Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387548 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4665 on: April 23, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »
Reminds me of when I sat on my paint rag. Everyone laughed cause I got the silly oil paint all over my clothes. But I still prefer oil over acrylic, even though I've worked with acrylic more.

Getting paint all over my pants is a weekly affair for me :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4666 on: April 23, 2015, 02:02:45 PM »
Getting paint all over my pants is a weekly affair for me :P
Yeah, for me it had been almost daily.  I loved it though. I need to get my paints out again and have a bit of fun.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #4667 on: April 23, 2015, 09:29:24 PM »
Ugh nothing is working today.
Discus won't log me in, when it tries my phone crashes. Pictures won't upload. When I switch windows the Forum reloads and deletes the post I was writing, or logs me out. And I left my laptop at home because I'm dumb and in all my wallowing in self pity this morning I forgot it.
I feel tired and off and washed-out, also cold, and I feel torn between sleeping in the library, crying, finishing this drawing of Reynir, or telling the group of people down the end to hush up 'cause they're in a library not a cafe.
Let's see if I can upload pictures now... I've forgotten what I was actually going to write about them XP
Blegh phone picture No.1:

I don't even remember what the second one was.. Huh. Oh well
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

BreezeLouise

« Reply #4668 on: April 23, 2015, 09:53:25 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope you start feeling better soon. Is it just one of those days, or did something happen in particular?

That is a really pretty picture, though. I used to vacation at a place that looked a lot like that, it brings back nice memories. Personally, I think the cloud cover makes it look nicer, too.
Life is a state of mind.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4669 on: April 23, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »
Awww I'm sorry Owl! Days like that are never really fun. That's a pretty picture, though!

Also entirely random note, the little cake that appears next to your age on your birthday is too cute, what the heck, so adorable. I wasn't sure where to post this but I love it what a nice little touch
YEET

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #4670 on: April 23, 2015, 10:54:28 PM »
I just thought of a funny scene, and couldnt find the scriptorium. so, here it is.

Onni, Tuuri and Lalli, several years ago, Lalli in scout training.

O: Okay Lalli. The first rule of the Silent World is if you see a troll, stand still, stay silent. It might go away. Now, pretend I am a troll, what do you do? *makes troll noises*
T: *Giggle*
O: *glares*
L: stands still, stays silent.

L: Now what?
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4671 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:30 PM »
Also entirely random note, the little cake that appears next to your age on your birthday is too cute, what the heck, so adorable. I wasn't sure where to post this but I love it what a nice little touch
Awwww! That IS a cute cake!! :3
Only one slice though >_>

I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope you start feeling better soon. Is it just one of those days, or did something happen in particular?
EGH. I guess it is.
Things happen, and I decide to worry about them later, and then some days all those laters show up at once :I
But anywho.
Maybe some cheap canteen junk food will cheer me up.

Edit: took me seven tries to post this time :P ahahhhhh
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4672 on: April 23, 2015, 11:21:33 PM »

Oh my gosh it is, I didn't even know that was a thing. :)

(Oh and I drew you a birthday sketch and tried to post it to tumblr but I think tumblr mobile might've eaten that post so if it doesn't show up, happy birthday)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

BreezeLouise

« Reply #4673 on: April 24, 2015, 12:20:21 AM »
Oh, happy birthday, Curry!
Life is a state of mind.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4674 on: April 24, 2015, 04:27:06 PM »
Hello! So I'm at the cultural festival for youth thing, and there is indeed wifi here!! but I'll be hecka busy (and my phone won't load the art in the museum threads >:c) so you won't hear from me much - you'll get an almost haiz free weekend vacation. This update is a testament to how addicted I am to this forum, ahahahah

I mean this time is kiiind of the first time I am Openly and Decidedly Agender to a "wide audience", like, I've decided to actually tell and correct people for once, and I wrote about it earlier and many of you seemed to, uh, cheer me on? Not sure how much you actually wanna hear about how it goes but it's kind of an exciting experience for me so I'm gonna tell you anyway hahahaha

first of all I not-exactly-on-purpose befriended the other trans kid from trondheim really quick, he hadn't even realized I was non-binary until we were telling some other kid about the two classrooms our group is sleeping in.

kid: so are girls sleeping in one room, and boys in the other?
Me: thankfully not, I'd have to sleep in the hallway
friend: what?
Me: *points at shirt*
friend: oh
friend: OH
friend: THAT IS SO COOL

So yeah that was pretty encouraging actually?? Because not only am I Accepted but I have Friends hahahaha

also some of the adults in our group are like. Guardian Lesbians and they're gonna tell the jury about not calling me a girl and are otherwise asking if I need anything and just wow? All this support and understanding?? EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT

aaandddd related to the actual culture festival, I kind of agreed to be a journalist or something? In any case I just interviewed an Actual Musician with a unicorn puppet. They're gonna release the video on the internet tomorrow

So I hope you guys are doing well because I'm doing unexpectedly well and having unexpectedly much fun!!!!
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4675 on: April 24, 2015, 04:32:34 PM »
Some of the adults in our group are like. Guardian Lesbians

E he, so like the Sacred Band of Thebes except with lesbians rather than male homosexual couples.

Good thing you're having a great time!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4676 on: April 24, 2015, 04:53:15 PM »
So I hope you guys are doing well because I'm doing unexpectedly well and having unexpectedly much fun!!!!
It seems to be a good beginning for a good week-end for you :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4677 on: April 24, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
Haiz: that sounds awesome! Any chance you would give us a link to the interview when it's up?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4678 on: April 24, 2015, 05:11:08 PM »
Haiz: that sounds awesome! Any chance you would give us a link to the interview when it's up?

I'm definitely planning to!! I will also try to link to my performance that is tomorrow (they're filming everything)
everything will be in norwegian though, but you're probably expecting that

I haven't heard about the sacred band of thebes before but it sounds pretty awesome. I'm all for warrior lesbians
you'll know where to find me.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4679 on: April 24, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »

I'm definitely planning to!! I will also try to link to my performance that is tomorrow (they're filming everything)
everything will be in norwegian though, but you're probably expecting that

I haven't heard about the sacred band of thebes before but it sounds pretty awesome. I'm all for warrior lesbians

Awesome! It'll still be cool, even if I can't understand. (As long as there is feeling, my mind will attempt to fill the blanks)
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: