Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410758 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7920 on: July 08, 2015, 04:21:21 PM »
Bus? Train? Bike? The horses of the apostles?
yyyeaah okay. But San Francisco sounds like one of them Big Cities, wouldn't it be possible to bus there?

I'm planning on busing to Brno this weekend again, anyhow. I think I'll finally be able to hang out with my friend!!
Yeah, looking at Google Maps I could bus to the city (with three hours and $15) and stay for two and a half hours and then bus back (with another three hours and $15). And this is all assuming I'd have Saturdays off. We'll see. And then there's also the whole factor of young woman+alone+San Francisco which I don't think anything WOULD happen but what if it DID.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7921 on: July 08, 2015, 04:30:06 PM »
Update:
I got the job!!!
*screaming*
I'M MOVING OUT TOMORROW!!!
*continues screaming*

CONGRATS RTR!!!

maybe i'm just 'nother dweller of that godforsaken mountain country but one hour and a half seems like perfectly okay driving distance to me??

This randomly reminded me of that Reykjavík gothic -post on tumblr: you drive for 10min and you're out of Reykjavík. Drive for three days and you're back in Reykjavík. You can never leave.

You didn't give us a decade for this, but like Haiz said: this is so very, very the 90s. Like, look up "the 90s" in an encyclopedia and you will find this picture.

Haiz is very right, 90's was when I was a teenager. I would never look the 90's up in an encyclopedia because of the painfully embarrassing flashbacks, let's just say it was an interesting decade and leave it at that (and pray the fashion ideas will never return)...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7922 on: July 08, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
Update:
I got the job!!!
*screaming*
*continues screaming*
*helps RTR scream*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
CONGRATULATIONSSSSS

hopefully next it will be my turn
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7923 on: July 08, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »
EEE CONGRATS RTR!!!
screaming is the right way to do things

I remember when they put an 8 hour train ride on norwegian television. the main channel. just a train ride.
......it was so popular, they later put a... was it three days? three days of hurtigruta's ocean route. exciting times

This randomly reminded me of that Reykjavík gothic -post on tumblr: you drive for 10min and you're out of Reykjavík. Drive for three days and you're back in Reykjavík. You can never leave.
pffffffff
this reminds me of the fact that I wrote a haiz gothic once because i'm just that self-absorbed
Spoiler: show

- “i miss the forest,” ze says. “i like being outside,” ze says. ze spends days and days in hir cellar room. the daylight can barely reach the tiny windows.

- “how can you sleep with this many clocks in your room?” a friend asks.
“there aren’t that many clocks. only three of them are ticking, the other seven stopped years ago,” says the haiz.

- every time you see hir, ze has a different hair colour. you keep asking if ze dyed it recently. the answer is always no.

- ze tries to go outside to find a forest. ze gets lost in the fields, every time. the mud clings to the boots, layer upon layer. the haiz returns taller than before.

- it’s just another second hand jacket. there was a need for this exact jacket in this exact thickness. there is definitely space for this jacket in the closet. they pile up upon the soft bedding that is the striped stocking collection.

- there is a steady wind of reassurances and kind words from strangers across the globe. they sweep through the void that is the haiz’ self esteem.

- ze claims to speak three different actual languages, but ze keeps talking in pterodactyl screeches and keysmash noises. you can understand hir.

- every scrap of paper in hir vicinity is steadily filled with scrawlings and doodles, yet you can’t find a pen.

- you forget to drink your tea, and since it’s gone cold you just leave it. the next time you see your cup it is empty.

- everything is neatly organized to the point it is messy. there are faint ink stains on everything. you have found the lair.

... i might even have posted it here before idek anymore
you'll know where to find me.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7924 on: July 08, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »

I remember when they put an 8 hour train ride on norwegian television. the main channel. just a train ride.
......it was so popular, they later put a... was it three days? three days of hurtigruta's ocean route. exciting times
See, I would actually watch that. I love trains so much and they don't come to my city ;~;
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7925 on: July 08, 2015, 04:46:44 PM »
Congrats Tex!

......it was so popular

I took the same train route on Monday actually. It was so exciting I fell asleep (then again I have taken it many times).

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7926 on: July 08, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
See, I would actually watch that.
and now you can

I took the train from Kristiansand back to Trondheim, which... took about 14 hours I think? I was sick that day and when I changed trains in Oslo to one with sleepy seats, I got a seat that literally spun around. they have seats they can fix so they will always face the direction the train is going, but I got a defect carousel seat. FUN TIMES

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #7927 on: July 08, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
Update:
I got the job!!!
*screaming*
*continues screaming*
Congratulations ! :D

hopefully next it will be my turn
We'll find something, someday.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7928 on: July 08, 2015, 05:48:47 PM »
Ahhhh I will be in Santa Cruz, so 'driving distance' like an hour and a half? I'll be working full-time (hopefully) and have no transportation, so a meet-up won't exactly be feasible for me. :'( So close, and yet so far.

Update:
I got the job!!!
*screaming*
*continues screaming*

AHHHH!  Meet-Up in Santa Cruz, dudes!  Or not... but *I* have transportation and friends to drop in on in the South Bay, so I'm sure I could find a pretext to come down there.

Do you need a ride from the airport?  What airport are you using?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7929 on: July 08, 2015, 06:09:57 PM »
- i went to a toy store and saw the haizest dragon i have ever seen. not even I could've come up with a haizer dragon than this. it's my dragonsona:

Hmmm, looks like Damarai met the mob and is going to sleep with the fishies tonight ... ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7930 on: July 08, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
AHHHH!  Meet-Up in Santa Cruz, dudes!  Or not... but *I* have transportation and friends to drop in on in the South Bay, so I'm sure I could find a pretext to come down there.

Do you need a ride from the airport?  What airport are you using?
Okay, I'm pretty sure that the reputation that Minnions have for being insanely nice comes like 92% from this lady. Right here. (I'll be flying in to San Jose, and my grandfather's picking me up, so I'm good. :) )
And if any of y'all want to spend money at Lenz Arts sometime.... just saying.... And they also have demos and stuff, so y'know....
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7931 on: July 08, 2015, 06:12:31 PM »
And if any of y'all want to spend money at Lenz Arts sometime.... just saying.... And they also have demos and stuff, so y'know....

>:^0

can I move in
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7932 on: July 08, 2015, 06:14:06 PM »
Hmmm, looks like Damarai met the mob and is going to sleep with the fishies tonight ... ;)
"When Damarai visits her dearly loved Rainbow Elves, all of them start to smile. The dragon lady is not only very adorable but also more than funny. She likes to speak about her everyday adventures and excellently imitates all kinds of sounds. When she flies home to her dragon tree in the evening, after an abundant dragon meal, her wings glisten in all colors of the rainbow in the setting sun. "
it's me
it's actually me

...i will have to buy that dumb figure i swear
they have unicorns too

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7933 on: July 08, 2015, 06:22:45 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS, RTR!!!

It must be really exciting to go live on your own. I mean, of course it must be a little scary too, but just think about the freeeedom!

[Saku mode] Today I was dying, but it was ok. [/Saku mode]
I got to spend the whole afternoon in my bed, under a blanket, binge watching "Daredevil". A day well spent, I dare say.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #7934 on: July 08, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
Guys GUYS I"m on season 5 of Supernatural, help
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8: