Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411114 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9270 on: August 11, 2015, 06:58:23 PM »
Oh yeah, whoops  ::)  I didn't know wildfire had one, maybe they can weigh in and help Sol come to a decision  :)

Ahaha, don't worry about it :D I wish Solovei the best of luck in finding a cool hairstyle (` ω ´   )ᕤ
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9271 on: August 11, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »
aaaaaaaaand I'm home. actually, genuinely home in my own room and everything. it's... odd, but nice. I think what I've been fearing the most is the fact that uni semester is starting next week and i haven't even chosen my subjects or anything, and every time I remembered that I felt suddenly sick hahaha ha. welp I guess I gotta face my demons at some point, and that better be tomorrow, and hopefully without spiraling into some awful existential crisis again.

also worth mentioning: the moment you step out of the plane and it's 15C and a drizzle and you know that yep this is Norway welcome home

Viola: eee congrats on your vaette-skaldness!!

Solovei: haha maybe it's a little known fact but I HAVE AN UNDERCUT ACTUALLY
like, a hidden one
1) maintenance is easy if you have an electric shaver and an irl friend/acquaintance/family member who knows how to handle one! I also seem to have a deal with the local hairdresser who said I can come whenever to get a free maintenance shave also
2) HAIR GROWS BACK i fully encourage anyone to just. do things with their hair. because it's not permanent. and experimenting is a great way to find out how you like your hair and what works and what doesn't!

speaking of hair I have no clue what to do with mine, either? if i just let it be, at this rate I'll end up with an actual emil haircut. not that it'd be a problem. I just don't know if I wanna cut my fringe straight like I usually do or let it grow and comb it to the side and. idk. whatever. i lowkey wanna imitate the hairstyle of my avatar hahahah
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:03:46 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #9272 on: August 11, 2015, 07:24:48 PM »
Solovei: haha maybe it's a little known fact but I HAVE AN UNDERCUT ACTUALLY
like, a hidden one
1) maintenance is easy if you have an electric shaver and an irl friend/acquaintance/family member who knows how to handle one! I also seem to have a deal with the local hairdresser who said I can come whenever to get a free maintenance shave also
2) HAIR GROWS BACK i fully encourage anyone to just. do things with their hair. because it's not permanent. and experimenting is a great way to find out how you like your hair and what works and what doesn't!

speaking of hair I have no clue what to do with mine, either? if i just let it be, at this rate I'll end up with an actual emil haircut. not that it'd be a problem. I just don't know if I wanna cut my fringe straight like I usually do or let it grow and comb it to the side and. idk. whatever. i lowkey wanna imitate the hairstyle of my avatar hahahah

Aaaaa that looks super cool :O See, that's kind of what I wanna do... probably not dyed (I used to dye my hair crazy colors a lot when I was younger, but then I stopped for a couple reasons) and like, cut a bit lower (cause I need hair to frame the sides of my face still)...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9273 on: August 11, 2015, 07:40:12 PM »
*Complaining moment* Today Tomorrow I'm eating with my family. I don't want. I really don't want. I don't so much so that I'm still awake. The last time (months ago) had been very hard and I spent all the lunch trying to ignore half which was said. Just thinking to that makes me stressed *End of complaining moment*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9274 on: August 11, 2015, 08:06:46 PM »
*Complaining moment* Today Tomorrow I'm eating with my family. I don't want. I really don't want. I don't so much so that I'm still awake. The last time (months ago) had been very hard and I spent all the lunch trying to ignore half which was said. Just thinking to that makes me stressed *End of complaining moment*

*hugs and tea for Mélusine*
That stinks. I don't really have any advice for you except maybe remember that at the end of it, they'll go home and you'll go home and there will be peace again. A meal can't last forever. Also, if there's after-meal chatting that you just can't stand, faking a small stomachache or headache works pretty well for me.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9275 on: August 11, 2015, 09:18:47 PM »

Also remember that you're not the same person you were the last time you saw your family.  Months have passed, and you've become our Marvelous Mélusine.  Magical Mélusine.  The one who created a self-insert character with a wonderfully bittersweet persona and backstory (and we're all rooting for a happy ending for her, whether she's reunited with her beloved friend in life or Tuonela).  The one who successfully traveled to Prague by herself and hung out with Hotel Haiz.  The one who's done all sorts of things for the first time (or first in a long time) and told us about them.  The one who has all kinds of hidden strengths.

Since you're not the same person, hopefully the interactions don't have to be the same either.  Keep your chin up!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #9276 on: August 11, 2015, 09:27:59 PM »
So I went to Wales' only IKEA today (<3).
Just look at the teensy flag they put on the famous meatballs!

(this was the only picture I took because before long I was carrying armfuls of tealights and/or a set of unpronounceable dining chairs but eh)
I also stole one of their tiny pencils as punishment for the labyrinth, as I am a horrible person irredeemable gangster.

We only get the teeniest, tiniest of Swedish flags on ours and only sometimes! I envy your flag! (And mashed potatoes.)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #9277 on: August 11, 2015, 09:33:42 PM »
So I went to Wales' only IKEA today (<3).
Just look at the teensy flag they put on the famous meatballs!

(this was the only picture I took because before long I was carrying armfuls of tealights and/or a set of unpronounceable dining chairs but eh)
I also stole one of their tiny pencils as punishment for the labyrinth, as I am a horrible person irredeemable gangster.

Why can't I have an excuse to go to an IKEA?? Also, I've never gotten tiny flags before! The Wales IKEA is very classy, indeed :)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #9278 on: August 11, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »

::Hugs::  You've got this, Melu.  Haters gonna hate, just eat up & come on home.  ;)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9279 on: August 12, 2015, 01:18:55 AM »
hello i still have more links im not out for the count yet

this a link to the digitized diaries of world war one soldiers

and i don't have a link for this thing, but i know that people are doing the same thing for the Vatican Archives
so like
yeah
go on forward i suppose

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #9280 on: August 12, 2015, 01:36:00 AM »

this a link to the digitized diaries of world war one soldiers

and i don't have a link for this thing, but i know that people are doing the same thing for the Vatican Archives
so like
yeah
go on forward i suppose

Thank's Kick, that will be pretty interesting =)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #9281 on: August 12, 2015, 02:04:46 AM »

While we're on the topic of your links, I was playing A Dark Room literally all day, and now my wrist and fingers are sore from all the clicking and I'm not even done with the game >:( *shakes fist at Kick* (Well yeah, I could end it anytime but ya know I'm not going to. And I acknowledge this is like 95% my fault)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9282 on: August 12, 2015, 02:49:11 AM »
General Discussion:
Does anyone know postal...uh... Rules? Like, what if I wanted to mail a dead leaf. Can I mail leaf? :I

I know my state has pretty strict quarantine for incoming stuff, just not sure about other places...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9283 on: August 12, 2015, 03:20:55 AM »
General Discussion:
Does anyone know postal...uh... Rules? Like, what if I wanted to mail a dead leaf. Can I mail leaf? :I

I know my state has pretty strict quarantine for incoming stuff, just not sure about other places...

I once mailed a bunch of leaves as a birthday gift to a friend! But that was in norway so idk
you'll know where to find me.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #9284 on: August 12, 2015, 03:32:05 AM »
General Discussion:

In germany no one cares? So you could just send a couple of dead leaves around as long as they are from no illegal plant. If it is leaves from potato plants do not send them to norway though XD.

Which countries are you thinking about?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information