as I can remember, paella has been my family's Christmas Eve tradition. I don't even like seafood all that much, and I love it  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #9341 on: August 13, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »
This is a public service announcement to inform you that SOLO IS ON FIRE.

It's 33 degrees here.

We have no air conditioning or basement x_x

:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #9342 on: August 13, 2015, 09:46:20 PM »

It's 33 degrees here.

I am very sad that your weather is so unhappy.  T.T  I think I'm ready for Winter to start coming back.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Sadoka

• Musician and Engineer
« Reply #9343 on: August 13, 2015, 11:00:58 PM »

Hopefully it all cools off as night comes! (And hopefully the humidity isn't terrible.)
Can you at least set up a fan, or get some ice cubes from a freezer?

And yes, winter will be nice once it comes around.  I get the best and worst of the temperatures where I live, and it's been in the 30's (Celsius) most days this week.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:04:22 PM by Sadoka »
Native:   :usa:    |  Still Learning:   :germany:    |  Wishlist:   :norway:

Joined (and survived):   :chap4:
Survivor:   :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9344 on: August 13, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »

It's 33 degrees here.

*dumps a bucket of water over Solo*

I'm sorry. All the warmth from my part of the world must have migrated to you, because for once it's cool here.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!