Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424820 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6900 on: June 15, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
I'm totally addicted to coffee like Tex--my sister calls me a koala. I'm a total witch without my eucalyptus xD

"koalalou: Origins"
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6901 on: June 15, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »
I'm an adult addicted to chocolate milk, and my whole family picks on me because of it.
what, has anyone ever said chocolate milk isn't for adults? that's ridiculous. you sound like a perfectly reasonable adult to me.
I have the skill to make people laugh by reminding them I can legally buy alcohol or cigarettes in the store. because haha haiz being old enough to do that is utterly ridiculous -hang on you're 20 i forgot
you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6902 on: June 15, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »
hah, i stay away from coffee and alcohol altogether because 1) i'm super scared of becoming addicted and 2) they don't even taste good? everyone's all "oh, but you'll LEARN to like the taste!" but why the heck would i want to learn to like something i don't want to spend money on ever

i do drink enormous amounts of tea, though.
I completely understand. Why learn to like something you don't need or want?
I've always liked the taste though? I'll drink coffee black, I just put creamer in to keep it from scalding my mouth. And I've never been bothered by the taste of alcohol.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6903 on: June 15, 2015, 12:22:27 PM »
hah, i stay away from coffee and alcohol altogether because 1) i'm super scared of becoming addicted and 2) they don't even taste good? everyone's all "oh, but you'll LEARN to like the taste!" but why the heck would i want to learn to like something i don't want to spend money on ever

i do drink enormous amounts of tea, though.
Some persons are still surprised I don't drink coffee or alcohol. (So few alcohol it doesn't count : I might be able to drink a drop in special occasions, like wedding or ceremony. But the ones I meet for the first time often say the "you'll learn to like", but not, thanks, I dislike that.)
Some others persons had understood it's better to prepare a tea pot ;D And maybe I drink too much tea sometimes.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6904 on: June 15, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »
I completely understand. Why learn to like something you don't need or want?
I've always liked the taste though? I'll drink coffee black, I just put creamer in to keep it from scalding my mouth. And I've never been bothered by the taste of alcohol.
yeah, I'm being perfectly reasonable and I'm surrounded by people whose minds are BLOWN by the fact that I don't want to drink?? yeah okay sure. nevermind that alcohol in norway is expensive as heck, too.......

i mean people don't need to justify what they like and don't like? when i say i don't like tomatoes people find it perfectly acceptable and I don't need a tragic backstory about how my aunt broke her leg by tripping over a tomato plant or whatever
you'll know where to find me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6905 on: June 15, 2015, 12:25:06 PM »
Some persons are still surprised I don't drink coffee or alcohol. (So few alcohol it doesn't count : I might be able to drink a drop in special occasions, like wedding or ceremony. But the ones I meet for the first time often say the "you'll learn to like", but not, thanks, I dislike that.)
Some others persons had understood it's better to prepare a tea pot ;D And maybe I drink too much tea sometimes.
There is no such thing as too much tea.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Mélusine

« Reply #6906 on: June 15, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »
There is no such thing as too much tea.

Too much tea like "How many tea pot (1 or 1,5 litre) have we made and drunk in two hours ? Four, five ? And we're only two ? Mmmh. Maybe we should wait a little before having an other..." ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6907 on: June 15, 2015, 12:31:12 PM »
It does involve a lot of nickname options though. Like Paradroid, Pandroid, Pandro, Parroid etc. etc. etc.
Eich's already developed a habit of linking Para (my IRC name) with other words, so:
Para_Chute, Para_Sect, Para_Noid, etc etc.
(I've yet to find a suffix that works with Eich, though)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6908 on: June 15, 2015, 12:32:07 PM »
Eich's already developed a habit of linking Para (my IRC name) with other words, so:
Para_Chute, Para_Sect, Para_Noid, etc etc.
To be perfectly honest, I just think of you as "Marvin".
John Steinbeck

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6909 on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »
what, has anyone ever said chocolate milk isn't for adults? that's ridiculous. you sound like a perfectly reasonable adult to me.
I have the skill to make people laugh by reminding them I can legally buy alcohol or cigarettes in the store. because haha haiz being old enough to do that is utterly ridiculous -hang on you're 20 i forgot

I know, right? Adults must have their right to drink chocolate milk when they want, this is a free country.
But, just like you, my face doesn't help my cause. I definitely don't look like a 23 year old person. Having a baby face and liking chocolate milk makes things a little difficult when you are trying to convince other people that no, you are not a child anymore.

To be perfectly honest, I just think of you as "Marvin".

I think the perfect nickname for ParanormalAndroid has been chosen.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #6910 on: June 15, 2015, 12:42:11 PM »
My friend made me watch the first episode of "Sherlock", much binge watching later....I'm all caught up  :(
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6911 on: June 15, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »

Eich-em-ess, Eich-bee-oh, Eich-Pi, Eich-Di-teevee, Eich-em-vee etc.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6912 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
My friend made me watch the first episode of "Sherlock", much binge watching later....I'm all caught up  :(

SHERLOCK <3 <3 most best tv show ever!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6913 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:50 PM »
I like almost everything - coffee's awesome, tea's great, wine and beer - brilliant. The only things I don't like are really sweet drinks of any sort. Btw I much agree on that trying to learn to like the taste of alcohol is entirely pointless. Why would you. You like it if you like it, if you don't then you don't, it's not like anyone needs to drink it.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #6914 on: June 15, 2015, 12:46:18 PM »

SHERLOCK <3 <3 most best tv show ever!

HELLO FELLOW SHERLOCKIANS