Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387456 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7185 on: June 19, 2015, 09:58:10 PM »
I knew this reminded me of something! My mom has this book with pictures of babies in various scenes with flowers all dressed up in cute costumes aaaaaaaand:

Yep, Anne Geddes.  Cuteness raised to lethal levels.

I think it's a law that every mom in the English-speaking world must receive an Anne Geddes card, poster, book, coffee mug, etc., at some point in her life. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7186 on: June 19, 2015, 10:06:46 PM »
I knew this reminded me of something! My mom has this book with pictures of babies in various scenes with flowers all dressed up in cute costumes aaaaaaaand:

My mom has that book! My old pediatrician's office had lots of her photos on the wall, too.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7187 on: June 19, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »
I'm so glad I decided to check the forum before going to sleep. :'D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #7188 on: June 19, 2015, 10:38:10 PM »
My mom has that book! My old pediatrician's office had lots of her photos on the wall, too.
They also had giant framed prints in my local dentist's waiting room.... But I guess it was also the shared waiting room of a pediatrician's clinic, so it made sense X)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7189 on: June 20, 2015, 03:31:08 AM »
TWIN PEAKS!  The most beautifully creepy show of all time ever!  (Even if it is incredibly sexist, even for 25 years ago.)  AGENT COOPER AAAA!  (Just in case you thought dignified Auntie Sunflower didn't know how to properly fangirl.)

And did you know it's coming back?  David Lynch and all!  http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/david-lynch-returns-to-twin-peaks-revival-20150516

Twin Peaks, oh man I can't wait for the new episodes. This show traumatized me quite badly as a child, made worse by the fact that I grew up in a tiny village and our house was right beside a small forest. There were owls there.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7190 on: June 20, 2015, 04:23:44 AM »
*looks pages he missed*
*runs*
NOPE-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7191 on: June 20, 2015, 04:52:22 AM »
*x-files noise intensifies*

That looks like the plant equivalent of the eye of Sauron.
It sees all.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7192 on: June 20, 2015, 05:04:56 AM »
I love this discussion. Somehow my stupid accidentally-corner-kicking-a-bag-of-crisps turned into this madness in a matter of seconds and it's still going strong today...

It sees all.

...case in point.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7193 on: June 20, 2015, 05:08:05 AM »
It sees all.

And it does
It's the plant of Sauron
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7194 on: June 20, 2015, 05:08:16 AM »
I love this discussion. Somehow my stupid accidentally-corner-kicking-a-bag-of-crisps turned into this madness in a matter of seconds and it's still going strong today...

...case in point.
you have to admit sunflower IS kind of all-seeing, no? ok now I don't remember if Sauron's eye was supposed to be all-seeing or not but

also I'm kind of worried that you think the piece of information I have on you is somehow more embarassing than your admitting to kicking a bag of chips or being thrown out of a party because of messing with fireworks

apropos nothing, I hear the weather back home in Trondheim is... the coldest summer in 90 years or something. About 10C which IS unusual at this time, even in Norway. I'm just glad Prague isn't 30C anymore
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7195 on: June 20, 2015, 05:13:05 AM »
you have to admit sunflower IS kind of all-seeing, no? ok now I don't remember if Sauron's eye was supposed to be all-seeing or not but

also I'm kind of worried that you think the piece of information I have on you is somehow more embarassing than your admitting to kicking a bag of chips or being thrown out of a party because of messing with fireworks

True, true.

The difference is that one of those happened a loooong time ago and I've gotten over the worst embarrassment, the second one was accidental (as opposed to fully realizing that the idea would make me a total loser and going with it anyway ).

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7196 on: June 20, 2015, 05:15:52 AM »

See here you, if you're going to keep bringing it up you're going to have to spill it at some point you big tease.

In other news I've found the one single trdelnik stand in all of Poland. It's a bit different from what I'm used to. They're cheaper, bigger and come in more than one variety.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7197 on: June 20, 2015, 05:22:15 AM »
See here you, if you're going to keep bringing it up you're going to have to spill it at some point you big tease.

In other news I've found the one single trdelnik stand in all of Poland. It's a bit different from what I'm used to. They're cheaper, bigger and come in more than one variety.
I'M SORRY I'M THE ACTUAL WORST PERSON TO CONFIDE IN EVER because i'm always honest, unable to shut up, and the openest book in the universe probably. but I ALSO ALWAYS KEEP MY PROMISES- hang on did i ever promise to not tell anyone. laufey you never said it was a secret. you never said it was blackmail material. laaufeeyyy

CONGRATS ON THE TRDELNIKS
I hope I get to go to the celtic music festival in brno this year, they always have a trdelnik stand with LOTS OF DIFFERENT ONES like one with nuts and one with cocoa powder and and and trdelniks. love them
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7198 on: June 20, 2015, 05:33:29 AM »

Oh pff it'll not stay a secret for long that's for sure.
'Sides I've never seen anyone successfully tease you before so this is a novel experience. ;D

I'M SORRY I'M THE ACTUAL WORST PERSON TO CONFIDE IN EVER because i'm always honest, unable to shut up, and the openest book in the universe probably. but I ALSO ALWAYS KEEP MY PROMISES- hang on did i ever promise to not tell anyone. laufey you never said it was a secret. you never said it was blackmail material. laaufeeyyy

HAIZ I distinctly remember using the word secret a few times in all capslock (it's ok since you'll be drawing it anyway, not like it's an actual secret-secret :D )(in all honesty I'm not quite as embarrassed as I should be).

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7199 on: June 20, 2015, 05:42:15 AM »
'Sides I've never seen anyone successfully tease you before so this is a novel experience. ;D

That is not hard (but I'd not recommend it).

HAIZ I distinctly remember using the word secret a few times in all capslock

A secret from whom though.