Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2425210 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8025 on: July 10, 2015, 05:37:42 AM »
Yes. I keep having these nightmares that I'll somehow fail to get it - that I'll be in Sweden or something when it comes on sale. I want it so badly. -.-
Where is it going to be on sale, out of interest?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8026 on: July 10, 2015, 05:41:01 AM »

I've no idea, but Minna will no doubt notify us when it happens.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #8027 on: July 10, 2015, 05:41:46 AM »
Yes. I keep having these nightmares that I'll somehow fail to get it - that I'll be in Sweden or something when it comes on sale. I want it so badly. -.-
"But I want one in my library !" is a very common sentence for me... I can promise I'll tell you it's on sale if you're not here, but only when I will be sure to have my own :P Do you think "For the next, I'll be here and won't miss it !", too ? ;)
My worst thing about the book is my best friend, saying "I saw you were reading too", then explaining he knew Minna's work by A Redtail's Dream, while I was thinking "You had made me listen to Värttinä, lent me The Edda, shown me your photos from Norway and Iceland, we even have a private joke with a nordic god because of you, how could you have miss to make me discover these webcomics BEFORE ? Like, just a few months before and I could have had pay for my own book !"
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8028 on: July 10, 2015, 05:58:54 AM »
pffffff yes I'm overly stressed about WHAT IF I DON'T GET THE SSSS BOOK too... I need that book. I deserve that book.
you'll know where to find me.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #8029 on: July 10, 2015, 06:36:13 AM »
Best of luck to you! I hope everything goes well!

Thank you! I'll cross my fingers 'till they break off. ;P
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8030 on: July 10, 2015, 07:26:52 AM »

That's a nightmare for many of us. I'm also affraid that it will be on sale during my holiday (in Norway, yay!) and by the time I get to a place with wifi, every copy will be sold... or due to bad internet connection my order will be invalid... or...
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mélusine

« Reply #8031 on: July 10, 2015, 07:36:43 AM »
That's a nightmare for many of us.
Oh yes... I need one. And after, I'll show it to everybody, saying how great it is, join us, join us, new readers ! If I was rich I would buy several and make gifts to each of my friends. Don't panic, I'm poor ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8032 on: July 10, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »
Oh yes... I need one. And after, I'll show it to everybody, saying how great it is, join us, join us, new readers !

Yes, that's my plan too. If I manage to get a book, I'll put it on the table or the most visible place in my flat, and show everyone: 'Hey, look, this is the comic I'm talking about all the time. Isn't it beautiful? Go and read it. Now.'
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Dalahästen

« Reply #8033 on: July 10, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »
Yeah, I got the ARtD book in the print drive (even helped Minna with proofreading the pages!) but it really got hard to get those last 300 copies or so she had. They always vanished within 2 hours or less whenever she opened the store D:

I got one of the SSSS books in the print drive as well and I was planning on buying _another_ one when she got them out for sale and now seeing how many fans who are clearly more dedicated than me and didn't get it I just feel so guilty about it D:

I almost got two ARtDs at the time as well. :(

So when it's out and if I have the chance, I won't buy another copy straight away so more of you get the chance. I promise <3

On the other hand, has anyone purchased the prints? I'd really really like to, but I'm unsure of the material / quality / if it would survive my country's horrible handling at customs.

And really, considering how much Minna got funded on her previous print drives without the legion of fans she has now, I'm really curious to see how much she'll make next time. I'll be waiting and be like

:book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:

:artd:

Dalahästen

« Reply #8034 on: July 10, 2015, 08:02:28 AM »

I'm not sure if she's going to change her methods with the SSSS books, but for the remaining ARtD ones she opened her own store in her site (she did not use hivemill as far as I remember).

http://www.minnasundberg.fi/store.php

This was the place if I'm not mistaken. But she always puts it up in the SSSS page as well, saying how many copies she has for sale and with a corner link to the store. So don't worry, you'll know when she opens the store!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:06:50 AM by Dalahästen »

Mélusine

« Reply #8035 on: July 10, 2015, 08:03:28 AM »
On the other hand, has anyone purchased the prints? I'd really really like to, but I'm unsure of the material / quality / if it would survive my country's horrible handling at customs.
I'm waiting for my birthday. I think my friends won't have this idea, but let's say it will be a gift to myself after ? *Really want the team on the bridge and Lalli in the Dreamworld*

Dalahästen

« Reply #8036 on: July 10, 2015, 08:10:26 AM »
I'm waiting for my birthday. I think my friends won't have this idea, but let's say it will be a gift to myself after ? *Really want the team on the bridge and Lalli in the Dreamworld*

Yes!! I really want the Old Stone Bridge one and Hannu and Ville one. I'd put them in beautiful frames too *–*

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8037 on: July 10, 2015, 09:40:57 AM »
I THINK I GOT MY FIRST PAYCHECK?
by "think" I mean I got a letter with numbers and words on it but the words are too complicated and nonsensical for me to understand hahaha

but I'm 98% certain it's my pay!!!! i am excite
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #8038 on: July 10, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »
Minnas last comment on the matter said that she'll "probably be selling them in much larger batches [than with aRTD] through Hiveworks this time".

Questions whether she'll sell through a European channel as well (so that European readers wouldn't need to pay U.S. based Hieworks' shipping fees for books that were printed in Europe in the first place) remained unanswered.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #8039 on: July 10, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »
I THINK I GOT MY FIRST PAYCHECK?
by "think" I mean I got a letter with numbers and words on it but the words are too complicated and nonsensical for me to understand hahaha

but I'm 98% certain it's my pay!!!! i am excite
Don't spend it all in one store!  :P

A friend of mine picked up a few SSSS prints from the Hiveworks booth at Emerald City Comic Con this year - the language family one is mine, apparently. She was going to bring it to me when we met up in Vancouver but she forgot it XD So, I do technically own a print, but I don't actually have it. It lives in Seattle until she gets around to mailing it~
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: