Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387582 times)

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4680 on: April 24, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
Hello! So I'm at the cultural festival for youth thing, and <snip>

I'm now waiting for that video thing :)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4681 on: April 24, 2015, 10:15:27 PM »
Went down to the town's ANZAC Day thingie (parade? ceremony? wreath-laying? I don't know) for the 100th anniversary. Saw some scary townsfolk o__o and one little girl's horse just didn't want to stand still XP which was cute. The weather was cloudy and wet, but didn't start raining until just after the ceremony had ended, which was lucky!
So, it was nice, but still sad.

I will also try to link to my performance that is tomorrow (they're filming everything)
Ohoo! Neato!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:01:11 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

BreezeLouise

« Reply #4682 on: April 25, 2015, 02:21:49 AM »
I'm doing unexpectedly well and having unexpectedly much fun!!!!

Awesome!~ I'm really glad to hear that everyone's being respectful and nice, and that you're having a good time. And like other people said, I would love to see the video, even if I can't understand it.

I've never heard of Anzac Day. What's it like?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:26:09 AM by BreezeLouise »
Life is a state of mind.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #4683 on: April 25, 2015, 04:14:22 AM »
My art class' exhibition is opening today! Yay! (Actually it's not just my class but all the art classes in Bergen Kulturskole, which is an actual school except you go there for after-school activities? It's name literally translates to Bergen Culture School)

I'm really excited about this for several reasons. First of all, since I go to TWO classes in Bergen Kulturskole I get to show works from both classes, and as such am kind of over-respresented in the exhibition. Secondly, I helped set up the exhibition, so it'll be really cool to see it "in action". And thirdly, the space we're using for the exhibition is incredibly pretty. It's full of tall windows looking out on the sea, and the room itself is really big with a very tall roof and yeah just incredibly pretty.

The only thing I'm not so happy about is that my art group is supposed to do a performance (as in performance art), and I don't really agree with how my group has planned it :/

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4684 on: April 25, 2015, 04:22:17 AM »
My art class' exhibition is opening today! Yay! (Actually it's not just my class but all the art classes in Bergen Kulturskole, which is an actual school except you go there for after-school activities? It's name literally translates to Bergen Culture School)

I'm really excited about this for several reasons. First of all, since I go to TWO classes in Bergen Kulturskole I get to show works from both classes, and as such am kind of over-respresented in the exhibition. Secondly, I helped set up the exhibition, so it'll be really cool to see it "in action". And thirdly, the space we're using for the exhibition is incredibly pretty. It's full of tall windows looking out on the sea, and the room itself is really big with a very tall roof and yeah just incredibly pretty.

The only thing I'm not so happy about is that my art group is supposed to do a performance (as in performance art), and I don't really agree with how my group has planned it :/
Oh wow! That sounds amazing! Well done getting that all done! O_O
Heh, performance art can be fun....but that performance art sounds.... like it could be fun a) if the group cooperates with you, or b) you let loose and YOLO the thing, not caring. <-- which would be really hard since this thing is sorta like your idea baby :3

Good luck nonetheless! O:-) <-- i don't know what this emoticon means...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4685 on: April 25, 2015, 04:25:19 AM »
Sigrid Marie: whooooo congrats! Many photos from the exhibition or at least your art yes/maybe/no? As for the performance part you've got all my sympathies, but at least you'll never have to do it again once today's over right?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #4686 on: April 25, 2015, 05:23:38 AM »
I've never heard of Anzac Day. What's it like?

ANZAC stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps and the campaign in Gallipoli that started the holiday (the Allied forces landed on 25/4/1915) pretty much became the birth of the nations of New Zealand, Australia and Turkey. Therefore big celebration in Australia and New Zealand with dawn services and everything. Turkey probably has an independence day or something. The symbol for this holiday is a red poppy.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4687 on: April 25, 2015, 05:34:36 AM »
Oh wow! That sounds amazing! Well done getting that all done! O_O
Heh, performance art can be fun....but that performance art sounds.... like it could be fun a) if the group cooperates with you, or b) you let loose and YOLO the thing, not caring. <-- which would be really hard since this thing is sorta like your idea baby :3

Good luck nonetheless! O:-) <-- i don't know what this emoticon means...

Thank you! The thing with this performance is that I think we should have done the whole thing differently, cause I'm pretty sure people won't get it. And if no one gets it it'll just look weird :/ Buuuut this is a group project, and everyone agreed to do it like this so I'll just have to accept it

Sigrid Marie: whooooo congrats! Many photos from the exhibition or at least your art yes/maybe/no? As for the performance part you've got all my sympathies, but at least you'll never have to do it again once today's over right?

Photos will be taken, of course ;3 And yes, the performance is only today, but after that there will be a recording of the performance being shown at all times in the exhibition. Well, at least I won't be there to be embarrassed about it

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4688 on: April 25, 2015, 10:57:26 AM »
Photos will be taken, of course ;3 And yes, the performance is only today, but after that there will be a recording of the performance being shown at all times in the exhibition. Well, at least I won't be there to be embarrassed about it

Owww. :D I had to video myself just today for an introduction thingy and watching myself on it is 100% painful, so have more of my sympathies.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4689 on: April 25, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »
Owww. :D I had to video myself just today for an introduction thingy and watching myself on it is 100% painful, so have more of my sympathies.

SPEAKING OF
the video of my poem performance is up
(the interview still isn't up, we have to write the article for it still)

http://tv.ukm.no/fylke/sor-trondelag/2015/6713-Helen-Olaussen/

I think I did pretty well but I couldn't watch this without flinching. Now you can all witness my awkwardness in live action
(im also planning to read the ssss-y poem I wrote for open stage tonight. I think)

also cheering for Sigrid Marie!!!! u can do the thing!!!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:51:03 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #4690 on: April 25, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »
Feeeeeeeegh. Today was the submission date of my design class's branding project. The top student had been up until 4am battling with her logo and broke down crying, everyone had stayed up past 2am last night- I spent all night hand painting my stationary, sobbing whilst quietly humming kpop, and threatening my home printer (it's broken/unpredictable/very poop) and then I finished painting in the car this morning, and glued everything together in the car park X___X
So I ran down to the art school and my feet felt like they were going to snap off, and I walk into the design lounge/class.... Only 7 people showed up.
The teacher was not one of those seven.
She had texted another teacher to come in and tell us that she was away, and that the project would be DUE TOMORROW.  One guy was like "Well...I'm going to the pub." And left XD most people have now gone home to take naps.

AGHGHGHGHGG. So I used the lesson to paint another letterhead page thing :I too bad I'd left the extra ready-to-paint print outs at HOME O__o so I guess I'll just do that at home, and then smuggle them into my portfolio tomorrow morning. Yeah. Hmmm.
And now I have to draw a PINECONE for tomorrow's drawing class, and somehow read an entire novel for English ;___; I left the novel at hoooooome I guess I'll google a summary...

[/School Complaints]

Oooooh is there a breakfast discussion? :D

I prefer savory breakfasts, like buttered toast with tomato, avocado, salt and pepper, and basil or dill depending if I put salami or fish on top. If there's salami or fish. Also balsamic vinegar.
But that's like, the perfect holiday breakfast. On a school day I don't get to have breakfast, and usually have lunch as breakfast, or if I'm at the art school I'll buy a hot chocolate and a chocolate bar for breakfast because the hot foods are still frozen that early in the morning ;m;
^ so healthy.
This was almost exactly what happened to me earlier this week, except it's only me. xD And no running around, just sitting there silently sobbing in my mind on how it's due tomorrow, and then the teacher's not there. Same with home works, too. At least you did it.

(And I'm starting to reply to everything later/late otz)

I'll just test the characters for another language here: *안녕* *사랑* Auleliel in the chat said it lets Japanese characters. :D (And then I thought Korean might work too)

I haven't been on here often enough, maybe I should work faster.... Hmmm...
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4691 on: April 25, 2015, 11:59:18 AM »

SPEAKING OF

I think I did pretty well but I couldn't watch this without flinching. Now you can all witness my awkwardness in live action
(im also planning to read the ssss-y poem I wrote for open stage tonight. I think)

Very awesome! The first thing I noticed was how steady and strong your voice was, you sounded really confident.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

P__

« Reply #4692 on: April 25, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »
What DancingRanger said :)
sadly I can't understand any of that
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4693 on: April 25, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »

SPEAKING OF

OH WOW

YOUR POEMS ARE SO AMAZING

I was literally just... sitting there in awe. For the entire thing. And your performance was super impressive as well, you sounded so confident and strong. Just. Wow.

Quote from: Haiz

I did the thing!!! It was very uncomfortable but it was over in a minute or two so

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4694 on: April 25, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »

SPEAKING OF

You've got a great reciting voice! Clear and strong, now if I could only understand the poem... I mean I can catch bits here and there but for the most part... no. Also why am I not even surprised you would have written an SSSS-y one...  ;D