Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387440 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4335 on: April 13, 2015, 04:33:46 AM »
i thought the sky orb's presence yesterday meant we had a good change going on here, but no, I woke up to snOW? Lauufeeeyyyyyyyyyyy take your weather back where it came from or so help me

Oh no, I'm very truly sorry about that, no wait actually...

*points*
*laughs*

YOU CAN KEEP IT
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4336 on: April 13, 2015, 05:55:25 AM »
Oh no, I'm very truly sorry about that, no wait actually...

*points*
*laughs*

YOU CAN KEEP IT

*arrives at uni slightly damp and miserable after having to brave wind, snow and hail to get to the bus stop* WELL THEN
THIS BODES FOR A GOOD DAY

I should ask my czech friend if he wants the snow, he always complains about not having snow
you'll know where to find me.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #4337 on: April 13, 2015, 10:15:48 AM »
And now it is snowing here as well.
Well then.

At least it's not rain.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4338 on: April 13, 2015, 11:03:51 AM »
I wish it was colder here. Right now it's 80°F (26°C) and it's so humid out help

Florida kills me okay don't move here
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4339 on: April 13, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »
It's time to make more iced tea.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4340 on: April 13, 2015, 12:26:39 PM »
I wish it was colder here. Right now it's 80°F (26°C) and it's so humid out help

Florida kills me okay don't move here
you have my sympathies.  South Carolina isn't even as bad as Florida for humidity.
Last week was just miserable.  we hit 30 C for a few days there, at ~65-70% humidity.  But now it's all rainy and cloudy and amazing!  :D  Oh, right, uh... *sends out psychic sympathy waves*
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #4341 on: April 13, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »
you have my sympathies.  South Carolina isn't even as bad as Florida for humidity.
Last week was just miserable.  we hit 30 C for a few days there, at ~65-70% humidity.  But now it's all rainy and cloudy and amazing!  :D  Oh, right, uh... *sends out psychic sympathy waves*

and I freeze at 15 degrees XD (though I would dislike 30 degrees as much as you seem to do)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4342 on: April 13, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »
and I freeze at 15 degrees XD (though I would dislike 30 degrees as much as you seem to do)
Heh, I seem to do fine in cold weather, actually, especially for a southerner.  I tried to force myself to get used to the cold last year at uni, and it seems to have worked.  Now I can withstand even the deadly, deadly 10 degrees with nothing but a light jacket.  Hurrah!
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #4343 on: April 13, 2015, 02:15:24 PM »
Heh, I seem to do fine in cold weather, actually, especially for a southerner.  I tried to force myself to get used to the cold last year at uni, and it seems to have worked.  Now I can withstand even the deadly, deadly 10 degrees with nothing but a light jacket.  Hurrah!

If I told people now that I used to be able to swim under Irish conditions (water at 18 degrees or less, strong wind blowing but never mind it is above 10 degrees after all so get into that water, the sun might never shine again!), none would believe me anymore XD.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #4344 on: April 13, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »
I live in Seattle so we don't get super cold. Wich is sad.
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4345 on: April 13, 2015, 08:12:15 PM »
Eww. It's nasty hot here, with high humidity.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4346 on: April 13, 2015, 10:16:02 PM »
I have silent lunch tomorrow, because I kicked a kid in the leg (more like toed him really hard, the big baby), but I'm not all that sad, because I'll be forced to work on my story.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4347 on: April 13, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
It's currently 14°C and I think I'm dying, despite only wearing the usual one top layer. Help.
Today I had drawing class and we had to bring in an interesting object, and what did Owl bring? Owl brought a flip-flopping PINECONE that's what. ;-; I thought we were doing abstract work this week, and that an abstract pine cone would be fun. But nooooo were doing REALISM. R E A L I S M. I died. My wrist died. My eyes died. Ded. But it was still fun. :3

Also, the minute I stepped out of the art school I saw so many weird people. Pointing cameras everywhere, and staring deep into the water (I was very tempted to nudge them in). One man was wearing a strange holiday story and smoking a large cigar, and one lady called the art school a jam shop. O___o so I turned around, and there it was, the answer to my question: the MS Oosterdam. XD hehe

There was something else I was going to mention but I can't remember what it was OmO
Oh well~

EDIT: oh my gosh is it "smooch on all the park benches and lawns and seats/ let's stand in the middle of the footpath and consume each other's faces day" at main campus??? Creepy. And inconvenient because there is nowhere to sit and eat/study for next lesson. :(

EDIT: I have claimed a rock as my seat. Huzzah!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:52:34 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4348 on: April 13, 2015, 11:01:24 PM »
It's currently 14°C and I think I'm dying, despite only wearing the usual one top layer. Help.
Today I had drawing class and we had to bring in an interesting object, and what did Owl bring? Owl brought a flip-flopping PINECONE that's what. ;-; I thought we were doing abstract work this week, and that an abstract pine cone would be fun. But nooooo were doing REALISM. R E A L I S M. I died. My wrist died. My eyes died. Ded. But it was still fun. :3

Also, the minute I stepped out of the art school I saw so many weird people. Pointing cameras everywhere, and staring deep into the water (I was very tempted to nudge them in). One man was wearing a strange holiday story and smoking a large cigar, and one lady called the art school a jam shop. O___o so I turned around, and there it was, the answer to my question: the MS Oosterdam. XD hehe

There was something else I was going to mention but I can't remember what it was OmO
Oh well~

EDIT: oh my gosh is it "smooch on all the park benches and lawns and seats/ let's stand in the middle of the footpath and consume each other's faces day" at main campus??? Creepy. And inconvenient because there is nowhere to sit and eat/study for next lesson. :(

EDIT: I have claimed a rock as my seat. Huzzah!

Rocks are the best seats. Yes. I greatly approve. (Stamp of approval)
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #4349 on: April 13, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »
Rocks are the best seats. Yes. I greatly approve. (Stamp of approval)
Most best seats! If not...cold...
Also they allow you to use garden gnome camouflage when people you know but don't want to talk to walk by ;)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: