Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387516 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9060 on: August 05, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »
First canoe experience !
have fun!!!
Good luck! Don't die!
...you're busy crossing the Atlantic with a canoe. Got it. (Have fun!)
(And all the others too, sorry, too many answers :) )

Well, maybe not the Atlantic, because after 14km, my arms are... errr... tired ? (Who will have aches tomorrow morning ? ^^)
It was fun :) In... gorges, I suppose, or not far, with a friend behind to steer and the rapids were little ones (so, fun).
I'm not a water person. It's like a huge step :) (And nobody felt outside the canoe !)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9061 on: August 05, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »
First canoe experience !(And all the others too, sorry, too many answers :) )

Well, maybe not the Atlantic, because after 14km, my arms are... errr... tired ? (Who will have aches tomorrow morning ? ^^)
It was fun :) In... gorges, I suppose, or not far, with a friend behind to steer and the rapids were little ones (so, fun).
I'm not a water person. It's like a huge step :) (And nobody felt outside the canoe !)

YAY! Good to hear you are still alive! I'm glad you had fun :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #9062 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
//busts in through a wall
DID SOMEBODY SAY KAYAKING I love kayaking it's so great and I've been kayaking for longer than I remember and I went kayaking for my birthday?? It was really cool and we kayaked through mangrove tunnels! It was AWESOME and sometimes I had to bend over flat and paddle like that to fit under the branches, but that just made it cooler when you got into the tiny nooks and crannies! I had a crab in my hair, that was interesting

^^I've been there!! Not taken by me BUT STILL! Normally the ceiling was a bit lower and the channel itself about 20cm wider but it was just so cool!! You could see straight down to the bottom. Everybody come to Florida I'll take you kayaking and it will be great
YES KAYAKING IS LYFE
(got beaten in balance tests by a 11-year-old last time he went but MOVING SWIFTLY ON FROM MY LACK OF CO-ORDINATION), kayaking is supergreat and I am jealous that you got to do cool Florida kayaking and stuff

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #9063 on: August 05, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »
ENTIRELY FREE!!!
I'm not too impressed with the developer's crypto-fu, but yes, his main platform is Linux, the source is on GitHub, and the license is GPLv3, so it's not only free as in money but also as in FOSS.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9064 on: August 05, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
In my case it's compulsively biting everything. Nails, pens, markers, knives...
I think I recall a picture of a gnawed-on marker... *discreetly shoves art supplies away from fim's reach*

@Curry:
1) that kayaking trip sounds SO COOL
2) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DRAWTHINGIE SOUNDS AWESOME too bad it's almost 1am and i really need those five hours of sleep i have left before i must wake up.... I will Most Definitely join at some point when too many things arent happening at once!!!

i was at a concert thingie (just a somewhat obscure czech band playing celtic songs in french + a canadian dude that speaks czech) and it was really nice!! going home around midnight was a little scary though, and i was so scared the metros wouldn't be going anymore...

- i sat on the floor right in front of the stage while the warmup band played. i meant to stand up before they started playing but some people joined me in sitting so... sitting squad
- warmup band had an electric cello!
- i thought it was gonna be a little colder outside around midnight, but nope still 30c. awful
- on my way to the metro i saw a dog that looked just like spiderdog except not spidery. but it was huge and with the weak lighting its eyes looked completely black
- i saw the charles' bridge lit up at night! from afar, but it was really nice actually.
- the sky was so pitch black but it was also really warm outside and that?? is so weird to me??
- caught the metro at midnight. at 0:03 the lady that sat next to me exclaimed "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!" about some guy with her. she announced in english to the whole wagon it was his birthday and started singing a birthday song
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9065 on: August 05, 2015, 08:05:18 PM »
@Curry:
1) that kayaking trip sounds SO COOL
2) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DRAWTHINGIE SOUNDS AWESOME too bad it's almost 1am and i really need those five hours of sleep i have left before i must wake up.... I will Most Definitely join at some point when too many things arent happening at once!!!
1. IT WAS SO COOL
2. THAT WAS ALSO SO COOL AND WOW WHAT A COOL THING!!! I just closed my server but that was crazy fun, even if it's not the best software for coloring, ahahaha
Highlights can be seen right here!!
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9066 on: August 06, 2015, 01:29:08 AM »
haaha heres just me posting more stuff i finds interestings

anyway heres a realllllllly detailed questionnaire for all your trash ocs (you might want to read the first page)

alo u cant really save the results but
here u go you instructions for kinda saving it

porably should post that in the oc showcase thread but

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #9067 on: August 06, 2015, 01:29:51 AM »
It's Drawpile.

Thanks

*goes downloading on every device she can find*
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9068 on: August 06, 2015, 01:37:51 AM »
Thanks

*goes downloading on every device she can find*

Yessss, join usssssss (or really just me at this point BUT YOU KNOW!)

I made a thread for Drawpile session announcements, just so you all now :3c
YEET

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9069 on: August 06, 2015, 05:04:09 AM »
Thought you guys might enjoy this lovely short animation that I found on teh interwebs! The animation is really cute, and the idea heartwarming  :D

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/397724210820048073/
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9070 on: August 06, 2015, 10:42:30 AM »
Thought you guys might enjoy this lovely short animation that I found on teh interwebs! The animation is really cute, and the idea heartwarming  :D

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/397724210820048073/

Aww, I love it!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9071 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:54 AM »
unexpectedly, today was my last day of work
head chef asked if i wanted tomorrow off so i could have a last day exploring prague
.....i already had everything done and planned, and I've used up pretty much all my cash so I'm not sure if I'll bother buying any more tickets for the metro, and I already know I'll be spending the day sleeping, drawing and packing instead of exploring - but then I realized WHAT THE HECK OF COURSE I WANT A DAY OFF. you know you're tired when you consider saying no to a day off.

it was also right after I said I didn't find his joke funny. it was both unfunny and kinda sexist, but still. the head chef is pretty much the most intimidating person on the entire hotel, the main motivation anyone in the kitchen has to do anything is to not get yelled at by him, which makes me either brave, honest, dumb, or too intimidated to laugh at any jokes.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:22:17 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9072 on: August 06, 2015, 11:11:27 AM »
GUYSSSS MY NEW COMPUTER CAME!!!!!!! *happy dance*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9073 on: August 06, 2015, 12:59:41 PM »
haaha heres just me posting more stuff i finds interestings

anyway heres a realllllllly detailed questionnaire for all your trash ocs (you might want to read the first page)

alo u cant really save the results but
here u go you instructions for kinda saving it

porably should post that in the oc showcase thread but

Just gotta say, I'll have you know, I saw that link right after I got in bed, and it kept me up for more than an hour filling it out. I hope you're happy for making me lose sleep (just kidding, I enjoyed it)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9074 on: August 06, 2015, 02:45:04 PM »
Oh my god, KicknRun and Piney, I just spent two hours doing these for my new favorite OCs and y'know there's actually a second questionnaire of all the fun random questions and such that I'm doing right now ;3c
YEET