Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409611 times)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9315 on: August 13, 2015, 02:27:38 AM »
Oops I'm doubleposting but I didn't see this

My hands are rested! I think I've gone most of the places to go on the map. Also my town keeps running out of cured meat even though I have seven meat-curers... My solution to this is to go raid the outposts for cured meat, which I've had to do a lot. So that's not fun :P

<via phone>If you're running out of cured meat, you're either low on meat or on wood. Check which one and reallocate. (I also have 7 and had to do a bit of people juggling. It worked out. Also, decrease coal and iron workers when you have enough of that and steel. You don't need a lot after everything has been built.)

(Guess who else spent the past two days in A Dark Room...)
Am notified of private messages via email.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9316 on: August 13, 2015, 05:06:40 AM »
@everyone who tried to give me advice and stuff: thank you!! i'm good, honestly, if I spiral into the Dark Depths you'll hear from me in the comfort corner, but here are some facts for the sake of context
- i always got top grades without working very hard so i never learnt how to effort
- i'm studying because i'm procrastinating with my life
- i don't know how anything works and tend to start crying if people talk with me about Future and Adult Stuff for more than five minutes
- i have a vague idea of what i'd LIKE to do with my life but the moment i think about it realistically i just wanna lie down on the floor in one fell "uuuugh" motion

I'm handling life really well hahahahha!!!

but at this moment I still have a few days left of vacation, and I did the thing I was stressed about, so for NOW, everything is still great : D today will be a glorious day of... doing chores.
you'll know where to find me.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9317 on: August 13, 2015, 05:16:21 AM »
but at this moment I still have a few days left of vacation, and I did the thing I was stressed about, so for NOW, everything is still great : D today will be a glorious day of... doing chores.

Good to hear Haiz, keep on truckin, you trooper!

And on an unrelated note:

Raise your hand if you had a tiny crush on this guy when you were a kid.
More like Jim HOT-kins, amiright???
No? Just me? Alright then, I stand by my standards

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:20:49 AM by Trinka »
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9318 on: August 13, 2015, 08:54:43 AM »
Friend: Hey, what type of bird would you be?
Me: A harpy eagle!
Friend: A what?
Me: The largest and most powerful raptor in the Americas [...]
Friend: [Revisting expectations:

... overload DOES NOT COMPUTE]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

« Reply #9319 on: August 13, 2015, 09:13:03 AM »
... Okay, no, I don't understand *Nervous smile*
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

« Reply #9320 on: August 13, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »
Does anyone know postal...uh... Rules? Like, what if I wanted to mail a dead leaf. Can I mail leaf? :I
You said A dead leaf? As in, one? Sans envelope, a la postcard?

This is a modern letter sorting machine. If someone were to feed a dry leaf into it, I'ld expect it to come out the sides. Several sides. Sides even the machine's designer is not yet aware of. :P

Other than the stability aspect, novelty and downright make-belief "postcards" aren't unheard of. DIN size (A6 ~= 10.5 x 15 cm), ITU size (9 x 14 cm), oversized, beer coaster, whatever.

Whether your postcard - or, for that matter, overseas container - will be rejected because it's a leaf is up to the recipient nation's customs office, so there's no global guideline to give. As far as Europe is concerned, I doubt that dead leaves would raise a red flag. We brought our share of neophytes to our countries ourselves in centuries past. ::)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #9321 on: August 13, 2015, 10:57:26 AM »
Hello, I'm back after one thousand years-
So going off-topic because I really do need to be with people because trash is happening. I don't know if I should put it in here or the Comfort Corner but there you go (tell me if I should move it):

Spoiler: personal stuff that i have to share because is killing me and my family slowly • show
So, I don't know if I already shared this but my aunt has frontotemporial dementia since 5 or 6 years. Well, he's in the last phase and he already acts like a 6-month baby. He doesn't talk, eat by himself, or neither walk by himself. Anyways, he has been hospitalized for a week with 39ºC of fever. My family, specialy my mother, are really scared and we can barely do anything because we live 1000km from where my grandparents and him are. I really don't know what to do, but I want to help somehow. For example, my mother cries a lot everyday because anything she sees reminds her of her bother. I tried to relax her but I can't. What should I do?... ;-; 

Anyways... going off-topic again, has anyone watched the shooting stars yesterday? I did, only 3, but hey that's a lot! :)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9322 on: August 13, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »
<via phone>If you're running out of cured meat, you're either low on meat or on wood. Check which one and reallocate. (I also have 7 and had to do a bit of people juggling. It worked out. Also, decrease coal and iron workers when you have enough of that and steel. You don't need a lot after everything has been built.)

(Guess who else spent the past two days in A Dark Room...)

