Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387721 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7410 on: June 23, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »
O___O nearly 500 pages of General Discussion.... It approaches...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7411 on: June 23, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »
I don't even like showing my parents my art. Also, if someone sneaks my sketchbook I will blow up at them. or just get really embarrassed and almost cry. I am selective of who I show my art to.

Same here :) Actually, this is the first community I've actually ever shared art stuff with. And no one gets to see my sketchbooks without my permission. No one.

O___O nearly 500 pages of General Discussion.... It approaches...

Come on team! We can do it! (Where's a picture of Mikkel dressed as a cheerleader when you need one?)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7412 on: June 23, 2015, 05:42:57 PM »
Come on team! We can do it! (Where's a picture of Mikkel dressed as a cheerleader when you need one?)

in doodleordie, drawn by lalligaattori
you'll know where to find me.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7413 on: June 23, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »

This pleases me.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7414 on: June 23, 2015, 06:09:04 PM »

Dood Leordie has it all really. I forgot about that site.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:06:30 PM by Fimbulvarg »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7415 on: June 23, 2015, 06:25:34 PM »
About to brave the Japanese subway at rush hour on a wednesday morning....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:37:16 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #7416 on: June 23, 2015, 06:29:53 PM »
About to brave the Japanese subway at rush hour on a tuesday morning....

You can get through! Good luck! :D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #7417 on: June 23, 2015, 08:08:55 PM »
:(

Does it help if I send you some cake? I made one yesterday.

thank would be good, COOKIEEEES!!

well, I am now a bit excited, on thursday I probably get an used wig, which I plan to use for Sigrun coisplay ;3; I just hope it will be good!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7418 on: June 24, 2015, 05:27:06 AM »
Japan update: I survived the subway :P

We went to Disneyland Tokyo, and it was really cool. I've been to the Disneys both in California and Florida, so it was interesting to compare them. There were a lot of differences, the one here has a lot more detail put into the design of the buildings and everything seemed a lot more elaborate. It was also a lot cleaner. There were some things of course that were exactly the same and it was a bit nice to see something familiar. We also met up with my cousins and my aunt who is from Japan, so she was able to translate for us and ask directions and order food and things, so it was a lot easier to get around. Overall it was a pretty fun day except for that I got sun poisoning because for some reason my skin has decided that sun + heat is not a thing it wants to put up with. :/

Tomorrow we are going into the heart of Tokyo to do some sight seeing and some shopping. I am very excited! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #7419 on: June 24, 2015, 05:44:06 AM »
I mean, I'm happy that people like it here so much, but there's much more to benefit and learn from, outside of here and in the real world.  This kinda goes back to the self discovery talk from last week with Red; I think the internet is one of the worst places to find out who you are.  Good for getting information, not good for puzzling that information out.
(At work, this response took me 5 hours to successfully type out, walking place to place :O)

But... but... the internet is my home :(

You know, this gives a totally new meaning to the concept of the "flaming sword" ... Can you imagine a sword being made of thermite, and when the battle goes badly, the wielder activates some primer and WHUUUMF the thing starts dripping white-hot metal on the foes?

Burns too quickly there would be nothing left to swing within seconds.  Plus it would melt the wielders hands.

I note that the guy in the video did leave the containers standing right next to the dishes ...

Well thats my point, even then the bottle didn't ignite.  You would pretty much have to drop the flame in.  (And even then it probably wouldn't burn much as the oxygen would run out really quickly.)

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #7420 on: June 24, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »
But... but... the internet is my home :(

Oh really?! Well the internet can make you dinner...give you cuddles and etc... :P No need for me

On another note. Who's had problems with with delivery services? Cos' right now I am ready to demolish DPD...1st they lost a package few months back, now they damage a second one, refuse to deliver at the requested time and have awful attitude...I have been dealing with their crap since Monday. So tempted to just blow up their office .....*angry cat noises*

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #7421 on: June 24, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »
@Chizu I feel you :( Our post office sucks as well. A friend of mine tried sending me some traditional art she drew for me for the past 4 years and our post office had lost it. I was fuming because of those beautiful memories associated with it are gone for good.
What was inside the package? I hope it wasn't anything expensive...
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #7422 on: June 24, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »
Oh really?! Well the internet can make you dinner...give you cuddles and etc... :P No need for me

Very funny, you know what I mean.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #7423 on: June 24, 2015, 10:07:32 AM »
@Chizu I feel you :( Our post office sucks as well. A friend of mine tried sending me some traditional art she drew for me for the past 4 years and our post office had lost it. I was fuming because of those beautiful memories associated with it are gone for good.
What was inside the package? I hope it wasn't anything expensive...

Oh. My. Lord.!!!!! I am an artist myself....losing art is just....did they at least make an effort to investigate??

The package is worth around 200 pounds. So yes rather expensive, everything was fine until it arrived in the UK and our favourite brits just failed at delivering the promised 'good service'. The package was from my parents and has home made stuff that can't be replaced. You see I haven't had issues with Royal Mail, but that DPD company is made out of degenerated baboons with rotten peanuts for brains. (I do apologise for the angry words, but I am quite livid! I have written a complaint! )

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7424 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:50 AM »
Japan update: I survived the subway :P

We went to Disneyland Tokyo, and it was really cool.
aaaaa that sounds really fun!! I wish to visit a disneyland one day........

I'm moving to a hotel room later today, and I'm feeling more stressed out and guilty about it than I should. The hotel is actually overbooked some of the days, so I will probably have to move back to this here apartment once in a while... and maybe it would be more practical to just stay here all the time........ but I want to at least try living at the hotel. I mean the space is about the same, but it's cleaner, the desks are bigger, there's actual wifi (the free ethernet cable trial is only for four weeks, two of which have already come and gone, and the cable is woefully short), I would be able to sleep longer, etc, etc...
eck, such a first world problem. it'll be fine.
you'll know where to find me.