Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387368 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #660 on: October 22, 2014, 10:17:31 PM »
Let me have a guess at the lyrics: Boy with fruit allergy meets girl prone to seasickness, and as they discuss what they have in common, they discover that they both can't stand music, at all? 8)
Nope.  It's a working song.  "Hey, Mista Tally Man, tally me banana!  Daylight come, then me want go hoooome."
It's a true classic, and just so happy.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #661 on: October 22, 2014, 10:42:44 PM »
Nope.  It's a working song.  "Hey, Mista Tally Man, tally me banana!  Daylight come, then me want go hoooome."
Heh! Really glad I didn't click that just now! X'D there's a fruit-business meeting going on in the next room- and they would've heeeeeeaaaaard X,___X, hahaha
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #662 on: October 22, 2014, 11:02:43 PM »
Heh! Really glad I didn't click that just now! X'D there's a fruit-business meeting going on in the next room- and they would've heeeeeeaaaaard X,___X, hahaha
That could've been awkward, haha. 
Pair that up with "Banana Phone," and make a sales pitch.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #663 on: October 22, 2014, 11:21:29 PM »
That could've been awkward, haha. 
Pair that up with "Banana Phone," and make a sales pitch.
Hehehe oh gosh! XD
My friend's phone once started very loudly playing a song about a cucumber outside the school library silent area, and she didn't know what to do so she was trying to bury the phone under her books and a bean bag while I was trying soooo hard not to laugh out loud U___U

Not going to repeat that! ;D

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #664 on: October 22, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »
So, if you play with a cute little kitty for fifteen minutes, and it purrs and rubs all over you, and then waits on your porch for like twenty minutes after you go in, does that mean the kitty will come back? Even if you didn't give it food? I WANNA KEEP IT. :P

Any cucumber song in particular?

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #665 on: October 22, 2014, 11:27:18 PM »
So, if you play with a cute little kitty for fifteen minutes, and it purrs and rubs all over you, and then waits on your porch for like twenty minutes after you go in, does that mean the kitty will come back? Even if you didn't give it food? I WANNA KEEP IT. :P

Oh! Is it a stray? Then you could keep it! But...not if it belongs to anyone! XP

It went "Iiiiiiiiiiii'm a cucumber!!!! Iiiiiiiiii'mmmmm a cucumber!!!" And just repeated and repeated and repeated......

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #666 on: October 23, 2014, 12:28:53 AM »
Oh! Is it a stray? Then you could keep it! But...not if it belongs to anyone! XP

It went "Iiiiiiiiiiii'm a cucumber!!!! Iiiiiiiiii'mmmmm a cucumber!!!" And just repeated and repeated and repeated......

Sounds like a tune I would actually like on my cellphone :D.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #667 on: October 23, 2014, 12:41:16 AM »

Daaaaay-ohh!  My revered father loves Harry Belafonte (so now we all do). 
When the whole Sunflower clan, ages 5-75, got together for a mountain cabin vacation in August (picture the Eides' exuberant troll hunters minus the injuries), I DJ'd a dance party one night, including this song.  We cherish the memories... but I have tracked down and destroyed all video footage!   ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:40:32 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #668 on: October 23, 2014, 01:02:05 AM »
Do you guys remember on Monday when I said I was sick but would probably get better in the morning? I was wrong. Instead I' getting worse.

Aw, yuck, sorry to hear that.  I hope you can get plenty of sleep.  I always notice that lack of sleep will lower my resistance to colds etc. faster than anything else. 

As far as the other thing, I wish I knew any better treatment than hot water bottles and OTC pain pills.  People suggest all kinds of herbal or dietary remedies for, um, "female issues" but I've never found anything that made much difference.  They do think ibuprofen is somewhat better than paracetamol (acetaminophen) because it has more anti-inflammatory effect on top of pain-fighting per se. 

Hey!  Would a photo of a flock of velociraptors invading a peaceful California neighborhood cheer you up?  ::)

They are actually wild turkeys, which in the last 10 years have had a huge population boom where my parents live.  Nobody there hunts (although my dad always threatens to get out his old airgun), so the stupid birds have become fearless to the point of being traffic hazards.  In the spring, we often see toms fully puffed up to Butterball size, chest-bumping to compete for the hens.  I shot this photo today while visiting. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #669 on: October 23, 2014, 01:12:08 AM »

I love cucumbers, they taste so good.

At the last family reunion - at some sort of relative's house - other relatives were tramping through the vegetable garden looking at the squash and someone randomly handed me this giant cucumber. (It was like a foot long.) I was looking so forward to eating the whole thing raw because I love cucumbers, but then my sister and one of my aunts stole it and completely mutilated it... That was probably the weirdest reunion I've been to.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #670 on: October 23, 2014, 02:46:33 AM »
Aw, yuck, sorry to hear that.  I hope you can get plenty of sleep.  I always notice that lack of sleep will lower my resistance to colds etc. faster than anything else. 

