Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387665 times)

Aprillen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Grade D Human
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4260 on: April 08, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »
well this is a fiend one, pretty funny as well and has some odd words

Macavity's a Mystery Cat: he's called the Hidden Paw—
<snip>
It's T.S. Eliot, right?
Native language: :se: Fluent in: :gb: Can fake it in: :no:  :dk: Very badly: :fr: :es:

Chapter break survivor:
:artd:

:book1+:
:book2:
:book3:
:book4:
:A2chap01:

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #4261 on: April 08, 2015, 07:16:04 PM »
You would be correct!

Ann Marie

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • hiss hiss meow
« Reply #4262 on: April 09, 2015, 01:45:00 AM »
I got my new passport!  But my new driver's license is still MIA.  So now I can go all kinds of places, just... not by driving.

Annnnnnd even more exciting, I got the Ville postcards I ordered right after I pounced on one of the last available aRTD books!  They are beauuuuuutiful!  Though there was a note on the envelope saying they'd been delivered to the wrong address a week ago.   The book itself, like my driver's license, has not made an appearance.  I'm now worried it was delivered to the wrong address along with the postcards and was, er, appropriated by whoever received it. 

On the topic of weather, we were well into summer, then yesterday winter made a freak reappearance.  Spring is interesting.
native:  :usa:
learning:  :finland: :germany:
dabbling, exactly like a duck:  :sweden:

taking the long road to comic comprehension

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4263 on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i will probably regret dragging my hoard of gloomy worries onto a nice public forum
but
I'm kinda on a downward spiral into feeling like i'm a useless human being that will never adapt to society because the thought of getting a job or knowing how to drive terrifies me but I know I have to do these things, i'm starting to think maybe i'm not really cut out for university but i have no idea what else i'd rather do, i feel like all my skills are useless for being a Productive Member of Society and just.......
i just need some reassurances that strangers on the internet don't secretly hate me, or that maybe i've made someone laugh or smile or something because then I wouldn't be completely worthless after all

i'm sorry
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4264 on: April 10, 2015, 04:35:02 PM »
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i will probably regret dragging my hoard of gloomy worries onto a nice public forum
but
I'm kinda on a downward spiral into feeling like i'm a useless human being that will never adapt to society because the thought of getting a job or knowing how to drive terrifies me but I know I have to do these things, i'm starting to think maybe i'm not really cut out for university but i have no idea what else i'd rather do, i feel like all my skills are useless for being a Productive Member of Society and just.......
i just need some reassurances that strangers on the internet don't secretly hate me, or that maybe i've made someone laugh or smile or something because then I wouldn't be completely worthless after all

i'm sorry

You've made me laugh and smile! And I certainly don't see you as worthless.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #4265 on: April 10, 2015, 04:48:21 PM »
but

i'm sorry

Can relate, but everyone knows something useful even if as said before it's making someone smile :)

If it makes you feel any better, i was about to write my job contract for my summer job, but luckily for me we were made to do some actual work before and i tell you, telemarketing is not for me. Every time i was calling someone i felt i was invading their lives and constantly just being irritating even when i made the customer laugh or smile i still just felt like an intruder. After wrestling with this and the feeling of duty for getting a summer job and making some money and blergh, i just got so stressed for having to call people because i thought it was somehow morally wrong.

After the boss called me in for me to write the contract i had to say no and i really felt so conflicted. I still brood over this some times, but i got over it after a while. A good help was the fact that my parents/siblings supported the decission not to work there so i got out alright.

The future is indeed scary, but you can always pull through.  :D

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4266 on: April 10, 2015, 04:54:17 PM »
Awww, Haiz.  I'm on deadline right now so I have to keep it brief, but:
What you're feeling is totally normal -- AND it has no relation to your actual ability to accomplish things.  It's just little troll-voices in your head, and we all have them to a greater or lesser extent.

You're a delightful person, full of talent, brains, and enthusiasm.  You'll find you can add new skills (with practice).  I learned to drive more than 30 years ago and I *still* remember how weird it felt to get behind the wheel.  But with practice, I got used to it and now I can practically drive in my sleep.  Other things in life are like that too.  It's hard to think you can do it until you do it.

I believe in you, Sigrun believes in you (even if she keeps mispronouncing "seidhkid"), and everyone else on this forum believes in you.  Does that help?

Signed,

Some stranger on the Internet

but

i'm sorry
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #4267 on: April 10, 2015, 04:59:42 PM »
but

i'm sorry

Oh honey, everyone feels like that at times, but trust me, even though we haven't actually talked before or anything, you made me smile more than once, and I think you're a very nice person.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4268 on: April 10, 2015, 05:01:08 PM »
thank you everyone, it helps a lot and i feel better

i was going to use the "what do you think haiz is doing right now" edit for the Nth time but since I'm actually crying today it would feel a little wrong

i apologize for my constant need for reassurances and attention and outbursts of awful self esteem

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4269 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »
Aw, honey.  Everyone needs reassurance sometimes.

Here, listen to "Lean on Me." 
(Back to work now for me.)

i was going to use the "what do you think haiz is doing right now" edit for the Nth time but since I'm actually crying today it would feel a little wrong

i apologize for my constant need for reassurances and attention and outbursts of awful self esteem
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4270 on: April 10, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »
Aw, honey.  Everyone needs reassurance sometimes.
'sometimes' to me seems to be every other week and it will probably get a little annoying in the long run, i'm gonna try to keep my self deprecation to a minimum.......

thank you

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4271 on: April 10, 2015, 05:16:25 PM »
but

i'm sorry

For what it's worth I get by just barely knowing how to drive.

Also I think you're kind of adorable in a sort of silly, dorky way.

You don't need to be a perfect productive member of society anyways, just don't kill anyone and you should be fine.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4272 on: April 10, 2015, 05:18:13 PM »

I second Sunflower, that everyone needs reassurance, and some more than others. It's not a shame to ask for reassurance especially when you really need it. And personally I think it takes some guts to ask for reassurance, so kudos for helping yourself out. And I mean, oftentimes a group of strangers (or I guess... somewhat-strangers) will be the best audience, and none of is even have to listen to you, but we do. *would send a virtual hug but only if you're into hugs*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4273 on: April 10, 2015, 05:34:49 PM »
For what it's worth I get by just barely knowing how to drive.

Also I think you're kind of adorable in a sort of silly, dorky way.

You don't need to be a perfect productive member of society anyways, just don't kill anyone and you should be fine.
I second Sunflower, that everyone needs reassurance, and some more than others. It's not a shame to ask for reassurance especially when you really need it. And personally I think it takes some guts to ask for reassurance, so kudos for helping yourself out. And I mean, oftentimes a group of strangers (or I guess... somewhat-strangers) will be the best audience, and none of is even have to listen to you, but we do. *would send a virtual hug but only if you're into hugs*
thank you ;_;
it's not really that gutsy of me because i tend to maybe overshare online.......
even if i constantly fear people will see me as annoying and obnoxious
because I need to make it crystal clear that if people DO see me as annoying or obnoxious I'd rather they tell me about it so I can stop, I've had some experiences with people only telling me AFTERWARDS that they've "had to deal with my annoying blabbering all this time" and there is only so many times I can reassemble my confidence jenga tower

this community is just so nice and I don't wanna ruin it for anyone

but if i'm percieved as silly and dorky then that is a relief. i can do silly and dorky

*accepts virtual hug*

(I agree driving and productivity is overrated, though.)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #4274 on: April 10, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »
this community is just so nice and I don't wanna ruin it for anyone

Believe me, Haiz. I've come to this community with so many issues you have no idea, and I felt the exact same way. But everyone here genuinely cares about you and wants to help, which I can see more clearly now that I'm on the other side of the exchange for once.

I really really hope you feel better soon! But if you don't that's okay, and never hesitate to come here if you need someone to talk to.

I think you're awesome.