Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387352 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7965 on: July 09, 2015, 10:05:52 AM »
Also Fimby that trophy is well deserved. I haven't been here as long as Haiz and Laufey, and even I know it :P

I've been here longer than Haiz and Laufey combined and I say.... well, any trophy is a good trophy.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7966 on: July 09, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
Cosplay accidents continue - I just went to the loo and found out I had somehow glued my tights to my thighs. At this point I'm beginning to wonder if I should be allowed to use glue unsupervised at all...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #7967 on: July 09, 2015, 12:52:58 PM »
Cosplay accidents continue - I just went to the loo and found out I had somehow glued my tights to my thighs. At this point I'm beginning to wonder if I should be allowed to use glue unsupervised at all...
Be careful, Laufey ! When is your cosplay ? Can you prepare it quietly ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7968 on: July 09, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »
Be careful, Laufey ! When is your cosplay ? Can you prepare it quietly ?

I have about two weeks left now and I'm getting a little bit nervous by now. I can still take my time to work on it - no need to stay up at nights working on it - and I'm actually a bit ahead of my schedule even, so all in all things are going ok. My fingers hate me though. :P

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #7969 on: July 09, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »
I have about two weeks left now and I'm getting a little bit nervous by now. I can still take my time to work on it - no need to stay up at nights working on it - and I'm actually a bit ahead of my schedule even, so all in all things are going ok. My fingers hate me though. :P
I was assuming it was getting closer. You're not one of these persons who become clumsy when they don't have "enough" time to their mind, isn't it ? ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7970 on: July 09, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
Maybe it is time to invest in someone to come and supervise you to make sure you don't injure yourself further?

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7971 on: July 09, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »
I was assuming it was getting closer. You're not one of these persons who become clumsy when they don't have "enough" time to their mind, isn't it ? ;)

Errr, as far as clumsiness goes I'm a natural, alas. :D I once hit myself in the face with a hammer when I was making a spoon because I was too preoccupied trying to look cool for the first year students.

Maybe it is time to invest in someone to come and supervise you to make sure you don't injure yourself further?

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE

YES PLEASE. I would in fact love to be able to chat about fanfic plans SSSS with someone while working. ;D

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7972 on: July 09, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

YES PLEASE. I would in fact love to be able to chat about fanfic plans SSSS with someone while working. ;D
Weeeeell that could maybe be arranged? 
(Though I've lost track of the number of people I've added on skype and then never actually started a single conversation with)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7973 on: July 09, 2015, 01:19:01 PM »
So I just got a new response to the "what's your career path" subject:

- "So what do you want to go into when you're done with college?"
- "I want to do comics."
- "What kind, like stand-up?"

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #7974 on: July 09, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »

AHAHAHA--*cough* Um. How did you manage that, exactly? Were you trying to make sure they didn't fall down or something?

In kitty news: Franky has just about healed completely from her miscarriage, though I think she got Kinny sick with whatever she had--it's his own fault, he took it upon himself to be her official bum cleaner. They are now playing, which involves Franky sitting atop the back of the couch grooming herself like she's completely unconcerned (occasionally giving herself away by catching sight of her tail and attempting to catch it) while Kinny jumps from couch to couch like a maniac, lunging up at her out of nowhere before falling on his ass. Why yes, I have turned into one of those crazy cat ladies whose kitties are her babies and great joy in life, why do you ask?

(Though I've lost track of the number of people I've added on skype and then never actually started a single conversation with)

Wait wait, you say that like it's not the absolute normal thing that everyone does always. Is--is it not? o_o

Mélusine

« Reply #7975 on: July 09, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
Solovei's solution is the simplest ^^ Wait, no, won't you be more dangerous for yourself if you're working on your cosplay AND chatting ?

So I just got a new response to the "what's your career path" subject:

- "So what do you want to go into when you're done with college?"
- "I want to do comics."
- "What kind, like stand-up?"
*Pat pat*

Why yes, I have turned into one of those crazy cat ladies whose kitties are her babies and great joy in life, why do you ask?
All is all right, look, you manage not to put kitten's photos in every post.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:36:39 PM by Mélusine »

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #7976 on: July 09, 2015, 02:40:40 PM »
HOLYCRAP

Guys there's a hostage situation going on just down the street

I am currently hiding in my house trying to reassure my baby sister that the bad man isn't going to come to our house next

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

« Reply #7977 on: July 09, 2015, 02:48:27 PM »
HOLYCRAP

I am currently hiding in my house trying to reassure my baby sister that the bad man isn't going to come to our house next
O_o I hope all will end well. Be careful.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #7978 on: July 09, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »
HOLYCRAP

OOF that's terrible, be safe. Any details on the situation? Motive?

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #7979 on: July 09, 2015, 02:55:16 PM »
It's some schizophrenic guy who lives alone an has been off his meds
He's threatening to light his own house up with him inside
O vO

Boop-boop-ba-doop~