Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387523 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3945 on: March 15, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »
Took me a moment to realize why this photo seemed odd to me (besides the obvious involvement of a literal spirit level): Was there an explicit dress/color code for the event?

... I mean, that's supposed to be a flock of wild arts people, isn't it ... ?

(Stereotyping? Moi? ::) )

If you're referring to pretty much everyone wearing black, then no, that was just a coincidence. For some reason pretty much everyone involved in the project decided to show up in black (to look professional, maybe? idk), and all the other people just... liked black, I guess? Norwegians really aren't very adventurous when it comes to colours (or patterns, for that matter). I wore a red and blue dress with birds on it, though, so there goes that colour code cx

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3946 on: March 15, 2015, 11:17:46 AM »
In other news, I ate a lot of homemade food today
Um, what do you normally eat if homemade food is something extraordinary for you to eat?

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3947 on: March 15, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »
Thanks, everyone!

I would share any write-ups we got, except BT didn't even bother to come cx Which is really freaking stupid, seeing as they apparently had time to interview me and two others from the group when the project was just starting up and we didn't know anything at all, but then when we host a really amazing event that gets A LOT of guests it's not even interesting enough to check out :I Oh well, it was an amazing experience anyway c:

That's me, in the dress. (There were a lot more people than you can see in this photo ;))

Aw, giant pillows!

Also, congrats on the event going well! I always speak way too fast whenever I have to speak in front of large groups of people...

Um, what do you normally eat if homemade food is something extraordinary for you to eat?

My thoughts exactly. ???

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3948 on: March 15, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »

Store-bought food? Like ready-made stuff? I can't cook, so nothing I eat is homemade.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3949 on: March 15, 2015, 11:48:32 AM »
Store-bought food? Like ready-made stuff? I can't cook, so nothing I eat is homemade.
That sounds kind of... well, unenviable. You can't cook though? You can't cook as in you don't have the facilities or you can't cook because you haven't learned how?

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3950 on: March 15, 2015, 11:56:14 AM »
That sounds kind of... well, unenviable. You can't cook though? You can't cook as in you don't have the facilities or you can't cook because you haven't learned how?

Because I haven't learned how. I only know how to make scrambled eggs and grilled cheese.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3951 on: March 15, 2015, 12:01:44 PM »
Because I haven't learned how. I only know how to make scrambled eggs and grilled cheese.
No offense, but even I can cook :P. Well, more out of necessity than interest in the culinary arts. It isn't hard, you just need practice with some dishes to get comfortable with some basic concepts.

Why would you grill a cheese though? Is it like fondue barbeque?

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3952 on: March 15, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »
Yes, that is indeed a pair of kitty ears. It's... a long story cx
The story must be that Norway has created cat people.  That's the only logical conclusion (and it even explains those adorable drawings you did of the SSSS cast).

Just cause I cook it doesn't make it homemade.  I pretty much make two meals that aren't store-bought, because cooking takes far too much time for me to want to invest effort in it.
Feel free to PM.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3953 on: March 15, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »
The story must be that Norway has created cat people.  That's the only logical conclusion (and it even explains those adorable drawings you did of the SSSS cast).

Actually it has to do with... an artwork related to a strip club cx

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3954 on: March 15, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
Just cause I cook it doesn't make it homemade.  I pretty much make two meals that aren't store-bought, because cooking takes far too much time for me to want to invest effort in it.
*Snort* C'mon you two, how hard could it be? Right now I feel obliged to come over there and show you how it's done, and believe me - I have experience breaking and entering in order to cook people food.

... For real?

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3955 on: March 15, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »
No offense, but even I can cook :P. Well, more out of necessity than interest in the culinary arts. It isn't hard, you just need practice with some dishes to get comfortable with some basic concepts.

No offense?? ? ??? Well 'scuse me, but from what I gather, it's not uncommon here for college students/teenagers to not know how to cook. (I'm a teenager for heck's sake, I've only been on my own for six months) And my mom tells me all the time I should cook my own food, and she got me a cookbook, but I haven't cared enough to make my own food. I'll learn it eventually, gosh, but not now.

Why would you grill a cheese though? Is it like fondue barbeque?

Grilled cheese... the sandwich? Is grilled cheese just an American thing?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:17:31 PM by Piney »

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3956 on: March 15, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »
*Snort* C'mon you two, how hard could it be? Right now I feel obliged to come over there and show you how it's done, and believe me - I have experience breaking and entering in order to cook people food.
... For real?
I can learn just fine, the internet has pretty amazing recipes on it, it's just a matter of not wanting to.
I remember you mentioning something about that, actually.  Was that the big picture you were standing in front of in the BT photo?
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3957 on: March 15, 2015, 12:19:15 PM »
I can learn just fine, the internet has pretty amazing recipes on it, it's just a matter of not wanting to.
^^^ exactly.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3958 on: March 15, 2015, 12:30:17 PM »

My spider senses are telling me there's an awesomest story behind this one.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3959 on: March 15, 2015, 01:11:17 PM »
... For real?

Yes.

I remember you mentioning something about that, actually. Was that the big picture you were standing in front of in the BT photo?

No, this was another artwork. It just say Caligula in garish neon lights, a reference to both a power-crazed Roman emperor and a south-american strip-club by the same name.