Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410797 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5070 on: May 09, 2015, 07:04:03 AM »
my mom once woke me up at 4AM to watch the northern lights. They're pretty weak around these parts

This is some weird mum thing. Mine once dragged me up in the middle of the night at our summer cottage in Finland and by the excitement I thought the house was at least on fire or something, but no. She wanted to show me some glow worms.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #5071 on: May 09, 2015, 01:57:28 PM »
Oh, sun's gone? Time to throw the summer stuff into the storage, dig out the glögi recipes and heavier sweaters and remember to not leave anything edible outdoors for even a minute because our winter resident raven will get it. I once turned my back to a trash bag and when I next saw it it was halfway across the front yard and accelerating.

Ohh, a resident raven! I can't help but remember the aRTD's ravens. Are all ravens that annoying? :P
We have some parrots as neighbors, they are quite noisy and funny to watch. We live in a 7th floor apartment, so we get to see a lot of birds, and I love that. One day a small falcon entered my parents' bathroom and it was really amusing.

I seem to be kinda sensitive to the different temperature changes and have a different coats for every situation, like Super Warm Fluffy Coat for -10 and below, Kinda Thick Coat for -10 to -3, Coat for 0 to... 5, i guess, then it's various jackets and sweaters upwards to 15, and if it gets warmer than 23c it's too warm and I'm probably going to die

Don't come to Brazil or you will die. Our summer is like an open oven, and 23ºC is considered a blessing.
I live at the southernmost state in the country, so we get cold winters, and by cold I mean 0ºC. I can't imagine how I would react being in a country where the temperature goes beyond -10º C.

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5072 on: May 09, 2015, 02:02:22 PM »
Don't come to Brazil or you will die. Our summer is like an open oven, and 23ºC is considered a blessing.
I live at the southernmost state in the country, so we get cold winters, and by cold I mean 0ºC. I can't imagine how I would react being in a country where the temperature goes beyond -10º C.
hhhh yeah there are a great many places I would die, with my tolerance... I mean. I can take it, but there was an exceptionally warm summer in czech two years ago (about 40 c, goDS) and every five minutes I put my head in the sink to soak my hair. I was at a summer camp and had to use a moist towel as a blanket to fall asleep at all. and at that very same summer camp there was a game that involved us spending over 8 hours outside to solve a labyrinth quiz hunt........ long story short i barely survived
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5073 on: May 09, 2015, 02:04:27 PM »

I imagine you'd be fine. If you're freezing, wear more layers. When it's too warm for even shirts and shorts you're sort of out of options though. It's not like you can shed skin or whatever. It's not without reason I usually have a cold when returning from continental vacations (from excessive air-conditioner worship).

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5074 on: May 09, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »
Ohh, a resident raven! I can't help but remember the aRTD's ravens. Are all ravens that annoying? :P

Ravens are awesome! They're also somewhat territorial and this one and its spouse return to our neighbourhood every autumn. People feed ravens here because they're good luck, but I'd rather this one would keep to the food offered and not tear open any trash bags...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5075 on: May 09, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »
Welp, I live in a new place now.  I thought I was going to room with 2 other people, but I'm actually with 4.  *Sweats nervously*
They're all extroverts. 

I may not be able to handle this for very long. 
Feel free to PM.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5076 on: May 09, 2015, 05:09:13 PM »
Welp, I live in a new place now.  I thought I was going to room with 2 other people, but I'm actually with 4.  *Sweats nervously*
They're all extroverts. 

oh nooo

the first idea that came to my mind was that you should build a private blanket fort.......
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5077 on: May 09, 2015, 05:26:32 PM »
They're all extroverts. 

Oh... oh dear. I offer my sympathies.
And here I just found out that I'll be living in a single dorm next year (read: with nobody). A 6x8' dorm, but I'll at least have my privacy. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #5078 on: May 09, 2015, 05:27:17 PM »
They're all extroverts. 

You have all my compassion. I live with 2 other people since january, they have some opposite way of life and I sometimes ask myself how long I could stay here.

oh nooo

the first idea that came to my mind was that you should build a private blanket fort.......
Good idea, indeed.
The most important when you live with others people is to have your own space, to my mind. I hope you have yours, Eich, and that the others understand and respect it.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5079 on: May 09, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »
oh nooo

I like this idea.
YEET

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #5080 on: May 09, 2015, 05:49:35 PM »
They're all extroverts. 

Eek, Eich, that's awful! Here's wishing you the best of luck, despite my lack of advice - I've always found myself surrounded by introverts, myself...

Which reminds me, I hate how much the world seems to pander to extroverts and count that as "the norm". Stop it, world. It just seems like there are far more extroverts because they're outspoken.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:16:28 PM by Adrai Thell »
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Divra

« Reply #5081 on: May 09, 2015, 06:07:52 PM »
Eek, Eich, that's awful! Here's wishing you the best of luck, despite my lack of advice - I've always found myself surrounded by introverts, myself...

Which reminds me, I hat how much the world seems to pander to extroverts and count that as "the norm". Stop it, world. It just seems like there are far more extroverts because they're outspoken.

Firm but gentle is the key. "I don't want to communicate right now. It doesn't mean I hate you, and I'm sure you're a lovely person, but right now, in order to stay sane, I need you to shut up and/or go away."

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5082 on: May 09, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »
Firm but gentle is the key. "I don't want to communicate right now. It doesn't mean I hate you, and I'm sure you're a lovely person, but right now, in order to stay sane, I need you to shut up and/or go away."

Well, yeah, I suppose people should and would take that hint. Might want to soften up the last part though, people generally don't like to be ordered to shut up/go away.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5083 on: May 09, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »
oh nooo

I haven't set up my bed yet...  *looks at blankets*

Oh... oh dear. I offer my sympathies.
And here I just found out that I'll be living in a single dorm next year (read: with nobody). A 6x8' dorm, but I'll at least have my privacy. :P
I lived alone for a semester, and I hated it.  I didn't know anyone on campus, and I had no roommate to be forced to interact with, and I actually... got lonely?  I didn't think it could happen, but it did. 
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5084 on: May 09, 2015, 08:01:32 PM »
I lived alone for a semester, and I hated it.  I didn't know anyone on campus, and I had no roommate to be forced to interact with, and I actually... got lonely?  I didn't think it could happen, but it did.

I actually requested a double and I know it would be better for me to have a roommate, but I can't be picky. I got lonely this year even with one.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: