Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410477 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8940 on: August 03, 2015, 03:39:18 PM »
Any chance that you forgot that France extends a ways into the Alps as well, with ski resorts like Isola 2000? ;)
I was meaning "where I live in France". My mistake. Sorry.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8941 on: August 03, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
This is super random and out of the blue, but my friend's grandmother is knitting me a lopapeysa (and possibly also socks), and I'm really really excited because I haven't had one since my grandma made me a pink one for skiing when I was 6 (my little sister had a matching blue one) anyway, I'm done now. I just wanted to squeee for a moment :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8942 on: August 03, 2015, 04:40:16 PM »
This is super random and out of the blue, but my friend's grandmother is knitting me a lopapeysa (and possibly also socks), and I'm really really excited because I haven't had one since my grandma made me a pink one for skiing when I was 6 (my little sister had a matching blue one) anyway, I'm done now. I just wanted to squeee for a moment :D

Squee!  Can you ask her to knit it in Braidypeysa pattern/colors?  Or even better, make it look like your SSSSona's? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8943 on: August 03, 2015, 04:52:24 PM »
Squee!  Can you ask her to knit it in Braidypeysa pattern/colors?  Or even better, make it look like your SSSSona's? 

Well I think my grandma is going to attempt Laufey's braidypeysa pattern (once she gets the right yarn).
For this one I just chose a traditional pattern because that way it would go with everything I do love purple though It will be good for the winters in Ottawa. Maybe I'll wear it skating on the canal. You should all come to Ottawa this winter so we can skate on the canal.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8944 on: August 03, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »
Well I think my grandma is going to attempt Laufey's braidypeysa pattern (once she gets the right yarn).
For this one I just chose a traditional pattern because that way it would go with everything I do love purple though It will be good for the winters in Ottawa. Maybe I'll wear it skating on the canal. You should all come to Ottawa this winter so we can skate on the canal.

Oh my gosh! That is so awesome!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #8945 on: August 03, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »
~Completley Off-topic post~
I was at a friend's house the last few days and we went to Austin! Being the person I am, I took quite a few pictures.  :P
She also got me out of my clothing comfort zone. (I wore a skirt  :o) It was fun! and really weird I think I'll post some of the pictures in the Pictures thread!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #8946 on: August 03, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »
~Completley Off-topic post~

Can you have an off-topic post here?
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #8947 on: August 03, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »
Can you have an off-topic post here?
I guess not
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8948 on: August 04, 2015, 06:27:16 AM »
Meanwhile in Iceland: someone has stolen 60 small birch trees ranging from size 1-1,5m tall. Who's going to need that many and for what purpose I wonder... are they just going to plant them in their own backyard and hope no one notices that 60 small trees just appeared out of nowhere, is there a black market for tiny birches, does someone just hate trees in general or what?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #8949 on: August 04, 2015, 06:32:57 AM »
Meanwhile in Iceland: someone has stolen 60 small birch trees ranging from size 1-1,5m tall. Who's going to need that many and for what purpose I wonder... are they just going to plant them in their own backyard and hope no one notices that 60 small trees just appeared out of nowhere, is there a black market for tiny birches, does someone just hate trees in general or what?

The tres are like me-- 1'5m why
...That's pretty strange to see.
What the heck was going on with that men who stole them?! Yeah, if it's for his/her/their house, you can use Little sticks but that's too much O-O
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8950 on: August 04, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »
today's episode of hotel haiz: kitchen mook
there isn't always lots to do when keeping watch over a buffet table, so I did some guest-watching:

- there was a heavily tattooed (legs and arms completely covered) couple that stuck out from the rest of the guests. the man had a mohawk and a mjolnir pendant. the lady had a shirt that said "live fast and kick ass" except the last word was censored with a sticker

- there was a family that I assume to be a kid, his father, and his grandfather, and they all wore things with the red canada maple leaf on them. Shirts, hats, maybe even the shoes. I was wondering whether or not they were enthusiastic tourists fresh out of canada or very proud canadians, when I spotted a tattoo saying "proud canadian" on the father's leg.

I have also solved the mystery of the mystery cuts on my hand. I haven't had accidents with the apple peeler since day one, and it was not from peeling kiwis, or cracking eggs, sorting cheeses and hams, or any of the other numerous tasks I'm doing. The cuts are from opening a gazillion boxes of cottage cheese.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:06:48 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #8951 on: August 04, 2015, 09:31:30 AM »
I have also solved the mystery of the mystery cuts on my hand. I haven't had accidents with the apple peeler since day one, and it was not from peeling kiwis, or cracking eggs, sorting cheeses and hams, or any of the other numerous tasks I'm doing. The cuts are from opening a gazillion boxes of cottage cheese.
If you want an other mystery waiting to be solved, I'm trying to understand how I could have two blisters on a finger, and not inside the hand, since a few hours ???
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #8952 on: August 04, 2015, 09:46:50 AM »
Meanwhile in Iceland: someone has stolen 60 small birch trees ranging from size 1-1,5m tall.

Noooo! Not the trees!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8953 on: August 04, 2015, 09:49:57 AM »

They actually found trees to steal? Wow. That's actually really impressive.

- there was a family that I assume to be a kid, his father, and his grandfather, and they all wore things with the red canada maple leaf on them. Shirts, hats, maybe even the shoes. I was wondering whether or not they were enthusiastic tourists fresh out of canada or very proud canadians, when I spotted a tattoo saying "proud canadian" on the father's leg.

WE ARE EVERYWHERE MUAHAHAHAHA FEAR USSSSSSS

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #8954 on: August 04, 2015, 10:12:01 AM »
WE ARE EVERYWHERE MUAHAHAHAHA FEAR USSSSSSS

No you're not.
There are not canadians in Spain ;)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_