Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387203 times)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4035 on: March 20, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »
The eclipse here was pritty "lame" since the sun didn't actually get fully covered so no obvious effects expect that the snow turned in to a hue of purple rather than white, but it was quite intriguing to watch the sun get slowly consumed only to come back from behind to moon once more.

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #4036 on: March 20, 2015, 01:03:40 PM »
Today I'm really happy and content with myself. First time I've ever took a soldering iron in my clumsy hands - and I managed to fix the microphone I broke several days ago. It works just perfectly, and I'm glad I've finally done something useful. Hooray!  ;D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4037 on: March 20, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »
by some incredible miracle the trondheim weather gods (there are five of them. competing for the drama queen throne.) cleared the skies for the eclipse, so I got to see it!! it was pretty cool. it clouded over almost immediately after it was over/ish and it has been cold and grey ever since.
In the news yesterday they said a loot of tourists were going to Svalbard to watch the eclipse, though. Was it supposedly any better there?? I haven't followed much on where and when it was 'best' so

also congrats curiosity!! you deserve to feel content and have a working microphone
you'll know where to find me.

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #4038 on: March 20, 2015, 01:31:54 PM »
Hehe, thanks, Haiz!

It is really wonderful that you've managed to see the eclipse. I myself was too busy to observe it, and so was my niece, who really wanted to witness it. She was upset, but I promised her that we'll find some photos/videos on the net, so I guess we'll have time to see it, too  :D
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4039 on: March 20, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »
I happened to be on the 20 minute walk to the bus stop as it happened, so I carried some black film to watch it through with me, but I didn't see it very clear to be perfectly honest....... but I was still pretty excited about it and if I didn't have headphones in I would've probably said "HELLO HAPPY ECLIPSE" to the bus driver, haha. i proceeded to sit next to a window to occasionally look at it now and then. all the other bus takers looked so incredibly unimpressed, I don't even know

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4040 on: March 20, 2015, 01:55:48 PM »
Today I'm really happy and content with myself. First time I've ever took a soldering iron in my clumsy hands - and I managed to fix the microphone I broke several days ago. It works just perfectly, and I'm glad I've finally done something useful. Hooray!  ;D
One big step on the way to becoming the real world Tony Stark.

The thing about eclipses is that it actually needs to stop raining for it to be even remotely visible.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4041 on: March 20, 2015, 05:03:01 PM »
hi it's me again. my mom took photos of the solar eclipse

~*~follow for more sky phenomena~*~

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #4042 on: March 20, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »
hi it's me again. my mom took photos of the solar eclipse

~*~follow for more sky phenomena~*~
*GAASssSSsSPPP!*
Thats SO COOL! 8D
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #4043 on: March 20, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »
One big step on the way to becoming the real world Tony Stark.

Or Tesla :D

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4044 on: March 21, 2015, 02:12:23 AM »
500 members.  \o/  I was gonna write a big spiel for this but, as it turns out, I'm just no good with words so I'll just sum it up:
Thanks to everyone who's posted and contributed.  You're all lovely and wonderful, and I hope this place makes you all happy.  :)
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4045 on: March 21, 2015, 02:20:34 AM »
500 members.  \o/  I was gonna write a big spiel for this but, as it turns out, I'm just no good with words so I'll just sum it up:
Thanks to everyone who's posted and contributed.  You're all lovely and wonderful, and I hope this place makes you all happy.  :)

*throws confetti*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #4046 on: March 21, 2015, 02:27:10 AM »

;D WOO-HOO!!! *throws cookies as confetti* There's a lot more of us than I realized! May this most best fandom continue to grow and flourish for all of eternity! I love it here so much, You guys are all amazing! Thank you Forum Thor Eich! You're awesome! ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:06:49 AM by kahli »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4047 on: March 21, 2015, 03:18:01 AM »

Yes, that's quite a milestone! 

We owe a lot to you, Eich, for investing so much of your time and energy into creating and maintaining this forum.  Not just technically, but as a leader, contributor, and guiding spirit.  You play a large part in keeping the Forum a place enjoyed and peacefully shared by a diverse group of people literally around the world.  Which, as many posters remark, is a refreshing contrast to a lot of other corners of the Internet!

Squirrel cookies and beverage of choice all around.  Good job, everyone!

BTW, Eich, you're too modest about your word skills, in my opinion as a "communications professional."  You said everything I would've said, just as eloquently and in half the space.   :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4048 on: March 21, 2015, 05:42:04 AM »

Now if only there were 500 forum regulars. Or maybe not, that would be a tad crowded. At any rate the number of regular, active posters is considerably lower. About half the members have 2 posts or less.

What I think we should celebrate is the new recruits who stick around. Not going to mention any names here because I know I will forget someone. They know who they are.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:10:10 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #4049 on: March 21, 2015, 07:26:27 AM »
Now if only there were 500 forum regulars. Or maybe not, that would be a tad crowded.

Mmm. I think if there were that many regular posters, I'd be even less inclined to post things, aha...

But, it's wonderful that we've grown that much within the seven months the forum's been active. And it's been rather fun seeing the newer regular posters around, too - especially the art threads.
Am notified of private messages via email.