Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387746 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5430 on: May 19, 2015, 05:28:14 PM »
Yay for intercultural training!  ;D I think you will find sparrings-partners here regardlass where you will end up...
I wish you luck that all goes as you wish! On what does it depend where your semester will be?
Well, it depends on the availability of study abroad programs.  I've already decided that I don't care if I take my usual engineering classes, I'll probably take music classes anyway.  If there aren't any spots in Netherlands, then I'll definitely be going to Germany, because there are lots of places to study there that my school has connections with. 
Feel free to PM.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #5431 on: May 19, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
Well, it depends on the availability of study abroad programs.  I've already decided that I don't care if I take my usual engineering classes, I'll probably take music classes anyway.  If there aren't any spots in Netherlands, then I'll definitely be going to Germany, because there are lots of places to study there that my school has connections with.

Ah, then I'll cross my fingers that the right program is available. :)
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #5432 on: May 19, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »
Woo!

...I will attempt to send virtual help, but I don't think that'll actually help you with any of the work you have to do.

The sentiment is appreciated. *cries*

Hug a Wombat for me! (or just see a Wombat, that is fine to)

I won't actually do that, because it would be rude in the extreme to hug a wild wombat, and domesticated ones are quite a drive a way from where I live. But, I have, not just petted, but even held and carried a wombat before. They are EXTREMELY HEAVY and only part of them is cuddly, because they have this plate in their backside which makes for a wonderful tool for squishing things, but lacks in the cuddly department. Also, their fur is wiry rather than soft.

*disillusioning wombat lovers everywhere*

But they do usually have a lovely disposition. Unlike certain goats and wallabies.

And Lenny, best of luck with not only moving and schoolwork, but finding a new home for your umlauts!

Thank you! Oh, the umlauts will be happy. The Netherlands accepts them quite happily. Australia seems to be unique. Oh. DeviantART. DeviantART also hates accents. U.S., you also fail.

Yaaaay, Lenny and Piney! 
Len, hope the work goes well and quickly.  Drink plenty of chocolate milk and tea, and you can handle it!  \o/

If I do not turn up in two weeks time, I've overdosed on chocolate milk.

I second this!! Congratulations and good luck for both of you! :)

Thank you :)

I still say, if umlauts were good enough for the Queen, they should be good enough for 'Stralia!

Unfortunately Australia doesn't think so.  ::) I, however, agree with you 110%. I would very much like to have NO DISCREPANCY between passports, thank you very much. Unfortunately that seems to be an impossible task.

Piney, good luck! And congratulations!

Haiz, also congratulations! Adult emails are my bane in life. Especially Dutch adult emails, which are my equivalent of your Czech ones  :'( (had to write so many of them over the past year and ... *sigh* But proud! I didn't make any Very Bad Mistakes!)

Eich ... keep us updated :D *is excited for possible meetup*
Am notified of private messages via email.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5433 on: May 19, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
I'll definitely be going to Germany, because there are lots of places to study there that my school has connections with.

No wonder, the Germans take engineering very seriously. Or so the stereotype goes at least.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5434 on: May 19, 2015, 06:10:16 PM »
*accidentally forgets that I hadn't clicked 'post' on this earlier*
Good luck Piney! Knock 'em... okay, maybe don't knock them dead, but, y'know, do thee well.
Yay! I will repeat Adrai's sage advice to not actually knock them dead, but I'm sure you'll do fine. Wishing you the best!

Piney, good luck! And congratulations!

Thanks guys! ^-^

Yaaaay, Lenny and Piney! 
Len, hope the work goes well and quickly.  Drink plenty of chocolate milk and tea, and you can handle it!  \o/

Piney, any details on the work?  Or is it super secret and not for talking about?  Either way, congrats on landing the position!

It's at a gallery/framing studio that's like 5 minutes from my house. It's not actually a position; the owner of the gallery knows me because I was in her Brownie (pre-Girl Scouts) troop in 2nd grade. I just emailed her asking if I could help out as a volunteer, and... yeah.

Even if you're gone for a few hours, it's okay because you can store up stories to tell when you return.

Stories... hm... well, I did witness the heavens suddenly opening up to pour torrential rain. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5435 on: May 19, 2015, 06:51:20 PM »
So I overheard someone at school say that the POUTS had made a twitter, and I decide to go check it out. Things lead to things, and now I'm searching though the Democrat twitter account

I'm so embarrassed
Are they trying to start a fight
Are they

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #5436 on: May 19, 2015, 07:53:11 PM »
So I overheard someone at school say that the POUTS had made a twitter, and I decide to go check it out. Things lead to things, and now I'm searching though the Democrat twitter account

I'm so embarrassed

Are they

POUTS -- do you mean POTUS, i.e. Obama?  He does have one, quite popular in fact.

Of course they are.   :P
Welcome to social media, padawan. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #5437 on: May 19, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »
POUTS -- do you mean POTUS, i.e. Obama?  He does have one, quite popular in fact.

Yessss I meant the president guy.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5438 on: May 20, 2015, 04:55:39 AM »
Piney: working/helping out at at a gallery/framing studio sounds really exciting O:

thanks for all your gratulations on my writing an Adult Letter, I made a pretty big deal out of writing "thank you for making contact, I apologize for not having a czech keyboard", hah

today does not bode very well. It's raining, electricity just went out, everything in the house is making annoying beeping noises to alert me of the fact, and internet will soon go, too... on the day my essay writing exam will go live. I hope electricity won't be gone for too long, and if it is.... remember meeeeeee
you'll know where to find me.

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #5439 on: May 20, 2015, 05:22:21 AM »
Random thing I just noticed: we have the same number of pages in the general discussion thread as we have degrees in a circle (360°).

Also, I hope your exam turns out well, Haiz. Even though won't be able to see this until later hahaha.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5440 on: May 20, 2015, 06:04:15 AM »
today does not bode very well. It's raining

What, and here we were led to believe you actually liked rain :p

Random thing I just noticed: we have the same number of pages in the general discussion thread as we have degrees in a circle (360°).

The thread has come full circle since the days of burnt garlic.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #5441 on: May 20, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »
today does not bode very well. It's raining, electricity just went out, everything in the house is making annoying beeping noises to alert me of the fact, and internet will soon go, too... on the day my essay writing exam will go live. I hope electricity won't be gone for too long, and if it is.... remember meeeeeee

This kills the Haiz

Divra

« Reply #5442 on: May 20, 2015, 07:16:37 AM »
If I do not turn up in two weeks time, I've overdosed on chocolate milk.

What a way to go...

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #5443 on: May 20, 2015, 07:39:14 AM »
What a way to go...

"It's the way they would have wanted it..."
Am notified of private messages via email.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5444 on: May 20, 2015, 07:40:53 AM »
Lenny: main thing is that you went down fighting. TO VALHALLA!

More cosplay whine:

Here I thought sewing pleather by machine was annoying... well well well. Turns out sewing it by hand is even worse, especially when you have to make lots of small details and attach them one by one. Gluing is sadly not an option because no glue that I have will hold two pieces of pleather together and let's just say these trousers are already so, uh, well-ventilated by design that I'm not going to risk any kind of a wardrobe malfunction.

My fingers hurt, I'm only halfway and I'm not so sure I can make it this time. Please avenge me.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: