Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410737 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »
I really want to know about the Swedish pirate incident. And the Italian hobo incident. And one of the dad-must-stop incidents. And mostly about the Italian Navy and pirates incident...

Almost forgot about this one, but okay. Story time, the tale of the Italian hobo. As I promised the actual story is a lot lamer than its title.

This happened ... 2002-ish. We were staying at a shabby hotel in a town in Liguria for a night. Me, my sibling and my dad went out the back of the hotel looking for amusement, and found ourselves on a backyard terrace. My dad decided to look for a football in a lone shed on this terrace. The shed was small, had no door and no windows. As soon as my dad had walked into the shed he reversed out of it, and in the shed's doorway appeared the titular hobo: a big, incredibly hairy man who was also naked and totally unashamed of the fact. He stod there in the doorway, hands on hips, staring into our souls with an intense glare. After an awkward pause we silently decided to withdraw hastily and to refrain from exploring the hotel further.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:57:00 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2014, 04:37:49 PM »

On another theme though: I had the weirdest dream last night while you folks were all chatting away in your daytime :P
A whole bunch of Minions were all meeting up at an airport because the rash was about and we were all going to some village, and Minna was in a bunker so she could continue ssss (lol) and Nimphy was a bundle of incredible cuteness with a huge lipgloss collection (?), and ThisCat and Fimbulvarg were super sleek and business savvy and Rollo was all mysterious and then it got weird because Eich had grown a Törbjorn beard- in fact, he WAS Törbjorn, "I'm an uncle now, and Törbjorn's and uncle, so I should look more like him!" And everyone was like "Ummmmm well then...ok" and then we had to make a radio to try contacting Minna and ask if she could end the Rash because for some reason ssss had started to come to life and and and IT WAS JUST REALLY BIZARRE?!
So my lesson to learn was: expect weird dreams about the last thing you read when sleep deprived...

Me? Lipgloss?! Oh, no, definitely no. I hate makeup and anything that vaguely resembles it. But awww, I was in your dream! And I was cute! Wait, define "cute"? Minna in a bunker and Eich with a Torbjörn beard... Why don't I dream of these things instead of horribly messed-up dungeon crawls?!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2014, 04:41:19 PM »
Why don't I dream of these things instead of horribly messed-up dungeon crawls?!

Dungeon crawls? As in Dungeons and Dragons or as in actual crawling in actual dungeons?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2014, 04:44:47 PM »
Almost forgot about this one, but okay. Story time, the tale of the Italian hobo. As I promised the actual story is a lot lamer than its title.

This happened ... 2002-ish. We were staying at a shabby hotel in a town in Liguria for a night. Me, my sibling and my dad went out the back of the hotel looking for amusement, and found ourselves on a backyard terrace. My dad decided to look for a football in a lone shed on this terrace. The shed was small, had no door and no windows. As soon as my dad had walked into the shed he reversed out of it, and in the shed's doorway appeared the titular hobo: a big, incredibly hairy man who was also naked and totally unashamed of the fact. He stod there in the doorway, hands on hips, staring into our souls with an intense glare. After an awkward pause we silently decided to withdraw hastily and not explore the hotel further.

OH MY GOD. That's hilarious! And scary! And pffffffft! Hehehehe! X'D that's the best! Oh my...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2014, 04:49:17 PM »
Me? Lipgloss?! Oh, no, definitely no. I hate makeup and anything that vaguely resembles it. But awww, I was in your dream! And I was cute! Wait, define "cute"? Minna in a bunker and Eich with a Torbjörn beard... Why don't I dream of these things instead of horribly messed-up dungeon crawls?!
I'm the same Nimphy, I don't even like putting sun block on my face because it just feels yucky :P

Hehe I just remember that you opened up your suitcase and it was packed full of little lip glosses in cute containers, and everyone was like "How can we build a radio out of this?!?" O__O

Dungeon crawls? D8

Nimphy

« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »
Dungeon crawls? As in Dungeons and Dragons or as in actual crawling in actual dungeons?

More like D&D crawls, I suppose. I've never actually played D&D (I REALLY want to, but I don't know anyone who would like to try with me, and I seriously doubt I could run a game by myself), but I've read lots of comics based on it, so yeah. THAT kind of dungeon crawls. Traps and monsters and some kind of treasure or mission. But mostly traps and monsters. (If you know what's good, never wish for my dreams to become true...)

Almost forgot about this one, but okay. Story time, the tale of the Italian hobo. As I promised the actual story is a lot lamer than its title. This happened ... 2002-ish. We were staying at a shabby hotel in a town in Liguria for a night. Me, my sibling and my dad went out the back of the hotel looking for amusement, and found ourselves on a backyard terrace. My dad decided to look for a football in a lone shed on this terrace. The shed was small, had no door and no windows. As soon as my dad had walked into the shed he reversed out of it, and in the shed's doorway appeared the titular hobo: a big, incredibly hairy man who was also naked and totally unashamed of the fact. He stod there in the doorway, hands on hips, staring into our souls with an intense glare. After an awkward pause we silently decided to withdraw hastily and not explore the hotel further.

XD That's hilarious!!