As far as the other thing, I wish I knew any better treatment than hot water bottles and OTC pain pills.  People suggest all kinds of herbal or dietary remedies for, um, "female issues" but I've never found anything that made much difference.  They do think ibuprofen is somewhat better than paracetamol (acetaminophen) because it has more anti-inflammatory effect on top of pain-fighting per se. 
[...]
They are actually wild turkeys, which in the last 10 years have had a huge population boom where my parents live.  Nobody there hunts (although my dad always threatens to get out his old airgun), so the stupid birds have become fearless to the point of being traffic hazards.  In the spring, we often see toms fully puffed up to Butterball size, chest-bumping to compete for the hens.  I shot this photo today while visiting.
Good advice u__u
Tuuuuuurkeys!! We don't see a lot of turkey's here, even as food- no thanksgiving, and people prefer seafood for Christmas :) But they look so cool and funny XD

I love cucumbers, they taste so good.

At the last family reunion - at some sort of relative's house - other relatives were tramping through the vegetable garden looking at the squash and someone randomly handed me this giant cucumber. (It was like a foot long.) I was looking so forward to eating the whole thing raw because I love cucumbers, but then my sister and one of my aunts stole it and completely mutilated it... That was probably the weirdest reunion I've been to.

O__O that sounds really hilarious! And a bit weird, yeah. Cucumber is great! Greek salads are great for hot days, with balsamic and extra extra cucumber and then randomly added spicy salami and weird herby leaves ^__^

Those family reunions sound so cool and relaxed! *is jealous* dancing?! Vegetables?! Awesome! *coughpleaseadoptmecough* ;3

Heh, we just had one of our many bee-invasions again :/
Usually around this time of year we get about 4-6 bee swarms trying to build a hive in mum's bathroom, which is bad because she's deathly allergic so bees + bathroom = nope.
This time of year is coincidentally when our beekeeper 'friend' goes on holiday. >8O
So, if the bees have all clustered together we usually put them in a hive box ourselves, but if they haven't, and they're trying to get further into the house (once they were flooding out our fireplace it was horrific) we just have to spray them :( And we had to spray them today so I feel a bit bad, cos bees are awesome. But also crazy.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #671 on: October 23, 2014, 03:38:03 AM »
Those family reunions sound so cool and relaxed! *is jealous* dancing?! Vegetables?! Awesome! *coughpleaseadoptmecough* ;3

Someday, dear girl, SSSS will be world-famous and inspire actual fan conventions where we can all meet in person.  I will supply the coffee and pepparkakor, you and StellersJayC can whip up a Greek cucumber salad, highlights from The Music Thread will play in the background, and we can all practice anti-troll combat techniques (or the mambo) till somebody needs bandages for face-cancer. 

Until then, our prayer will have to be, "Next year at Comi-Con!" (like saying "Next year in Jerusalem!" at a Passover Seder.)

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Re: Discoveries made with Indiegogo
« Reply #672 on: October 23, 2014, 04:07:36 AM »
... Thanks for introducing me to TMK, and thus giving me another webcomic to read and many, many hours of procrastination.

Same here, 2 new webcomics on my already long "to read" list  :)  Thank you  :D

And now Kickstarter! "Explore 160 live Comics projects" -> I am sooo doomed

Haha, you're welcome!
Yannick, don't be too overwhelmed - many of those projects are going to fail because the authors lack the fanbase or simply because some of them are frauds. Also take note, Kickstarter doesn't allow paypal, so there's that too. (That was the reason why Minna chose Indiegogo)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #673 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:44 AM »
The only appropriate response I have to large quantities of bananas and boats.

Oh, I remember this tune. Back during the start of the Afghan war, when I and my friends were young and stupid (and Nimphy was still a toddler while Eich and ThisCat were learning to write) we used to sing it as "hey misterrr Taliban, turn overrr Bin-Laden". Crazy times.

Someday, dear girl, SSSS will be world-famous and inspire actual fan conventions where we can all meet in person.  I will supply the coffee and pepparkakor, you and StellersJayC can whip up a Greek cucumber salad, highlights from The Music Thread will play in the background, and we can all practice anti-troll combat techniques (or the mambo) till somebody needs bandages for face-cancer. 

Until then, our prayer will have to be, "Next year at Comi-Con!" (like saying "Next year in Jerusalem!" at a Passover Seder.)

I think most of the fanbase is located in the US, so if there ever were an SSSS-convention event I think it would happen as a branch of Comic-con or something similar.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:23:29 AM by Fimbulvarg »

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #674 on: October 23, 2014, 06:32:34 AM »
Oh, I remember this tune. Back during the start of the Afghan war, when I and my friends were young and stupid (and Nimphy was still a toddler while Eich and ThisCat were learning to write) we used to sing it as "hey misterrr Taliban, turn overrr Bin-Laden". Crazy times.

Ah yes, of course, at that time, I had already learnt to write, and had moved on to my thesis, as I was a far superior preschooler ;P ohohoho~

Also, I practically choked on some midnight toast and had to hide my phone screen when family asked what I was laughing at O___O my gosh.

A comic-con sounds cool, haha but only in our dreeeeeeamssz~ (and we all know how weird the Minion's dreams get O___O)

(Also I didn't mean the dream thing in a weird creepy way. Don't get the wrong idea....I meant it in a bizarre sort of way...... ;3)