Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387658 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6555 on: June 08, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »
Yay congratz on citizenship Ana! *throws ð and þ shaped confetti*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6556 on: June 08, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
Yay congratz on citizenship Ana! *throws ð and þ shaped confetti*

Aww, thank you.  ;D *Is picking confetti out of her hair*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #6557 on: June 08, 2015, 03:40:22 PM »
Huzzah, Ana! Congrats! :D

And it seems like there's interest... so the question is, does this go in the Language section, or the General Discussion section?
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6558 on: June 08, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »

And it seems like there's interest... so the question is, does this go in the Language section, or the General Discussion section?

I would say language, it seems to fit best there (but I am also not a forum expert).
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #6559 on: June 08, 2015, 03:44:02 PM »

The Language Section, I would guess. After all, it will be a language then, if only fictional.

And congratulations, Ana!
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6560 on: June 08, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »
I'm giving myself some extra adult points for finally calling my uncle so he can fix a doctor's appointment for me..... I mean that's like, a 2-in-1 adult event, both a phone call to awkwardly talk to a family member AND making an appointment sorta. I still have that awful awful cough I had several weeks ago, and i DID go to a norwegian doctor, but two weeks were not long enough to get results from a blood test apparently õ___õ at least both my uncle and my honorary aunt are authorized to prescribe me antibiotics should its need be proven, so it's efficiency all around in these parts

As for ongoing conversation, congrats Ana! and I think language board sounds good for the proposed thread
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #6561 on: June 08, 2015, 03:47:42 PM »
Maybe do you want to start a thread in the Languages board?
Thought about that, but wasn't sure if that would be the right place? Or if it would be good for me to start a new thread without asking first *still has no idea what forum etiquette on the matter is*

Yup, the Languages board is the place.  With all the talented, multi-lingual people we have here, I'm sure you'll find plenty of conlang co-creators.  (Are you familiar with Mark Rosenfelder's Language Construction Kit?  http://www.zompist.com/kit.html)

As far as starting new threads, we ask that people check first to make sure there isn't already a similar thread (or to be good sports if it turns out there is and one of your friendly neighborhood Admins asks you to merge it).  Beyond that, no need to ask permission to start a thread.

Good luck!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #6562 on: June 08, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »
Fighting racists is exhausting. I'm not sure how people do it 24/7.

Also, people need to learn to express their hatred with something other than "jump off a cliff you fkng b!tch". Seriously, if you get creative maybe you will get 10 minutes of my worth-much-more-than-you time.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6563 on: June 08, 2015, 08:04:08 PM »
Fighting racists is exhausting. I'm not sure how people do it 24/7.

Also, people need to learn to express their hatred with something other than "jump off a cliff you f---- b---". Seriously, if you get creative maybe you will get 10 minutes of my worth-much-more-than-you time.
yikes, you sound pretty worked up there O vO;;
you're making me want to brew some chamomile tea, and I'm not even the one with the shattered zen

you k?

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #6564 on: June 08, 2015, 08:07:39 PM »
yikes, you sound pretty worked up there O vO;;
you're making me want to brew some chamomile tea, and I'm not even the one with the shattered zen

you k?

I'm fine, just really angry. And I try very hard to have the higher moral ground, even though I don't act like it, so I told the guy I was screwing off, and if they wanted to continue, they could truly scream into the void.

Icon drawn by Piney

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6565 on: June 08, 2015, 08:09:21 PM »
I'm fine, just really angry. And I try very hard to have the higher moral ground, even though I don't act like it, so I told the guy I was screwing off, and if they wanted to continue, they could truly scream into the void.
Racists are the worst, but stubborn, idiotic racists? Even worse.
If you want to vent about it, feel free to send me a PM, I'm always up for a good rant.
Ignore 'em, anyway, they're not worth your time.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #6566 on: June 08, 2015, 08:14:01 PM »
They just told me to delete the post. I can't even draw noses consistently, what are they so afraid of? An angry 13 year girl? The fact that they have no power?

Heck no, the post is staying up. I haven't been taken down by my classmates, and I'm not going to be taken down by a 19-year old. I'm not going to be taken down by a racist, ever.

Racists are the worst, but stubborn, idiotic racists? Even worse.
If you want to vent about it, feel free to send me a PM, I'm always up for a good rant.
Ignore 'em, anyway, they're not worth your time.

rants, yes. rants are good.

Icon drawn by Piney

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6567 on: June 08, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »

//patpat// just take some deep breaths and try to remind yourself that there's just no arguing with stupid people sometimes. In those cases it's best to try not to let them get you worked up like that (I know it's hard, I have no patience for people like that either) and honestly if they started swearing at you then they probably lost the argument. At least, that's what my mom always taught me. "The first person to swear is the first person to lose their cool. You can't win an argument with anyone if you lose your head over it--you just look kinda stupid.'
My mom helped me win a lot of arguments back in highschool.

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6568 on: June 08, 2015, 08:26:49 PM »
This is kinda random, but it's raining really loudly here and the weather is just being really strange and we just got a tornado warning which is kinda scary because we don't usually get those but then we did and um how accurate are those?

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #6569 on: June 08, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
I've gotten a tornado warning before and I live in New Jersey.

Depends on where you live.

Icon drawn by Piney