Yeah, I already decreased my coal and iron miners as much as I could, and I also have like 60,000+ wood. Weird that I'd be low on meat since the majority of my villagers are already hunters :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #9323 on: August 13, 2015, 12:02:35 PM »
Yeah, I already decreased my coal and iron miners as much as I could, and I also have like 60,000+ wood. Weird that I'd be low on meat since the majority of my villagers are already hunters :P
* ParanormalAndroid is happy with his tiny wood supplies and hunter-gatherer community for now
(although I've realised just how addictive it is and it's worrying D:)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9324 on: August 13, 2015, 12:05:18 PM »
* ParanormalAndroid is happy with his tiny wood supplies and hunter-gatherer community for now
(although I've realised just how addictive it is and it's worrying D:)

Ahaha, I don't need any help getting any more distracted from the essay I'm currently writing (formal writing, ewwwww), so I'll just watch the fireworks from afar :3c
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9325 on: August 13, 2015, 01:12:34 PM »
Rain and thunder, AT LEAST !

Hello, I'm back after one thousand years-
So going off-topic because I really do need to be with people because trash is happening. I don't know if I should put it in here or the Comfort Corner but there you go (tell me if I should move it):

Spoiler: personal stuff that i have to share because is killing me and my family slowly • show
So, I don't know if I already shared this but my aunt has frontotemporial dementia since 5 or 6 years. Well, he's in the last phase and he already acts like a 6-month baby. He doesn't talk, eat by himself, or neither walk by himself. Anyways, he has been hospitalized for a week with 39ºC of fever. My family, specialy my mother, are really scared and we can barely do anything because we live 1000km from where my grandparents and him are. I really don't know what to do, but I want to help somehow. For example, my mother cries a lot everyday because anything she sees reminds her of her bother. I tried to relax her but I can't. What should I do?... ;-; 
I'm not sure I can help...
Spoiler: show
First, I'm sorry to read that :( It's a difficult moment.
Everyone has her/his/hir/their way to react in such a situation. I think your mother sees what you try to do for her, and it must be important for her, but she might not be able to answer to that right now. If I was in your situation, I assume I would still try to help/comfort/do what I can do. It might means a lot for the others. Some persons don't want that and in this case, they're old enough to speak to you and ask for being alone or something else.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9326 on: August 13, 2015, 01:18:52 PM »
GUYS GUYS GUYS LOOK AT THIS GIANT JELLYFISH!!! LOOK AT IT

Here's a really short video about it and for those of you who don't want to watch it, the bell is 3ft/91cm in diameter and the entire jellyfish is 20ft/6m long :0 It doesn't have stingers and it just kind of envelops the stuff it wants to eat with its tentacles and digests it like that (please excuse my simplification of the process)

It's apparently thought to live all over the world but this is only the 115th time it's been seen and that was right in the Gulf of Mexico (where I usually swim) and yes I know it's in the deep sea but bro I love deep sea so much bro
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9327 on: August 13, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »
it scaled a near vertical excuse-of-a-road at Hvítserkur and crossed the moon country area at the top of Snæfellsnes. My theory is that it has jeep ancestry somewhere down the line.

Or Icelandic mountain goat.

Here's a really short video about it and for those of you who don't want to watch it, the bell is 3ft/91cm in diameter and the entire jellyfish is 20ft/6m long :0 It doesn't have stingers and it just kind of envelops the stuff it wants to eat with its tentacles and digests it like that (please excuse my simplification of the process)

It's apparently thought to live all over the world but this is only the 115th time it's been seen and that was right in the Gulf of Mexico (where I usually swim) and yes I know it's in the deep sea but bro I love deep sea so much bro

Mmm, it doesn't look very edible though. Can't be excited when it can't be ate.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #9328 on: August 13, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »
Rain and thunder, AT LEAST !

I'm not sure I can help...
First, I'm sorry to read that :( It's a difficult moment.
Everyone has her/his/hir/their way to react in such a situation. I think your mother sees what you try to do for her, and it must be important for her, but she might not be able to answer to that right now. If I was in your situation, I assume I would still try to help/comfort/do what I can do. It might means a lot for the others. Some persons don't want that and in this case, they're old enough to speak to you and ask for being alone or something else.

rAIN AND THUNDER WHY ARE YOU WITH MÉLUSINE AND NOT WITH ME--

Don't worry, it's okay...
Well, she actually has that two things, she wants to be alone but want to be with someone to help her at the same time. So that's what my father and I do to comfort her. And that's what I'll do if she feels sad, give her a lot of hugs and love to make her happy :)

Bro, what's that?! I wanna pet it though I love jellyfishes

Mmm, it doesn't look very edible though. Can't be excited when it can't be ate.

Wait. WHAT?!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9329 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »
Wait. WHAT?!

I know you Spaniard likes weird food, but seriously, that thing does not look like food.