Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410796 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7905 on: July 08, 2015, 03:03:05 PM »
This is punk? If I saw a highschooler wearing this I wouldn't bat an eye.

Then we may assume you're a bit younger than me because yup, this was punk. BACK IN THE DAY. :D

Oh Laufey. I love you so much. The kids I know who dress like this are homeschooled 11-14 year olds.

I wasn't even homeschooled and I still managed this. :D Occasionally I wish I could go back in time just to, uh, pat my younger self heavily on the back and tell me to stop moping around and dyeing my hair black because literally any other colour suits me better.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:08:36 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7906 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:04 PM »
PUNK LAUF OMG
i admit it's not a very jarring sight since I have a lot of, um, metalhead friends, but it looks so 90s

I'm glad you're feeling better! Get lots of vitamins and drink lots of water and eat lots of... *looks at smudged writing on hand* vogtales. Veggiebles. The green things.

So there's this job opportunity for me in California and I've been talking to the guy for over a week and a half now and he still hasn't let me know his decision and I need to know TODAY because if I get the job I'm flying out TOMORROW MORNING. Stress levels at maximum.
veggibleps. okay. will do!

owh that sounds super stressful and I hope you get to know soon!!!
...last year I thought I was getting a summer job gutting fish at a factory on greenland, and I was SO READY to go even if i absolutely hate gutting fish but uh I had misunderstood the entire thing and didn't get a job after all. It was right before summer, too, so it was a similar situation in that I ahd to decide things VERY QUICKLY.
(also, why it was so easy to accept a job in prague this year. it's nowhere as random or far away as greenland)

Never change.
*hides tiny cheap dragon figurine behind back* *nervous laugh*
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:33:12 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7907 on: July 08, 2015, 03:14:42 PM »
PUNK LAUF OMG
i admit it's not a very jarring sight since I have a lot of, um, metalhead friends, but it looks so 90s
It was a simpler time <3
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7908 on: July 08, 2015, 03:15:37 PM »
It was a simpler time <3
i was a beby back then so i agree

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7909 on: July 08, 2015, 03:24:11 PM »
So there's this job opportunity for me in California and I've been talking to the guy for over a week and a half now and he still hasn't let me know his decision and I need to know TODAY because if I get the job I'm flying out TOMORROW MORNING. Stress levels at maximum.

Oooh!  Where in California?  Anywhere within driving distance of San Francisco?  Doing what?  Might we in the Bay Area have the chance of meeting the most best Random Texan Reader? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7910 on: July 08, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »

Punk Laufey is the best wth
I love this a lot
My style is really similar says the person who thinks has badass-heavy-kid looking

i'm feeling a bit under the weather this week, yesterday I didn't even leave the building all day and spent my time mostly wallowing in self-pity (and drawing dragons. im gonna draw more dragons today). I think I'm getting better now - I did at least go a little outside and there was a wonderful wind and perfect temperature and maybe I was wrong in not going outside yesterday, but at least it made me feel loads better

Aww haiz *hugs* You'll get good really soon! As my mother says, this is only a ''nightmare'' and it will past really fast  ;) that's how you say it in english right??

Geez stressing people like that kills me
My family has the same problem but with a house instead of a job. Anyone who wants to live in there takes 4 months to say yes or no. Even if the looked to the house one thousand times. And then they leave after only 2 weeks living in there :/
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7911 on: July 08, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »
Oooh!  Where in California?  Anywhere within driving distance of San Francisco?  Doing what?  Might we in the Bay Area have the chance of meeting the most best Random Texan Reader?
Ahhhh I will be in Santa Cruz, so 'driving distance' like an hour and a half? I'll be working full-time (hopefully) and have no transportation, so a meet-up won't exactly be feasible for me. :'( So close, and yet so far.

Update:
I got the job!!!
*screaming*
I'M MOVING OUT TOMORROW!!!
*continues screaming*
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:04:13 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7912 on: July 08, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »
Ahhhh I will be in Santa Cruz, so 'driving distance' like an hour and a half? I'll be working full-time (hopefully) and have no transportation, so a meet-up won't exactly be feasible for me. :'( So close, and yet so far.
maybe i'm just 'nother dweller of that godforsaken mountain country but one hour and a half seems like perfectly okay driving distance to me??

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7913 on: July 08, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »
Given my very accurate knowledge of American geography, isn't that basically where Curry lives?

VAAAAGUELY

Yeah, pfft, I mean, Miami/Tampa/Washington/Denton, there's like, what, an hour between them?
(I said very accurate, and I meant very accurate)

LESS VAGUELY
Actually, you named my town in there, my cover is blown

Maybe? I guess they do infrastucture a lot better than this mountain country of mine. Driving the 500 km from Bergen in the west to Oslo in the East takes some 7-8 hours, provided that the mountain roads are open.

It is more like 4 hours (wow, i google mapped that rough estimate, and i was only a minute off. good job curry) because Florida is long and hot and full of residential areas, but the highways are pretty easy and mostly flat and straight so it's not that difficult of a drive. If I had my driver's license and permissive parents I could probably make it myself.
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7914 on: July 08, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »
Then we may assume you're a bit younger than me because yup, this was punk. BACK IN THE DAY. :D

You didn't give us a decade for this, but like Haiz said: this is so very, very the 90s. Like, look up "the 90s" in an encyclopedia and you will find this picture.

maybe i'm just 'nother dweller of that godforsaken mountain country but one hour and a half seems like perfectly okay driving distance to me??
Pfft yeah, that's nothing. Over the hill and a little more.

VAAAAGUELY

LESS VAGUELY
It is more like 4 hours

I think you may have blown an enormous hole in your own "cover" there.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:07:29 PM by Fimbulvarg »

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7915 on: July 08, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »
Well yeah if I were driving myself, but it's just plain rude to ask somebody else to drive me for any longer than half an hour. Plus traffic.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7916 on: July 08, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »
Well yeah if I were driving myself, but it's just plain rude to ask somebody else to drive me for any longer than half an hour. Plus traffic.

Bus? Train? Bike? The horses of the apostles?

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7917 on: July 08, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »
yyyeaah okay. But San Francisco sounds like one of them Big Cities, wouldn't it be possible to bus there?

I'm planning on busing to Brno this weekend again, anyhow. I think I'll finally be able to hang out with my friend!!

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7918 on: July 08, 2015, 04:12:46 PM »
yyyeaah okay. But San Francisco sounds like one of them Big Cities, wouldn't it be possible to bus there?

Or train! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7919 on: July 08, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »
Or train! :D
hahahah I always forget the train exists

whenever I wanna meet some of my norwegian friends i gotta take the plane.