Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409512 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4230 on: April 03, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »
Yes, I shall come back to this forum. Hello everyone, I missed you. Woah, so many new people. Nice to meet you all. This place changed a lot in my times of lurking.

Something that hasn't changed: You *still* steal my thoughts.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #4231 on: April 03, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
Something that hasn't changed: You *still* steal my thoughts.

Well, we constantly meet on the chat, of course I will still steal your thoughts :D
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #4232 on: April 03, 2015, 03:28:17 PM »
Well, we constantly meet on the chat, of course I will still steal your thoughts :D

*bows to the Stealer of thoughts

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4233 on: April 03, 2015, 03:51:03 PM »
Uuugh I was randomly hit by migraine and by randomly hit I mean that all of a sudden I went half blind (I get the eye squigglies somewhat severe) and five minutes later, headache from hell. I managed to find the bed somehow and woke up two hours later with the migraine... gone. No complaints for that, usually I'm in for at least half a day of pain, so yay! for migraine gone. I still feel a bit cotton-y about the eyes though. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

P__

« Reply #4234 on: April 03, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »
Yes, I shall come back to this forum. Hello everyone, I missed you. Woah, so many new people. Nice to meet you all. This place changed a lot in my times of lurking.
Yay Nimphy!

Laufrey: I'm not entirely sure that's normal for a migraine?
I checked on the internet and they said it might be prostate cancer :o or the plague
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4235 on: April 03, 2015, 04:14:57 PM »
Laufrey: I'm not entirely sure that's normal for a migraine?
I checked on the internet and they said it might be prostate cancer :o or the plague

Oh definitely, mine don't usually just hit suddenly and then go away just as sudden: they tend to creep on to stay, so definitely not normal for a migraine even by my own usual symptoms. Well... I could technically speaking have the plague at least, guess we won't be the capital of the world in year 90 after all.  :-\

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4236 on: April 03, 2015, 04:55:28 PM »
Uuugh I was randomly hit by migraine and by randomly hit I mean that all of a sudden I went half blind (I get the eye squigglies somewhat severe) and five minutes later, headache from hell. I managed to find the bed somehow and woke up two hours later with the migraine... gone. No complaints for that, usually I'm in for at least half a day of pain, so yay! for migraine gone. I still feel a bit cotton-y about the eyes though. :P

Migraines are so tedious. Physical pain is fine and all but migraines have a habit of clouding the mind y'know. It's like you're uncomfortable and dazed out of commission at the same time.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4237 on: April 03, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »
Migraines are so tedious. Physical pain is fine and all but migraines have a habit of clouding the mind y'know. It's like you're uncomfortable and dazed out of commission at the same time.

Yeah! To compare I once hit myself in the face with a hammer, giving myself a mild concussion.* No problem, even though I had a headache all day long, I knew it'd go away and that I just had to wait. I can usually put up with some amount of pain at least, but migraines come with the hopeless feeling that you don't know when they're going to go away and there's always that one voice somewhere in the back of the mind saying "hah this time it'll never end".

*I was hammering a spoon, trying to look all cool for the first year goldsmith students who were having their first look at the silversmithing machinery and tools, forgot to actually pay attention to what I was doing and ~BONK~ right between the eyes with the other side of the hammer. I saw stars for a bit but true to typical goldsmith fashion tried to pretend nothing happened and just went on working... nope, everyone had seen it and were going to hysterics one by one, and then to make matters worse the teacher said:
"Don't laugh, in four years you'll be like that too."

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4238 on: April 03, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »
*I was hammering a spoon, trying to look all cool for the first year goldsmith students who were having their first look at the silversmithing machinery and tools, forgot to actually pay attention to what I was doing and ~BONK~ right between the eyes with the other side of the hammer. I saw stars for a bit but true to typical goldsmith fashion tried to pretend nothing happened and just went on working... nope, everyone had seen it and were going to hysterics one by one, and then to make matters worse the teacher said:
"Don't laugh, in four years you'll be like that too."

Hehe, I know this kind of situation all to well too. I once had my arm broken after being slammed to the ground in a sparring session with a friend. I got back up and continued because "Hah! You can't hurt me with such a weaksauce takedown!". Two days later: Arm in a cast.

Appearances are sometimes more important than any amount of physical pain.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4239 on: April 03, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »
Hehe, I know this kind of situation all to well too. I once had my arm broken after being slammed to the ground in a sparring session with a friend. I got back up and continued because "Hah! You can't hurt me with such a weaksauce takedown!". Two days later: Arm in a cast.

That's some next level pain tolerance right there. O.O; And here I was feeling all smug about my ability to hit myself in the face with a hammer... I give up, you clearly win at this.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #4240 on: April 03, 2015, 06:38:59 PM »

Fits with avatar :D

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #4241 on: April 04, 2015, 07:30:19 AM »
That's some next level pain tolerance right there. O.O; And here I was feeling all smug about my ability to hit myself in the face with a hammer... I give up, you clearly win at this.

I fear if it comes to pain, fimby always wins. Must be a true norwegian feature

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4242 on: April 04, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
I fear if it comes to pain, fimby always wins. Must be a true norwegian feature

I'll count that as having been warned.  :-\

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #4243 on: April 04, 2015, 08:58:16 AM »
I'll count that as having been warned.  :-\

As far as I know, fimby has not done harm to anyone around here XD
But how should I know, I was away from here for some time.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #4244 on: April 05, 2015, 12:22:12 PM »
Hmmm. I haven't been very active in the forum lately, it seems. Anyway, I just applied for a summer job at a nursing home, and I really hope I get it because

1) Getting a job in Bergen while you're still in school isn't easy, and I'll have a better chance at getting a permanent job once I have some work experience

2) If I get a summer job I don't have to go to North-Norway for 3-4 weeks (and I'll have the house to myself and I LOVE being home alone)

3) My mum will stop calling me lazy, hopefully

4) MONEYYYYY