Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387702 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6885 on: June 15, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »
Word to the wise: attempting to replace sleep with coffee is a bad idea. Using curdled creamer for said coffee is a doubly bad idea.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6886 on: June 15, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »
Haiz you get ALL the adult points

RandomTexanReader what are you talking about? Replacing sleep with coffee got me through highschool xD
Also I'd just like to note that in my head I call you Tex. just thought you should be aware.

I've found that I have nicknames in my head for a lot of people with usernames longer than Haiz's
Like ParanormalAndroid.
My head bounced from Android straight to the nickname Andy
Sometimes I can't help but face-palm at myself

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6887 on: June 15, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »
yesss I love finding random treasure. I have some hoarder tendencies and like picking up cool stuff from the ground sometimes. I also have a friend that collects lost/forgotten shopping lists, and if I find some I collect them to give to her later, it's really fun!
So far hotel cleaning has got me a few coins, a map of prague and flowers for the apartment!!
Spoiler: show

really pretty flowers, too!
(this is how I found them at the hotel)

I think the eggs in the coffee was the guests being too lazy to use the trashcan or something. I found it very funny because "egg"

also I just pulled myself together and
- washed the dishes (WOW SUCH RESPONSIBILITY there are hardly any dishes to wash in this place, so idk why I procrastinated this for as long as I did)
- took the trash out (which was really gross because I discovered too late there was no plastic bag in the trashcan........ i had to wash it because gross food fluids ugh ughgughgh)
- vacuum cleaned the floor (with an old vacuum cleaner that is held together by tape. at least it works)
- AND made food for myself at a Reasonable Time

it's so odd when you do things like this because YOU feel the need to do them and not because someone told you to o___o

.......how many adult points do I get

Yay for other found item collectors! :D Are those flowers real? Because they're really pretty.

I sometimes make things with found items
Spoiler: show

The paper squares the pictures are on is the back side of can labels from ration biscuit tins from a food ration box from an old life boat that my grandpa was restoring. They were put in in the 80s. We also found cans of ration milk in the box and it was thick and brown and really gross. The wire holding the buttons together I found in a classroom, and the buttons are miscellaneous buttons that I found/bought.

As for adult points I would say you get a lot. I am not sure if I am allowed to give them though, being a mere level 1 adult myself.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6888 on: June 15, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »

RandomTexanReader what are you talking about? Replacing sleep with coffee got me through highschool xD
Also I'd just like to note that in my head I call you Tex. just thought you should be aware.

I started drinking coffee at the age of 12 and at this point I'm pretty sure that at this point it's as vital to me as oxygen, haha. But three hours of sleep is not enough, and now the caffeine is causing me to ascend to a higher plane of existence while the creamer is curdling my stomach and I may or may not be experiencing auditory hallucinations.
Tex is a totally awesome name. I like it. Makes me feel powerful. Like this guy:
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6889 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »
Hmmm oh okay--thanks. I usually get the two mixed up, so I apologize if I end up doing that again :\

No need to apologize! You probably went into "protective fan mode" and that's totally acceptable. :P

also I just pulled myself together and
- washed the dishes (WOW SUCH RESPONSIBILITY there are hardly any dishes to wash in this place, so idk why I procrastinated this for as long as I did)
- took the trash out (which was really gross because I discovered too late there was no plastic bag in the trashcan........ i had to wash it because gross food fluids ugh ughgughgh)
- vacuum cleaned the floor (with an old vacuum cleaner that is held together by tape. at least it works)
- AND made food for myself at a Reasonable Time

it's so odd when you do things like this because YOU feel the need to do them and not because someone told you to o___o

.......how many adult points do I get

Infinity adult points just on the trashcan thing (BLEEERGH).

I started drinking coffee at the age of 12 and at this point I'm pretty sure that at this point it's as vital to me as oxygen, haha. But three hours of sleep is not enough, and now the caffeine is causing me to ascend to a higher plane of existence while the creamer is curdling my stomach and I may or may not be experiencing auditory hallucinations.

Do you... Do you need help o_o
(starts remembering Sectoboss' caffeine fanfic)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6890 on: June 15, 2015, 11:51:36 AM »
Word to the wise: attempting to replace sleep with coffee is a bad idea. Using curdled creamer for said coffee is a doubly bad idea.
are you... are you okay

I've found that I have nicknames in my head for a lot of people with usernames longer than Haiz's
which is practically everyone with a few exceptions then

Yay for other found item collectors! :D Are those flowers real? Because they're really pretty.
Yes! They're actual Real Quality Flowers O: O: O: they were in the other coffee cup (that wasn't full of eggs) that was filled with water to keep them alive. Guess it's hard to take flowers with you when you travel.

Also that is a super nice collection O: my hoard is home in Norway but it's nothing much. But when I worked as a volunteer at Torucon, one of my jobs was usually to go around and clean things, which involved picking things up from the ground. I found a lot of weird stuff, like a memory brick you put in phones, or an unopened carton of chocolate milk (that I got to drink because it's not like it could stay in lost-and-found all day).

also thank you for the adult points because I TOTALLY DESERVE THEM
you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6891 on: June 15, 2015, 11:54:03 AM »
Do you... Do you need help o_o
(starts remembering Sectoboss' caffeine fanfic)
No, I'll be fine, it's when I can't tell that the sounds aren't real that I need to start worrying. :p
(I have mentioned this to my doctor before and he says it's normal for some people when severely sleep-deprived, and prescribed more sleep. I'll go to bed early tonight and be back to 100% in the morning.)
John Steinbeck

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6892 on: June 15, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »

That's why I hate coffee XD
No really, I drinked a bit of coffee one day and I didn't liked it.
That's why I still drink chocolate milk. Also, same with Coke, Fanta and that stuff. I don't like the bubbles :c
And I might say that I drinked alcohol once by accident and get a stomachache(?)
My alcohol is pinneapple/grape juice. I get really strange when I drink it XD
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6893 on: June 15, 2015, 12:03:19 PM »
Like ParanormalAndroid.
My head bounced from Android straight to the nickname Andy
Sometimes I can't help but face-palm at myself
I get that a lot, no worries.
Never been called Andy before though. :D

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6894 on: June 15, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »
That's why I hate coffee XD
No really, I drinked a bit of coffee one day and I didn't liked it.
That's why I still drink chocolate milk. Also, same with Coke, Fanta and that stuff. I don't like the bubbles :c
And I might say that I drinked alcohol once by accident and get a stomachache(?)
My alcohol is pinneapple/grape juice. I get really strange when I drink it XD
Yeah, everyone's different. I'm a coffee/wine person, my dad's coffee/beer/whisky, and my mom's tea/margarita.
John Steinbeck

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6895 on: June 15, 2015, 12:08:38 PM »
I get that a lot, no worries.
Never been called Andy before though. :D

It does involve a lot of nickname options though. Like Paradroid, Pandroid, Pandro, Parroid etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, everyone's different. I'm a coffee/wine person, my dad's coffee/beer/whisky, and my mom's tea/margarita.

For me it's Water tribe.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:10:46 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6896 on: June 15, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »
hah, i stay away from coffee and alcohol altogether because 1) i'm super scared of becoming addicted and 2) they don't even taste good? everyone's all "oh, but you'll LEARN to like the taste!" but why the heck would i want to learn to like something i don't want to spend money on ever

i do drink enormous amounts of tea, though.
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6897 on: June 15, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
I'm addicted to chocolate milk. I don't like coffee, I hate alcohol.
I'm an adult addicted to chocolate milk, and my whole family picks on me because of it.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6898 on: June 15, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »
hah, i stay away from coffee and alcohol altogether because 1) i'm super scared of becoming addicted and 2) they don't even taste good? everyone's all "oh, but you'll LEARN to like the taste!" but why the heck would i want to learn to like something i don't want to spend money on ever

i do drink enormous amounts of tea, though.

Yay for tea drinkers!!! *high five*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6899 on: June 15, 2015, 12:16:12 PM »
I'm totally addicted to coffee like Tex--my sister calls me a koala. I'm a total witch without my eucalyptus xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~