Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387542 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4350 on: April 13, 2015, 11:12:13 PM »
Most best seats! If not...cold...
Also they allow you to use garden gnome camouflage when people you know but don't want to talk to walk by ;)
Yes. I used to sit under tallish bushes at my old college. I felt like I was sitting in the woods.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #4351 on: April 14, 2015, 02:13:10 AM »
I was up at a place with a ton of rocks, next to the ocean. I like rocks, they are almost best seats. Anyway, there was a turtle in the water, and it swam into a cave that was right under us. It swam back and forth a few times, in and out, untill another turtle came up and swam into the cave. Then the first turtle went in the cave. Turtle buddies!
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4352 on: April 14, 2015, 07:09:16 AM »
You know you live in Iceland when the mere possibility of the sky orb showing itself tomorrow actually makes the news... that's not even the weather forecast page.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #4353 on: April 14, 2015, 08:51:29 AM »
Laufrey, are you trying to discourage us from visiting? I don't think it's gonna work
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #4354 on: April 14, 2015, 09:08:28 AM »
I guess I could try reading earlier on in this thread to have my question answered withouth bothering you, but I've been around on different forums for long enough to have learned that one topic may last for one or two pages, or it could last for ETERNITYYYY and I'm lazy so I'm just going to ask you:

What are you guys talking about? The sun being very present in Iceland? Can I join?

Also, hi! *manic waving* I'm new, though I've been a lurker the past ten(?) days or so. This is kind of new to me, as the forums I've been on have mostly been rp-forums. So I'm not used to fangirling just for the fangirling-part. And uh, well, I don't even know why I'm telling you guys this I just want people to know I'm friendly and my intentions are pure and I don't just want to lurk anymore.
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4355 on: April 14, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »
Laufrey, are you trying to discourage us from visiting? I don't think it's gonna work

Oooooh nooooooo please visit Iceland! All of you! Bring the sun with you whenever possible! Because when it gets cloudy here it can be cloudy all the way to the ground:

What are you guys talking about? The sun being very present in Iceland? Can I join?

In this thread? Weather's always a good topic. Changes every five minutes, unless it's a storm in which case it started sometime in November and hasn't quite blown over yet.  :-\

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #4356 on: April 14, 2015, 09:22:14 AM »
Oooooh nooooooo please visit Iceland! All of you! Bring the sun with you whenever possible! Because when it gets cloudy here it can be cloudy all the way to the ground:

Bah, in Wales that is considered a bright day.  I wouldn't be surprised to see people on the beach.

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #4357 on: April 14, 2015, 09:26:19 AM »
(...)

In this thread? Weather's always a good topic. Changes every five minutes, unless it's a storm in which case it started sometime in November and hasn't quite blown over yet.  :-\

Ah, well, if it's any consolation, I feel the weather is pretty shifty where I'm at right now (which is in the western part of Norway). Also, I have never been to Iceland but have always wanted, a dream coming through this summer because EEEEE my father is bringing the whole family to celebrate his 60th birthday! I have this theory that my father, if he wasn't so darn norwegian, would probably move to Iceland if he had to move away from Norway.

OK I lost my point WHICH WAS I feel you blergh weather changing its mind every five minutes D:

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4358 on: April 14, 2015, 09:46:08 AM »
I have this theory that my father, if he wasn't so darn norwegian, would probably move to Iceland if he had to move away from Norway.

Did you... did you just sum up the whole original settlement of Iceland in one sentence?

Koeshi: I once thought I knew about horrible and unpredictable weather and then I visited Shrewsbury... and that's not even Wales yet. I give, you win this one.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #4359 on: April 14, 2015, 09:54:28 AM »
Yeah Shropshire pretty much sucks for most of the year.  Not sure why you chose to visit there of all the places in this country you could have gone to.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4360 on: April 14, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »
Yeah Shropshire pretty much sucks for most of the year.  Not sure why you chose to visit there of all the places in this country you could have gone to.

Bluebell forests and friends, there's no better combination after a year of Birmingham.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4361 on: April 14, 2015, 10:07:10 AM »
Did you... did you just sum up the whole original settlement of Iceland in one sentence?

Nah, that would mean the person was a criminal/dissident *waggles eyebrows*.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4362 on: April 14, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »

That's really neat looking. We don't get things like that unless you're up in the mountains. But we do get terrible fog which is like being in a cloud (if that counts?).
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #4363 on: April 14, 2015, 10:11:23 AM »

(...)

Um sort of I guess idk? I was just.. trying to compliment Iceland as best I could, as I have not yet been there and therefore have nothing to compliment on other than ICELANDIC LANGUAGE I WISH I COULD SPEAK YOU! (I know, like, one song in Icelandic, and I'm not sure my pronunciation is good or even OK..)

So, since I know my father loves Iceland, I had to compliment Iceland through "MY FATHER LOVES U I GUESS I WILL TOO!"

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4364 on: April 14, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »

I like cloudy days, snow and fog. I think I'm not born in the right country.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: