Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387368 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7440 on: June 24, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
In case you need some suggestions ... >:D

("Nightmare at La Brea Tar Pits" ahahahaaahaaaa!)
Whaaaaaaaat you read that blog too?
Small world.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7441 on: June 24, 2015, 05:18:28 PM »
Small world.

Even smaller world, I'm a regular there. One of the best blogs ever (long live carrot baby)! :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #7442 on: June 24, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
Yay! Haircut-Mission completed! (Only took a year.) Anyway, I was right, my Chior leaves for Italy tomorrow and the nervousness has multiplied.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7443 on: June 24, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »
Not really reading it, no, but it's amazing how many discussions along the lines of "but certainly nobody would ever ..." you can cut short with a meat baby reference ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7444 on: June 24, 2015, 05:43:42 PM »
Is this the same hotel that you work in? Do you have to clean your own room since you're technically housekeeper yourself?

yes, since it's the hotel I work on I have a right to free food and stay here! It's just that they've been fully booked almost all the time, I'd say until now, but it's still pretty full. I mean, they gave me one of the rooms meant for disabled people, so I feel a bit guilty for occupying it? Which is ridiculous since I've made a deal to move out if they need the room. It's actually more spacious than the apartment O:

Maybe I will clean it myself. Or MAYBE I'll just put up that "do not disturb" card. problem solved! ......uuuunless I want more hotel candies. I do like hotel candy

anyway I'm finally moved in to the hotel. What was SUPPOSED to happen earlier today, though, was that my uncle invitied me to see the musical 'Amadeus' in the theatre. Except his plan was to buy tickets at the very last minute. "It has always worked before!" well this time it didn't. GOOD JOB UNCLE i still can't believe we're actually related

it wasn't actually that bad, though, and he got us tickets for tomorrow. like. actual tickets. for sure. aaand he bought me food and showed me around that particular part of the city, and then we visited a former colleague of his that has started her own store full of weird clothes. I like weird clothes. Turns out he kinda funded part of her shop and she owes him back, so ummmm I'm kind of getting a really cool dress I accidentally fell in love with. She's just gonna finish putting on some colourful buttons and strips of clothes and stuff first. She was actually really nice, which is good because I ended up staying there for wayyy longer than I think even the musical would've lasted. At the end I even began sewing on some of the buttons on the dress myself. The conversation also ended up in her asking me a lot of rather personal-ish questions about my orientation and stuff, I mean yeah sure that's what I get for mentioning I've never been in love but THIS KEEPS HAPPENING, i swear I'm not going around and babbling about these kinda things all the time outta nowhere to strangers i just met. I was also really close to telling her about the agender thing, too, because I'm sure she was pretty close to starting a "I'll make a woman out of you" music montague - but with revealing clothes instead of chinese army training.

how's that for spending less time on the forum
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:03:49 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7445 on: June 24, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
Not really reading it, no, but it's amazing how many discussions along the lines of "but certainly nobody would ever ..." you can cut short with a meat baby reference ...
Just when you think you've found the very nadir of human weirdness, you can always count on Cake Wrecks to do one better.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #7446 on: June 24, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »
Just when you think you've found the very nadir of human weirdness, you can always count on Cake Wrecks to do one better.
True fact. Also if you replace "weirdness" with "inability to spell".
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #7447 on: June 24, 2015, 06:05:29 PM »
Thanks for the link, that blog cheered me up a lot. In comparison, I can now say: My cake is not that bad. :D
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7448 on: June 24, 2015, 06:10:41 PM »

how's that for spending less time on the forum

It sounds like you had a really eventful day. I want to see a picture of the dress when it's finished! It sounds really interesting. And I can relate to your story about the I'll make a woman out of you thing. I may identify as female, but that doesn't mean I have to follow the steriotypical dress.

I have a lot of respect for how open you are about these things. When people start to ask me about boys or clothes and stuff I mostly just answer with vauge responses and change the subject. So yes, kudos to you for not beeing scared about showing who you are to other people. I find it inspiring and I hope one day I can have that same kind of courage.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:05:23 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7449 on: June 24, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
I have a lot of respect for how open you are about these things. When people start to ask me about boys or clothes and stuff I mostly just answer with vauge responses and change the subject. So yes, kudos to you for not beeing scared about showing who you are to other people. I find it inspiring and I hope one day I can have that same kind of courage.
ah, I'm not sure how much respect I deserve for being open, I live in a safe area and I'm surrounded by accepting people so it's not such a big deal to me, you know. plus I've never gotten hurt from opening up as I know a lot of other people have and thus I've never learnt to be guarded about it. It's probably gonna cause me trouble in the future

as for the revealing clothes, she was all "BUT YOU YOUNG GIRLS HAVE SUCH PRETTY BODIES!!! BE PROUD OF THEM!!!!" and like, gender identity aside, 1) I need my clothes to be comfortable above almost anything else. 2) I think some guys whistled at me last week and I was shell-shocked for a solid minute because w ha t (it was mostly the fact that the sound startled me into looking up and they started laughing. i'm not sure if any of it was aimed at me but it sure felt like it)

