Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387709 times)

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7890 on: July 08, 2015, 06:54:06 AM »
Okay,since I'm flying out tomorrow, here's a small reminder that if I disappear off the face if the earth for more than a week, I am dead. Sorry about being such a downer, but somebody might get concerned.
Take care! Bring along some sleeping pills if it's a long flight!
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7891 on: July 08, 2015, 09:09:23 AM »
I haven't said this yet but-
The king of Spain, Felipe IV, invites me to a important military thing. (*ahem* My parent's job ::) )
I mean, THE KING OF SPAIN.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

We don't know each other and this is not a joke. I have a photo of the invitation if somebody thinks is fake.
Plus, I'm going to Italy next week (eeee!) I've said that before right?

Okay,since I'm flying out tomorrow, here's a small reminder that if I disappear off the face if the earth for more than a week, I am dead. Sorry about being such a downer, but somebody might get concerned.

Have fun! ^^ I'm sure you'll survive, don't think you're going to be dead!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7892 on: July 08, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »
HA! I was right!! The Finns are taking over Kyoto!!!

There were little flags and a TV and Finns in a sauna on the TV and they were talking and I have no idea what they were saying or why it was outside the shop. Maybe they're starting a colony here.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #7893 on: July 08, 2015, 10:59:49 AM »
Heh, if anybody could battle the Grim Reaper to a standstill, my money would be on you.  Safe journeys, all the same. 

Ha, I'm honored

I haven't said this yet but-
The king of Spain, Felipe IV, invites me to a important military thing. (*ahem* My parent's job ::) )
I mean, THE KING OF SPAIN.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

We don't know each other and this is not a joke. I have a photo of the invitation if somebody thinks is fake.
Plus, I'm going to Italy next week (eeee!) I've said that before right?

what

Take care! Bring along some sleeping pills if it's a long flight!

Not really.

And I'm in Miami right now. Connecting flight!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #7894 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
Hey hey!

Finally somewhat settled in new (well, new-old) country. Might be more active now. Been offline from forum for more than a month now, so much new stuff... (I probably won't look through it all, just pick up from here instead.)

In other news, South Africa was great and I'll have some photos for you guys soonish (got more than 3000 to sort through, it'll take a bit before I've got a selection). The Netherlands is pretty nice so far (even though I landed in the middle of a heatwave of almost 40 C weather ;_; Luckily that's over now...). I have the coolest family here, and I think I'll more than survive it ;) I have rediscovered my dislike for multiple long flights, though (especially with crying babies included ;_;)... hopefully won't have to make that journey again for some time.

Anything super-ultra-important that I need to know of? (I've seen that the SSSS Board has a child-board for the persona-related stuff, that's super cool!)

And how are things going with all of you? :)
Am notified of private messages via email.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7895 on: July 08, 2015, 11:11:58 AM »
And I'm in Miami right now. Connecting flight!
Given my very accurate knowledge of American geography, isn't that basically where Curry lives?

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7896 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:18 AM »
Given my very accurate knowledge of American geography, isn't that basically where Curry lives?

Curry lives in Florida IIRC. Having said that, Florida state is almost as big as Great Britain in terms of area.

Hey hey!

Finally somewhat settled in new (well, new-old) country. Might be more active now. Been offline from forum for more than a month now, so much new stuff... (I probably won't look through it all, just pick up from here instead.)

In other news, South Africa was great and I'll have some photos for you guys soonish (got more than 3000 to sort through, it'll take a bit before I've got a selection). The Netherlands is pretty nice so far (even though I landed in the middle of a heatwave of almost 40 C weather ;_; Luckily that's over now...). I have the coolest family here, and I think I'll more than survive it ;) I have rediscovered my dislike for multiple long flights, though (especially with crying babies included ;_;)... hopefully won't have to make that journey again for some time.

Anything super-ultra-important that I need to know of? (I've seen that the SSSS Board has a child-board for the persona-related stuff, that's super cool!)

