Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387943 times)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9195 on: August 09, 2015, 08:38:01 PM »
I'm sorry. I know that this post was about stuff (and I actually find your explanation of soft I vs hard I fascinating), but I saw the typo and now all I can think about is how "wovel" should be a name for a cute fuzzy mythical creature. I'm sorry. Continue.

And their magic power is to make people laugh, because that was absolutely hilarious.  ;D
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9196 on: August 10, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
oh my god
oh my g od
oh my  g o d

this is the best thing i've seen all day

Spoiler:  explanation • show

so when i moved over to my new computer after my last one started giving its dying sounds, i moved anything important over to my google drive. so when i decided to start moving my google drive stuff on to my new computer and finally got around to checking the folder, i found stuff. stuff like screenshots of games i played, some other stuff, a crappy edit of aph Italy that i deemed important, and some emo grayscale pictures that i made when i was feeling down.

yup. read that again.
some emo grayscale pictures.
some emo grayscale pictures.

there's only three of them, but when you look back at the diary i was keeping at the time, i was basically feeling like that all the dang time, they are basically unreadable because everything is grey, but i have the .xcf files saved for some reason, and they have such beauties like

"Nobody cares.

And it hurts."

"I know what I'm thinking.

I think."

and the greatest of the great,

"I'm not laughing.

I'm crying."

like i wish i could upload them so you could all see them in their greatest grayscale glory, but i had to pull some major shenanigans just to access the forum and i still can't do much, accessing any page is something of a miracle, and im pretty sure i have an unread message. but whatever.

Point being, past me did not have her anything together. And now? Now i can draw and im writing and people like it and i have people i can talk and i have myself mostly figured out and im just. much happier.  im happy and im doing something i want to do and m getting kinda good at it and i think i'm found a community of people i can mostly fit into and i feel great.

on the other hand, some of the screencaps i have saved are of roblox, and i would get back into the game if the community wasn't full of - to politely put it, butts, and my username has the word "girl" in it ( i don't really have a problem with it. but also. no.). but i've been playing since 2008, so i can't let all that go to waste, so i'll probably just give my account away to someone.

on the other other hand, some of the screen caps i have saved are of a dark room, but the shenanigans i pulled to get to the forum aren't working to load that page. and i am sad. but not like super sad. just kinda disappointed.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9197 on: August 10, 2015, 04:12:59 PM »
Kick, I'm so happy to hear that you feel so much better than you have in the past! And I'm happy that this forum has been a help to it! It's helped me too, I think it helps everyone who lets it. I'm always astounded that this place can be so happy and peaceful and caring when, on the whole, the Internet is not a very nice place. Anonymity has a tendency to let people do things they wouldn't normally do, for better or for worse, and I think here, it's almost always "for better." I'm sorry that you're having so much Internet trouble, I hope it resolves itself soon so you can continue to join us!

In other news, I survived babysitting. Barely. I have now decided that, no matter what happens in my life, I do not want to be outnumbered by children. One-on-one is fine, but two? A bit too much. But is all seriousness, it was a lot of fun, and I'm more than happy to be going back tomorrow  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9198 on: August 10, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »
In other news, I survived babysitting. Barely. I have now decided that, no matter what happens in my life, I do not want to be outnumbered by children. One-on-one is fine, but two? A bit too much. But is all seriousness, it was a lot of fun, and I'm more than happy to be going back tomorrow  ;D
Babysitting was my little job when I was in master degree and it's a lot of good memories. The first family had two daughters who were... pretty unable to listen to me and I had to stop because of lessons too late in the afternoon. A few weeks after I began in an other family with different hours, two daughters too, who have been like little sisters for me during nearly two years. I hope I'll see the elder (Who's a young teenager now O_o) later this year :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9199 on: August 10, 2015, 04:27:18 PM »
*hi fives kick and ana for doing stuff and things*

TODAY:
- it was unbearably warm (38C) most of the day
- visiting poland and germany very briefly because we're that close to the borders
- SUPER COOL CASTLE. i'm gonna spam the heck outta the picture thread later, at least if the internet lets me, because it was amazing
- swimming in lake beneath the pink and blue sunset sky. actually the only time i've gone swimming this summer what the heck

........it's not super late yet but I'm not entirely sure how well I'll manage to catch up on forum today^^"
you'll know where to find me.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #9200 on: August 10, 2015, 05:33:35 PM »
Woo, are you less in the middle of nowhere now? :D (Just wondering how far away IKEA is now for you...)

Nope, we moved next door. So IKEA is still very far away. (Much to my displeasure)

Thanks everyone who replied about the paint colors, I was contemplating the Peacock blue, a cream, and a tannish color.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9201 on: August 10, 2015, 05:35:12 PM »

- SUPER COOL CASTLE.

OK, then I postpone my invasion of the pictures thead  ;)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9202 on: August 10, 2015, 05:39:21 PM »
Got an 8 hour drive on tiny mountain roads ahead of me tomorrow. Got my war-rig (an onyx skoda octavia, my Czech destrier) filled up with luggage, and due to a moment of temporary insanity I'm bringing a cd with the Mad Max soundtrack for the ride. Witness me!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9203 on: August 10, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
Got an 8 hour drive on tiny mountain roads ahead of me tomorrow. Got my war-rig (an onyx skoda octavia, my Czech destrier) filled up with luggage, and due to a moment of temporary insanity I'm bringing a cd with the Mad Max soundtrack for the ride. Witness me!
hi fives you for the skoda

but please don't die. the soundtrack cd sounds like both the worst and best idea ever
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9204 on: August 10, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »
but please don't die. the soundtrack cd sounds like both the worst and best idea ever

Not planning to.

On an unrelated note, the 1 year jubilee for the forum is approaching rapidly.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #9205 on: August 10, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »

We should have a party. And bake lots of squirrel cookies and tell each other how delicious they are.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9206 on: August 10, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »
Not planning to.

I was about to ask when that was :0 I know it's soon, but how soon exactly?
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #9207 on: August 10, 2015, 06:23:35 PM »
I was about to ask when that was :0 I know it's soon, but how soon exactly?

September 1st, I think! (I wasn't there so don't trust my word)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9208 on: August 10, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »
AH YES that would make sense! I momentarily forgot that August was the eighth month and not the ninth and was rather confused after seeing sunflower's join date >_____>
YEET

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #9209 on: August 10, 2015, 06:32:54 PM »

:o The forum and I share the same birthday month! Yay! *readies confetti and party poppers*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!