Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410307 times)

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7425 on: June 24, 2015, 10:09:55 AM »
Very funny, you know what I mean.
Maybe...maybe not...but it is okay :P I shall not come in-between your sacred love with the InternetZ.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #7426 on: June 24, 2015, 10:28:44 AM »
So yes rather expensive, everything was fine until it arrived in the UK and our favourite brits just failed at delivering the promised 'good service'.

DPD is a German company.... *whistles*

Maybe...maybe not...but it is okay :P I shall not come in-between your sacred love with the InternetZ.

And you shall not come between me and booping your nose either :P

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #7427 on: June 24, 2015, 10:50:28 AM »
DPD is a German company.... *whistles*

And you shall not come between me and booping your nose either :P

Yes well the Britishes~~~~ that are in charge of the UK Department are the ones that messed up!! So it doesn't matter what is the origin of the company! just because you're british does not mean you have to defend the incompetent idiots that don't know how to do their job

There shall be no booping (-.-)"" Or there will be severe consequences for you....I might put rat poison in the food I give you next time.....Beware!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #7428 on: June 24, 2015, 11:02:01 AM »
Housewarming party = too many persons. Leave me alone.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #7429 on: June 24, 2015, 11:07:06 AM »
There shall be no booping (-.-)"" Or there will be severe consequences for you....I might put rat poison in the food I give you next time.....Beware!!!

Ooh booping gets me extra flavouring :D

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #7430 on: June 24, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
Did I hear something about booping noses? My sister and I do the booping of noses whenever the other least expects it

Also, I swear I changed my signature before I read the booping posts xP

Sorry about posting and disappearing yesterday btw. I asked how everyone was doing and then totally forgot to stick around for the replies > 3< my bad?

Thankfully I took my Adderall today, so that shouldn't happen again :p

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #7431 on: June 24, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Thankfully I took my Adderall today, so that shouldn't happen again :p

Now you just need to crush some up, mix it into an energy drink and you will be in hyper productive mode.

(Koeshi accepts no liability for any negative consequences that may occur as a result of following their advice.)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #7432 on: June 24, 2015, 12:40:46 PM »
Now you just need to crush some up, mix it into an energy drink and you will be in hyper productive mode.

(Koeshi accepts no liability for any negative consequences that may occur as a result of following their advice.)

Lol xD unfortunately I don't handle energy drink crashes well, so the uber-crash that would come from that might be a little too much for l'il ol' me xDDDD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #7433 on: June 24, 2015, 01:30:25 PM »
Oh. My. Lord.!!!!! I am an artist myself....losing art is just....did they at least make an effort to investigate??

The package is worth around 200 pounds. So yes rather expensive, everything was fine until it arrived in the UK and our favourite brits just failed at delivering the promised 'good service'. The package was from my parents and has home made stuff that can't be replaced. You see I haven't had issues with Royal Mail, but that DPD company is made out of degenerated baboons with rotten peanuts for brains. (I do apologise for the angry words, but I am quite livid! I have written a complaint! )

Holy crap! I can't believe how careless they were :/ You have every right to be pissed, no apologies needed. My brother went ahead and started researching about DPD, and turns out that they have plenty negative reviews.

And no, they didn't bother at all. I suspect that they hate they job so much that they channel much of it through a mask of indifference and carelessness. Their typical reaction when a person comes to pickup their lost/forgotten mail/package is having leg over leg, with no eye contact and lazily trudging through the see of parcels (the office is filled to the brim) . If you're unlucky then you would have to scour the whole country, checking each branch just to get your things (happened when I ordered a set of copics). Ok, now I'm ranting. Must stop.
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7434 on: June 24, 2015, 03:07:18 PM »
I'm moving to a hotel room later today, and I'm feeling more stressed out and guilty about it than I should. The hotel is actually overbooked some of the days, so I will probably have to move back to this here apartment once in a while... and maybe it would be more practical to just stay here all the time........ but I want to at least try living at the hotel. I mean the space is about the same, but it's cleaner, the desks are bigger, there's actual wifi (the free ethernet cable trial is only for four weeks, two of which have already come and gone, and the cable is woefully short), I would be able to sleep longer, etc, etc...
eck, such a first world problem. it'll be fine.

Is this the same hotel that you work in? Do you have to clean your own room since you're technically housekeeper yourself?

Silly Chizy, Cushy isn't a rat.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:08:59 PM by Fimbulvarg »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7435 on: June 24, 2015, 04:08:48 PM »
On another note. Who's had problems with with delivery services? Cos' right now I am ready to demolish DPD...
Eeehhhh, too many to count, the price war that has been going on for years led to a hire-and-fire situation like you wouldn't believe. The guy seeing that you're on the 3rd floor (with lift!), not ringing the doorbell even once, handing the package to whichever 1st floor neighbor getting another shipment and not even leaving a notice in your (ground floor) mailbox pretty much counts as standard service.

When things get worse than that, you get a 50% rate of return-to-sender, including one that went back saying that the entire street number doesn't exist. (The building hails from the 1970s, has the number in 1ft high print next to the entrance, and an extra sign right at the curb.) People in less populated places report finding packages marked "fragile" in the courtyard of their farm, right behind a locked 5m tall gate, when they weren't present for the delivery attempt.

Personally, place #1 of my blacklist goes to UPS. Back when I was at the university, we tried sending a hot-off-the-keyboards conference submission (strict deadline!!) to the U.S. through them, their promo material promising a 24h delivery. To cut a long story short, it became four days and of course they didn't do anything wrong, their terms and conditions said so, after all. Picture a ferroconcrete pillar twice as wide as the one on the current SSSS page right outside my office and me angrily hitting it with a barbell ... I guess the hole is still there today.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #7436 on: June 24, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
Argh, I'm trying to make a nice birthday cake for tomorrow and now it looks like everything has gone wrong.  >:( The top layer has broken into pieces, the chocolate icing has seeped through the cracks and is now melting the whipped cream underneath. Now I've stuffed the whole mess into the fridge, hoping it will stop leaking out somehow.  ::)

And huuu, don't get me started about problems with postal delivery...
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7437 on: June 24, 2015, 04:36:25 PM »
Argh, I'm trying to make a nice birthday cake for tomorrow and now it looks like everything has gone wrong.  >:( The top layer has broken into pieces, the chocolate icing has seeped through the cracks and is now melting the whipped cream underneath. Now I've stuffed the whole mess into the fridge, hoping it will stop leaking out somehow.  ::)

Why not rearrange the pieces, dollop custard and fruit all over everything, and declare it a chocolate trifle?  It'll still taste delicious.  (The Nigella Lawson approach.)  Or call it a Mississippi Mud Pie, for a hint of exoticism.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #7438 on: June 24, 2015, 04:50:42 PM »
The Mississippi Mud Pie sounds like a great idea.  ;D I'll see what I can save with some decoration on top of it.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7439 on: June 24, 2015, 05:08:50 PM »
The Mississippi Mud Pie sounds like a great idea.  ;D I'll see what I can save with some decoration on top of it.
In case you need some suggestions ... >:D

("Nightmare at La Brea Tar Pits" ahahahaaahaaaa!)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15