conversation went something like
Spoiler: show

"... do you think twenty-four years is a big age difference"
"um"
"can you imagine falling in love with someone twenty years older than you?"
"....... I can't imagine falling in love to begin with."
"What! You haven't been in love yet?"
"nnnno not really"
"what kind of men do you like, then?"
"......I don't"
"None at all??"
"ok maybe if they look like girls but-"
"you like girls?"
"better than boys"
"why?"
*WAVES HANDS IN AN EXPLAINY WAY*
"ok but if you want girls to look at you, you shouldn't be afraid of showing some skin and shapes!"
*mentally flops down on floor because YOU ArE NOT UNDERSTANDING*

oh oh oh and I'm keeping a tally of Strangers-that-smile-at-me. Maybe it's normal for strangers to smile at each other once in a while, but hey, I'm norwegian, we don't look strangers in the eyes if we don't have to.
Current Count of Smiling Strangers: 3
- a really androgynous person on the hotel that caught me staring at their tattoo
- lady on a bus that passed my bus on the highway. I made eye contact and started smiling and she smiled back
- random person on the street that looked down at my mismatched rainbowy stockings before smiling at me

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7450 on: June 24, 2015, 06:33:37 PM »
And I can relate to your story about the I'll make a woman out of you thing. I may identify as female, but that doesn't mean I have to follow the steriotypical dress.

I have a lot of respect for how open you are about these things. When people start to ask me about boys or clothes and stuff I mostly just answer with vague responses and change the subject. So yes, kudos to you for not being scared about showing who you are to other people. I find it inspiring and I hope one day I can have that same kind of courage.
Courage is a wonderful thing, but discretion has a place too.  In my opinion, it's perfectly OK not to feel like discussing something at a particular moment.  A cheerful, "I'm just not interested in that stuff" or "I'm more focused on my education right now," followed up if necessary with a firm, "Well, everyone's different" and changing the subject, is all you owe people if you don't want to delve into details.  (Sometimes repetition helps -- the drops-of-water-eventually-fill-a-lake thing.)

EDIT:
Haiz, *wow* that dressmaker lady was nosy!  I think she gets partial credit, though, for being open to the idea that a young woman might be attracted to other women.  Even if she can't go the next step and imagine someone not wanting to buy into the whole binary gender thing, period. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:06:43 AM by Feartheviolas »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7451 on: June 24, 2015, 06:57:04 PM »
as for the revealing clothes, she was all "BUT YOU YOUNG GIRLS HAVE SUCH PRETTY BODIES!!! BE PROUD OF THEM!!!!" and like, gender identity aside, 1) I need my clothes to be comfortable above almost anything else. 2) I think some guys whistled at me last week and I was shell-shocked for a solid minute because w ha t (it was mostly the fact that the sound startled me into looking up and they started laughing. i'm not sure if any of it was aimed at me but it sure felt like it)

conversation went something like
Spoiler: show

"... do you think twenty-four years is a big age difference"
"um"
"can you imagine falling in love with someone twenty years older than you?"
"....... I can't imagine falling in love to begin with."
"What! You haven't been in love yet?"
"nnnno not really"
"what kind of men do you like, then?"
"......I don't"
"None at all??"
"ok maybe if they look like girls but-"
"you like girls?"
"better than boys"
"why?"
"ok but if you want girls to look at you, you shouldn't be afraid of showing some skin and shapes!"
*mentally flops down on floor because YOU ArE NOT UNDERSTANDING*

I understand this perfectly. The first time I ever found myself liking someone wasn't because of the clothes she wore. I found that I liked her because she was intelligent and interested in things that were different. I felt like she was someone that got me and that I could talk to. It was never the clothes that got me to look at her. Although I have no problem with people dressing in order to look attractive. That is totally ok. I just want to say that it doesn't have to be everything.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:55:21 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7452 on: June 24, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
EDIT:Haiz, *wow* that dressmaker lady was nosy!
ha, yeah, I forgot to mention her previous job was as a psychiatrist. She did actually ask if she was being too nosy at some point because of that.

Viola: I'm sure the way people dress can be a point of attraction! but I think it'll also have a lot to do with how they wear it. Like, if someone is visibly uncomfortable about wearing a thing........

oh hey it's 1AM time for me to do the sleep in my fancy new quarters

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7453 on: June 24, 2015, 07:09:23 PM »
Although I have no problem with people dressing in order to look attractive. That is totally ok. I just want to say that it doesn't have to be everything.

Yes! A couple of years ago, a friend made me think long and hard about what clothing choices mean to different people. I think that people should dress for themselves first, and other people second. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with what you wear. And if you're comfortable in revealing clothing or if your personal goal is to be attractive to men/women/what-have-you, then you should choose your clothing based off that. If you prefer hoodies and blue jeans, then that's fine too. Of course, there are certain social situations in which you are expected to dress to a certain standard, but you should still have a say in exactly what you wear in order to make yourself comfortable. I may have to dress formally to go to a fancy dinner, for example, but I don't have to wear a dress if I feel more comfortable in pants. Which I do. Ok, I'm going to stop now before this turns into a rant about how much I hate wearing dresses, because it's already kind of a rant and you all don't need to hear that.  :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #7454 on: June 24, 2015, 07:18:08 PM »
I care zero about what I look like, beyond "I am not cold and my hair is only marginally taking over my face". I wear jeans all the time and a fleece with ENORMOUS POCKETS that I love to bits because it is warm and did I mention the pockets. I don't like makeup or doing things to my hair. I don't own shorts.