And how are things going with all of you? :)

Welcome to Europe, it's kinda hot here right now.

Babies crying on a plane is a personal hell of mine. There's just something about it that makes me grind my teeth.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:24:22 AM by Fimbulvarg »

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7897 on: July 08, 2015, 11:23:47 AM »
Curry lives in Florida IIRC. Having said that, Florida state is almost as big as Great Britain in terms of area.
Yeah, pfft, I mean, Miami/Tampa/Washington/Denton, there's like, what, an hour between them?
(I said very accurate, and I meant very accurate)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7898 on: July 08, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »
Yeah, pfft, I mean, Miami/Tampa/Washington/Denton, there's like, what, an hour between them?
(I said very accurate, and I meant very accurate)

Maybe? I guess they do infrastucture a lot better than this mountain country of mine. Driving the 500 km from Bergen in the west to Oslo in the East takes some 7-8 hours, provided that the mountain roads are open.

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #7899 on: July 08, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »
I just succeeded in staring down a cat! She was yelling at me though, so i wasn't just like 'hey cat imma stare at u now' 
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7900 on: July 08, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Try not to do the thing > not doing the thing > did the thing anyways > the thing has been done
the Story of Haiz

oh and SAFE TRAVELS to everyone traveling, WELCOME BACK!! to everyone who is back!!

i'm feeling a bit under the weather this week, yesterday I didn't even leave the building all day and spent my time mostly wallowing in self-pity (and drawing dragons. im gonna draw more dragons today). I think I'm getting better now - I did at least go a little outside and there was a wonderful wind and perfect temperature and maybe I was wrong in not going outside yesterday, but at least it made me feel loads better

- mr annoying receptionist guy is starting to remind me a lot of michael scott from the office. i have to work with a mild version of michael scott. i cannot believe this
(he has realized that he can ask me to translate things to norwegian now. he will call me over at random times to point at the drawer and ask "what's this in norwegian")

- they don't sell chocolate milk in the stores here?? i've got the worst chocolate milk cravings and the closest i got was a chocolatey icecoffee and to my great relief it doesn't taste awful

- i went to a toy store and saw the haizest dragon i have ever seen. not even I could've come up with a haizer dragon than this. it's my dragonsona:

- waited at the post office. you know when you pick a queue number and there are screens with numbers on them, right? well, they were all 963, 965, 962, etc... and i got a ticket with "41". I was so confused until I realized the numbers will probably reset after 999. they did. And I got really hyped when it finally showed 39.... 40..... and that's when it jumped to 72
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7901 on: July 08, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »
Eh, I'm struggling to picture this, but I shouldn't be surprised - it's not the first time someone admits to having been a punk in their teens.

I'm going to regret this am I not...

Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7902 on: July 08, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »

We already had a picture of Kex with a mohawk, and now this! Yay!
I had  tiny punk phase when I was a very young teenager but I don't think I have any pictures from that time.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7903 on: July 08, 2015, 02:58:54 PM »
chocolate milk

i went to a toy store

Never change.

This is punk? If I saw a highschooler wearing this I wouldn't bat an eye.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7904 on: July 08, 2015, 03:00:30 PM »
i'm feeling a bit under the weather this week, yesterday I didn't even leave the building all day and spent my time mostly wallowing in self-pity (and drawing dragons. im gonna draw more dragons today). I think I'm getting better now - I did at least go a little outside and there was a wonderful wind and perfect temperature and maybe I was wrong in not going outside yesterday, but at least it made me feel loads better
I'm glad you're feeling better! Get lots of vitamins and drink lots of water and eat lots of... *looks at smudged writing on hand* vogtales. Veggiebles. The green things.

So there's this job opportunity for me in California and I've been talking to the guy for over a week and a half now and he still hasn't let me know his decision and I need to know TODAY because if I get the job I'm flying out TOMORROW MORNING. Stress levels at maximum.

Oh Laufey. I love you so much. The kids I know who dress like this are homeschooled 11-14 year olds.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:04:18 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.