Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409973 times)

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8040 on: July 10, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »
All is all right, look, you manage not to put kitten's photos in every post.

Only every other post, it's fine, it's fine...

Yes. I keep having these nightmares that I'll somehow fail to get it - that I'll be in Sweden or something when it comes on sale. I want it so badly. -.-

Knowing how present I am in like, life in general these days, this will probably happen to me.

I should probably bribe you guys to PM me as soon as that's announced. *squinty speculative eyes at you all*

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #8041 on: July 10, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »
I THINK I GOT MY FIRST PAYCHECK?
by "think" I mean I got a letter with numbers and words on it but the words are too complicated and nonsensical for me to understand hahaha

but I'm 98% certain it's my pay!!!! i am excite
PAYCHECK! Congratulations!

There is a flock of THE fattest starlings outside my loft window right now. I'm trying to get Important Work done, but they're very distracting.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8042 on: July 10, 2015, 11:58:55 AM »
Don't spend it all in one store!  :P
it's probably just a letter saying what amount of money I got, I think it's going to my mom's bank account because it's the only czech one....... and I'm not gonna spend it all because I'm trying to earn back what i've spent already hahahaha ha

also whuuu I have successfully packed for Brno and somehwat organized the room so it'll be easier for the housekeepers to clean while I'm away. Off I go!
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #8043 on: July 10, 2015, 12:05:54 PM »
Congratulations on the pay check, Haiz! :)

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that is super nervous about missing the SSSS book... I mean, I already missed the aRTD book and that's the reason I cry myself to sleep every night.

Do you guys think that the book will be shipped to South America too? I'm really scared that my country will be out of the shipping area (as it happens many times when I think about buying things online).
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #8044 on: July 10, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
I only got the aRTD book cuz I was stalking the comic updates at the time, managed to get one right before she ran out. Dunno if it ships to south america... you could always check with hiveworks? They're the ones that did the shipping for aRTD. If that fails you'd probably need to ship it to somebody else's address and then have them forward it on to you...

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #8045 on: July 10, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »
Hey guys I was wondering if you all think it'd be cool if I started a 'Gender discussion Thread'? I've been itching to make one but I don't want it to cause drama or hurt feelings, or anything similar.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #8046 on: July 10, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »
Hey guys I was wondering if you all think it'd be cool if I started a 'Gender discussion Thread'? I've been itching to make one but I don't want it to cause drama or hurt feelings, or anything similar.

I'd be okay with it, but I also probably wouldn't be all that active even if I'm stupidly ridiculously very queer because discussing such things gives me a lot of anxiety. I bet it might help the people figuring out their gender themselves, though??
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #8047 on: July 10, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »

i was going to do that a few months but i said no because, as you said, i didn't want to cause drama or hurt feelings + I was like... embarrased we can say.
for my opinion, i'd be cool if we do one :D
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #8048 on: July 10, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »
I'd be okay with it, but I also probably wouldn't be all that active even if I'm stupidly ridiculously very queer because discussing such things gives me a lot of anxiety. I bet it might help the people figuring out their gender themselves, though??

I get that. I'm still spreading my metaphorical wings in the sense of how comfortable I am with discussing the subject

i was going to do that a few months but i said no because, as you said, i didn't want to cause drama or hurt feelings + I was like... embarrased we can say.
for my opinion, i'd be cool if we do one :D

Same. I think so too.

I will probably make the thread when I get off work.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8049 on: July 10, 2015, 02:13:12 PM »

Yeah, go for it.  It's clearly a meaningful topic to a lot of us here, whether for personal or literary/artistic reasons.

If anyone sees older forum posts that might be relevant (I myself contributed to the discussion w/r/t alternative gender treatments in science fiction, I just forget where), let me know and I can add links in the new thread. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #8050 on: July 10, 2015, 02:44:10 PM »
Just a thought, but maybe it could be more inclusive, a general "LGBT/Queer issues" thread?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

daiseerose

« Reply #8051 on: July 10, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »
Just a thought, but maybe it could be more inclusive, a general "LGBT/Queer issues" thread?
I agree with this.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8052 on: July 10, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »

Actually, I think the wording "Gender issues" is more inclusive, because it includes gender roles, expectations, etc., not just people's actual orientations.  But YMMV. 

I say this because I am interested in issues of sexuality, orientation, gender roles, etc. -- in fact, I brought up some of these topics early on in the Family Structure/Gender Roles thread.  But if this thread were specifically labeled "LGBT/Queer Issues," I might think it wouldn't be appropriate for me to weigh in there, since I'm not LGBTQ myself. 

However, if people want a specific LGBTQ thread (whether for academic discussion or Comfort Corner purposes), that's great too.  Let a thousand flowers bloom, I say. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #8053 on: July 10, 2015, 03:39:46 PM »
Actually, I think the wording "Gender issues" is more inclusive, because it includes gender roles, expectations, etc., not just people's actual orientations.  But YMMV. 

I say this because I am interested in issues of sexuality, orientation, gender roles, etc. -- in fact, I brought up some of these topics early on in the Family Structure/Gender Roles thread.  But if this thread were specifically labeled "LGBT/Queer Issues," I might think it wouldn't be appropriate for me to weigh in there, since I'm not LGBTQ myself. 

However, if people want a specific LGBTQ thread (whether for academic discussion or Comfort Corner purposes), that's great too.  Let a thousand flowers bloom, I say.

I understand that, but I personally would not feel like I could weigh in on a thread called "gender discussion" since I don't identify as a gender-variant person in any way? If that makes sense?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #8054 on: July 10, 2015, 03:57:02 PM »
Do you guys think that the book will be shipped to South America too? I'm really scared that my country will be out of the shipping area (as it happens many times when I think about buying things online).

If that fails you'd probably need to ship it to somebody else's address and then have them forward it on to you...
As hushpiper says, I'm sure you'll find someone "near" to you who might help you to have your own book :) You might just have to wait a little more.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: