Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387820 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7875 on: July 07, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »
Finns are not the only ones everywhere, apparently.

guests: *speaking english*
me: oh hey that accent sounds scandinavian. and their last names are hjort could they be norw-
guests: *speaking swedish between themselves*
me, in czech, to receptionist: "tHEY'RE SWEDES"
receptionist: "you recognize that??"
me: "yes"
me: *tries not to do anything embarassing*
me: *vibrates with effort of not being embarassing*
me:
me, at guests: "HEJDÅ!!!!!!!"
guests: !
me:
me: i'm so embarassing

in my defense I woke up an hour before my alarm today and can feel that my brain doesn't have all its wires properly connected

I am totally not guilty of eavesdropping on other tourists in museums. Nope nooo sireeee. There was this one Swedish group of teenagers that I may have followed around for a while and then a guy whose backpack had Norwegian writing on it (or maybe Danish) but he and his kids were taking their tour in English and I eventually had to stop following them before I heard them speak and then there were some lost Danish tourists the other day. Also several Germans.
The best part is I sound totally North American when speaking English, so no one would suspect me of understanding anything :P

On another topic, today's going to be just rivets, rivets, rivets. I've only got a bit over a hundred of them in and my fingers already hurt, this is probably the most I've bled on a cosplay ever. Besides I'm also having painful flashbacks to my youth as a mopey punk to add insult to the injuries... :P

Ouch. Please don't remove too much skin :-\

Hmmm... Punk Laufey. Like heavy metal punk? Can we make punk Lauftrolls now?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7876 on: July 07, 2015, 11:10:35 AM »
Hi y'all again heh
Well, I'm not so active because IDK why?? Like I'm not in the mood or something?? Is killing me not to talk in here even if I don't want sometimes
Anyways, I'm excited because a lot of things. Those things are like: Mobile Orchestra is coming out this Friday, MY FATHER'S B-DAY IS THIS FRIDAY, I'm going to Italy next week (weeeee!), my b-day is coming (another weeeeee!), etc.
Also, as for my drawing plans, I'll probably won't do it. Why? Art block. (Is that how you call it??) I'm out of ideas plus I have no inspiration. The last drawings I made were Furry!Adam Young, a diplodocus(?) and a velociraptor without wanting to do it (I did it because I was bored and I couldn't do anything that draw).
So yeah, that's all.

You can continue-

Edit: Plus, happy San Fermín to all!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:18:13 AM by RealRedCloudYT »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7877 on: July 07, 2015, 11:15:07 AM »
guests: *speaking english*
me: oh hey that accent sounds scandinavian. and their last names are hjort could they be norw-
guests: *speaking swedish between themselves*
me, in czech, to receptionist: "tHEY'RE SWEDES"
receptionist: "you recognize that??"
me: "yes"
me: *tries not to do anything embarassing*
me: *vibrates with effort of not being embarassing*
me:
me, at guests: "HEJDÅ!!!!!!!"
guests: !
me:
me: i'm so embarassing

Try not to do the thing > not doing the thing > did the thing anyways > the thing has been done

Besides I'm also having painful flashbacks to my youth as a mopey punk to add insult to the injuries... :P

Eh, I'm struggling to picture this, but I shouldn't be surprised - it's not the first time someone admits to having been a punk in their teens.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:19:00 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #7878 on: July 07, 2015, 02:42:25 PM »
I am melting! It is so hot here...about 35°C (95 degrees Fahrenheit). Every evening I hope it gets colder and every evening I am disappointed. The only good thing is we are living near the public bath and are perusing our seasonal entry cards quite excessively :)
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7879 on: July 07, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
I am melting! It is so hot here...about 35°C (95 degrees Fahrenheit).

*pat pat* Shhh is okay. In Spain is 45°C and going up. I feel Your pain.
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #7880 on: July 07, 2015, 03:03:13 PM »
*pat pat* Shhh is okay. In Spain is 45°C and going up. I feel Your pain.

Oh, I think I would die in Spain in the summer!
(I think I go and get a bowl of ice water for my feet now...)
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

BreezeLouise

« Reply #7881 on: July 07, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
I've been playing Persona 3 Portable a bunch, and...
Spoiler: show

It's an actual trollsona. I can't stop giggling.
If this isn't the right place to share this, totally feel free to move it or whatever. I just wanted to maybe spread the giggles around
Life is a state of mind.

Mélusine

« Reply #7882 on: July 07, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »
I am melting! It is so hot here...about 35°C (95 degrees Fahrenheit).
It's 10°C too hot for me, I sympathize with you :-\
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #7883 on: July 07, 2015, 04:16:46 PM »
I'm back from Italy! (Actually I was back yesterday, but was in zombie mode because I was trying to stay awake until a somewhat reasonable bedtime to combat jet lag, but had already been awake for 42+ hours and forgot about everything.) Anyway, it was really fun! My Chior did really well and we all had a really great time. I'm trying to stay awake right now (it's not really working) and I don't know what, if anything, you guys want to hear about, so feel free to ask as many questions as you want. The festival we were in is called Musica Sacra a Roma and my Chior is the Seattle Children's Chorus.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7884 on: July 07, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »
I'm back from Italy! (Actually I was back yesterday, but was in zombie mode because I was trying to stay awake until a somewhat reasonable bedtime to combat jet lag, but had already been awake for 42+ hours and forgot about everything.) Anyway, it was really fun! My Chior did really well and we all had a really great time. I'm trying to stay awake right now (it's not really working) and I don't know what, if anything, you guys want to hear about, so feel free to ask as many questions as you want. The festival we were in is called Musica Sacra a Roma and my Chior is the Seattle Children's Chorus.

Welcome back! :D
I remember when my choir went to Italy it was in January so I had to come back and go to school the next day. That was crazy. A bunch of choir kids were passed out by european history class and we only had that 2nd period of the day. :P

What songs did you sing? What kinds of things did you see?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7885 on: July 07, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »

THIS. So much this.

Currently I'm not in this state, because I have like 3 Forum-related projects running, but when it comes to non-computer stuff I'm very familiar with this. It went to the extremes last august, when doing nothing got to the point that it almost hurt, I kept having the thoughts "You're doing absolutely nothing." "You're just wasting your time." "You're wasting your opportunities." "You're wasting your life." and I got into the impossible state of waiting for school to start so that I will have to do things.
But it's a lot better now, when the Laziness Monster attacks, I can remember those feelings to make it surrender and go away. And from the point I start something, I don't stop, like you. :D

Some other tips:
  • If it's a small task that can be finished in less than 30 minutes or the like, start it NOW. NO, not in a moment, not in 5 minutes, not after doing X. NOW. And whoosh, you get a lot of small things done! ;)
  • If it's something bigger, don't think about "Argh, I won't be able to finish this for a looong time, I have other things to do" Try breaking it up to smaller parts to do one at a time and then apply the above.
  • If you need support with doing stuff telling that you will do it here does help quite a lot. I could easily start playing Minecraft now, but I won't because at least 4-5 people are waiting for the reaction image hoard to get finished so they can fill it with stuff and use it.
Uh... sorry for rambling, I'm not sure if it helped at all, but I hope. :)

Thank you, Eriaror!
It's always good to know that I'm not the only one struggling with this (not saying that I'm happy for what you went through, though). Thanks for the tips, too! :)
Today I got a little more productive, so I feel better with myself. I hope I will be able to do the same thing tomorrow.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #7886 on: July 07, 2015, 09:14:23 PM »
Okay,since I'm flying out tomorrow, here's a small reminder that if I disappear off the face if the earth for more than a week, I am dead. Sorry about being such a downer, but somebody might get concerned.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7887 on: July 07, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »
Okay,since I'm flying out tomorrow, here's a small reminder that if I disappear off the face if the earth for more than a week, I am dead. Sorry about being such a downer, but somebody might get concerned.

Heh, if anybody could battle the Grim Reaper to a standstill, my money would be on you.  Safe journeys, all the same. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7888 on: July 08, 2015, 01:16:25 AM »

Stay safe and have fun! :)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7889 on: July 08, 2015, 04:30:34 AM »

Dead? On Haiti? Like, are you 100% sure you won't be turned into a zombie by some voodoo doctor.