Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410134 times)

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6540 on: June 08, 2015, 12:47:21 PM »
Yeah that Monkey Island cover was chillingly good

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6541 on: June 08, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
Guys I don't know if I'm going to cut my hair and dye it or not-
I want to do it because I want to see myself with short hair plus blue hair in the end of it
But Also I'm afraid of do it
What I can do dang it!-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6542 on: June 08, 2015, 01:59:42 PM »
Lenny: I wish you a safe and good journey!!!

Owl: I have nothing to offer but an internet hug ://

Emil: weheeeyyyy

Adrai: I didn't even realize there was another thing, but I wouldn't have recognized that soundtrack anyway. Glad your day was made!

Red Cloud: well, from my experience, changes to hair are anything but permanent. Hair grows back, dye washes out or can be dyed over..... If you wanna do it, do it.

I don't really have anything fun to say about my day today, it was mostly the same as friday - I helped out with room inspections. Except this time I was given a Cloth to clean dust and stuff with. Wheee

AND i was brave enough to ask for food in the kitchens to take with me home! and I got spaghetti for lunch so like. I got my pasta. not even garbage pasta.

edit: the only cutting board in the entire apartment is very small and shaped like a squirrel. at least the oven works
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:11:00 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6543 on: June 08, 2015, 02:19:26 PM »
read as "trying to rip curtains away from the window and climb out of it while screaming and crying"... Because it keeps waking everyone else up- especially mum who shares my room, and she needs sleep the most -__-
Can't say that I have a real solution to offer, but did you try sleeping somewhere else in the house, just to keep your subconscious busy with "wait, this isn't my usual bed, where am I?" Maybe someplace with noticeably different noises (snoring, if need be)?

Other than that, ground floor and having the curtains removed beforehand seem sensible ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #6544 on: June 08, 2015, 02:35:27 PM »
Hey, sooo... I wasn't sure where to ask this, but how much interest would there be in helping me crowdsource a language? Now that sounds odd, and time-consuming, and hard, but... let me explain you a thing. It's easier than you'd think.

A while back, a friend of mine came online on Steam. In the spirit of friendship, I sent him a gobbledygook message. He responded in kind. We continued to banter back and forth with nonsense for a good 30 minutes, when we suddenly came to the realization that we were communicating. Without entirely meaning to, we fell into patterns of word choice and sentence structure that made sense! Of course, the conversation was odd, and there were irregularities, but we had created the basis for a language entirely unlike English in a matter of minutes.

So I'm curious - I need to create quite a few languages for my universe, and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in participating, using a similar method. I dunno, just thought it could be fun.

Anyways, may you all have days to the level of your expectations, and beyond!
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6545 on: June 08, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
Haiz I would like to see such a cutting board O vO
The only ones I've ever seen are rectangular. A squirrel-shaped cutting board actually sounds kinda fun.

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6546 on: June 08, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »
Apropos of nothing, do you ever find a song that you just FEEL on a fundamental level?
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6547 on: June 08, 2015, 02:40:07 PM »
Hey, sooo... I wasn't sure where to ask this, but how much interest would there be in helping me crowdsource a language? Now that sounds odd, and time-consuming, and hard, but... let me explain you a thing. It's easier than you'd think.

A while back, a friend of mine came online on Steam. In the spirit of friendship, I sent him a gobbledygook message. He responded in kind. We continued to banter back and forth with nonsense for a good 30 minutes, when we suddenly came to the realization that we were communicating. Without entirely meaning to, we fell into patterns of word choice and sentence structure that made sense! Of course, the conversation was odd, and there were irregularities, but we had created the basis for a language entirely unlike English in a matter of minutes.

So I'm curious - I need to create quite a few languages for my universe, and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in participating, using a similar method. I dunno, just thought it could be fun.

Anyways, may you all have days to the level of your expectations, and beyond!

Maybe do you want to start a thread in the Languages board?
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #6548 on: June 08, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »
Maybe do you want to start a thread in the Languages board?

Thought about that, but wasn't sure if that would be the right place? Or if it would be good for me to start a new thread without asking first *still has no idea what forum etiquette on the matter is*
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6549 on: June 08, 2015, 02:47:21 PM »
Haiz I would like to see such a cutting board O vO
The only ones I've ever seen are rectangular. A squirrel-shaped cutting board actually sounds kinda fun.

at least I think it's a squirrel?? kinda looks like those squirrel cookies piney makes, but like... wooden....
you'll know where to find me.

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6550 on: June 08, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »

at least I think it's a squirrel?? kinda looks like those squirrel cookies piney makes, but like... wooden....
...ooooo~ o 3o
I'm pretty sure it's a squirrel too lol
I mean, if you rotated it a certain way it might look like an oozing blob ghost...but it seems rather unlikely that that's what was in mind when this board was made xD
Still, that's super neat! Though like I said, I've never seen a cutting board any shape other than a rectangle, so I'm probably biased xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6551 on: June 08, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »
Thought about that, but wasn't sure if that would be the right place? Or if it would be good for me to start a new thread without asking first *still has no idea what forum etiquette on the matter is*

Definetly make a thread! I have a friend who created a language, and it was really realy interesting.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6552 on: June 08, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »
...ooooo~ o 3o
I'm pretty sure it's a squirrel too lol
I mean, if you rotated it a certain way it might look like an oozing blob ghost...but it seems rather unlikely that that's what was in mind when this board was made xD
Still, that's super neat! Though like I said, I've never seen a cutting board any shape other than a rectangle, so I'm probably biased xD
Spoiler:  SPOOKY STUFF HERE • show

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6553 on: June 08, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »
Spoiler:  SPOOKY STUFF HERE • show

You read my mind xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6554 on: June 08, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »

Yesyesyesyesyes please start this thread! I don't know what the etiquette on new threads is, but I want this too badly for it not to happen! I will totally help with language creation! And I may have prior experience with that sort of thing. ;)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!