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
More like D&D crawls, I suppose. I've never actually played D&D (I REALLY want to, but I don't know anyone who would like to try with me, and I seriously doubt I could run a game by myself), but I've read lots of comics based on it, so yeah. THAT kind of dungeon crawls. Traps and monsters and some kind of treasure or mission. But mostly traps and monsters. (If you know what's good, never wish for my dreams to become true...)

Ah. I've played a bit of Dungeons and Dragons, mostly because a friend of mine is an ardent "Dungeon Master", so whenever I visit I'll join as a guest appearance in one of his ongoing games. It's been years since last time though, so I'm kind of missing it.

Not the biggest fantasy genre fan though. What I really want to try is Star Wars D20.

Nimphy

« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
Ah. I've played a bit of Dungeons and Dragons, mostly because a friend of mine is an ardent "Dungeon Master", so whenever I visit I'll join as a guest appearance in one of his ongoing games. It's been years since last time though, so I'm kind of missing it.

Not the biggest fantasy genre fan though. What I really want to try is Star Wars D20.

What I want to try is generally any tabletop game, but D&D is currently top of the list. Too bad none of the list will happen soon - the guys I know are more into Clash of Clans and Assassin's Creed and stuff (and they would never play with a girl) and the girls I know would never dare do something THAT geeky! Being a geeky girl in the age where everyone is rebellious and "cool" really sucks.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »
What I want to try is generally any tabletop game, but D&D is currently top of the list. Too bad none of the list will happen soon - the guys I know are more into Clash of Clans and Assassin's Creed and stuff (and they would never play with a girl) and the girls I know would never dare do something THAT geeky! Being a geeky girl in the age where everyone is rebellious and "cool" really sucks.

Well if you do find a tabletop-society I'd recommend "Betrayal at House on the Hill". It's like a story driven horror board game with elements of RPG. Also Shadows over Camelot, which is based on Arthurian legend.

Hehe I just remember that you opened up your suitcase and it was packed full of little lip glosses in cute containers, and everyone was like "How can we build a radio out of this?!?" O__O

I'll solve this particular problem just like I solved your Cat-with-drinking-bowl problem - Pour a gallon of gasoline all over the makeup, ignite. Not sure who you're trying to contact but I hope they can read smoke signals.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »
Well, a change of topic was requested, but I gotta ask ...
JoB the most scary thing about modern farming are the instruments used for getting boars semen.
... if there's something beyond pheromones that's used on pig but not other livestock (or even zoo animals, if endangered species), I haven't heard of it ... ?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »

Ditto that. I've been really wanting to try D&D/ Pathfinder/ Dungeon World/ any tabletop rpg, but most people I know aren't really interested, and I don't see the people who are very often. Plus the fact that I also would probably not be very good at running a game, which rules out trying to get my siblings to play.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
Well if you do find a tabletop-society I'd recommend "Betrayal at House on the Hill". It's like a story driven horror board game with elements of RPG. Also Shadows over Camelot, which is based on Arthurian legend.

I'll solve this particular problem just like I solved your Cat-with-drinking-bowl problem - Pour a gallon of gasoline all over the makeup, ignite. Not sure who you're trying to contact but I hope they can read smoke signals.

Those games sound really interesting! OuO

... We were trying to contact a Swedish bunker...from Australia, so I don't think the smoke would work XP hehehe

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
Literally every guy I know who plays those games would give up their toes to play with a girl XD  That said, they are very, very desperate people.  Not the kind most young women want to be around.  I totally get being the only geek in town.  My graduating class had 96 kids, and all of them were athletes, book worms, or regular folks.  I learned how to blend in with the regular people, but nobody except the one super cool guy (who was into everything and very good at all of it) shared any interests with me.
I've only been in Fimbulvarg's situation, playing on the side here and there.  It's interesting, not my ideal afternoon, but it's interesting.  I'd rather have someone I could build in Little Big Planet with, or just go and watch a movie or something.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2014, 10:13:58 PM »
I've only been in Fimbulvarg's situation, playing on the side here and there.  It's interesting, not my ideal afternoon, but it's interesting.  I'd rather have someone I could build in Little Big Planet with, or just go and watch a movie or something.

Sounds interesting to play! But movies might win this round :P it's currently raining here= the perfect movie weather! But all the films look blah u__u

Random question? How much do movie tickets and DVD's cost for everybody?
Because here the cinema is kinda pricey, even with the student discount :(

Adult= $17 (AUS)
Student= $15
Child (Nimphy would be classed as a child :P)= $13
And that's just 2D with no snacks :/ 3D tickets are usually $20+ PLUS paying for glasses unless you bring your own.

Are these expensive? Or am I just being a stingy Törbjorn? XD

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »
Sounds interesting to play! But movies might win this round :P it's currently raining here= the perfect movie weather! But all the films look blah u__u

Random question? How much do movie tickets and DVD's cost for everybody?
Because here the cinema is kinda pricey, even with the student discount :(

Adult= $17 (AUS)
Student= $15
Child (Nimphy would be classed as a child :P)= $13
And that's just 2D with no snacks :/ 3D tickets are usually $20+ PLUS paying for glasses unless you bring your own.

Are these expensive? Or am I just being a stingy Törbjorn? XD
What sounds interesting, Little Big Planet? 

That sounds about like what we have here, but in USD. Keep the numbers the same, but change the currency.  Personally, I prefer 2D over 3D.  It's expensive and I have to wear glasses over my real glasses, which is no fun.
Feel free to PM.