Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424217 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3930 on: March 13, 2015, 10:38:11 PM »
Yessss.

The miniature peanut butter cups are my favorite.

My favorites are their chocolate-covered espresso beans. I don't even like coffee, but they taste like heaven to me.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3931 on: March 14, 2015, 06:45:21 AM »
Phew!

The event we've been planning at KODE is finally over, and it went really, really well!! :D I had a lot of responsibility, seeing as I was going to make the welcome speech and speak to all the visitors during our guided tour of the exhibition, but I'm really glad I did it! I managed to not screw anything up, and I got a lot of praise from the people who work at the museum. There was even a friend of one of the museum workers who genuinely thought I worked there. She was downright shocked when she heard I was just a high school student cx And the best part is that the people who organized this whole project said I might even get a paid job there every now and then!

Anyway, during those two hours we had more than 200 visitors, which is just... wow. And our leader asked me to make a short speech at he end of the event as well, which means that I spoke in front of all these people THREE TIMES! :O So long story short, it went even better than I had dared to hope, and now I'm really tired because I went straight to the museum from an all day maths test and spent the next 8 hours working really hard. It was so worth it, though!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3932 on: March 14, 2015, 06:53:40 AM »
Phew!

The event we've been planning at KODE is finally over, and it went really, really well!! :D I had a lot of responsibility, seeing as I was going to make the welcome speech and speak to all the visitors during our guided tour of the exhibition, but I'm really glad I did it! I managed to not screw anything up, and I got a lot of praise from the people who work at the museum. There was even a friend of one of the museum workers who genuinely thought I worked there. She was downright shocked when she heard I was just a high school student cx And the best part is that the people who organized this whole project said I might even get a paid job there every now and then!

Anyway, during those two hours we had more than 200 visitors, which is just... wow. And our leader asked me to make a short speech at he end of the event as well, which means that I spoke in front of all these people THREE TIMES! :O So long story short, it went even better than I had dared to hope, and now I'm really tired because I went straight to the museum from an all day maths test and spent the next 8 hours working really hard. It was so worth it, though!
Getting involved is the best way to land a job - or so they say. Maybe you'll land a full-time curator position at some point.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #3933 on: March 14, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
Sigrid, that sounds like a great day - and the opportunity of getting a job there seems also like a brilliant idea. :)

And thanks to the other for the information on Trader Joe's. I thought the identical logos were just a funny coincidence - now I know better.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3934 on: March 14, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »
Yay Sigrid! Being tired like that is a sign of a good day well spent. (and speaking in front of people three times? I drfinitely wouldn't have the guts to do that, so wow, nice)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3935 on: March 14, 2015, 06:14:31 PM »
Phew!
Hurray!
Congratulations! Joy! Cookies! Well-deserved praise!
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3936 on: March 14, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »
The event we've been planning at KODE is finally over, and it went really, really well!!

Sigrid, congratulations!  We're all so proud of you!  I hope this leads to lots more wonderful opportunities.

Meanwhile, once you've rested up, I hope you'll share any write-ups the exhibit gets.  Even if they're in Norwegian -- it'll do us* good to try to translate them.
(* For a given value of "us"... and probably "good"...)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:04:23 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3937 on: March 15, 2015, 12:10:46 AM »
Congrats, Sig!  Your showing a lot more initiative than most of the young people I know, and it's good that that's paying off for you.  :) 
I wish you more success in the future!

In other news, I ate a lot of homemade food today, and got to play with my niece!  :D  She's much more... substantial now.  You can lift her up, and she'll use her legs to bolster herself up, and then she wobbles, and it's the cutest thing ever, and babies are amazing.
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3938 on: March 15, 2015, 12:16:45 AM »
In other news, I ate a lot of homemade food today, and got to play with my niece!

I somehow read that as "I ate a lot of homework" and I was really, really confused.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3939 on: March 15, 2015, 01:53:45 AM »
In other news, I ate a lot of homemade food today, and got to play with my niece!  :D  She's much more... substantial now.  You can lift her up, and she'll use her legs to bolster herself up, and then she wobbles, and it's the cutest thing ever, and babies are amazing.
Awwww! (I was about to type "she's growing!!" But that sounded like she was a plant... Which she is not... O__O) Hooray for the little leg jumps! She'd be starting to slowly get heavier right? :o

Hehe ;P

I somehow read that as "I ate a lot of homework" and I was really, really confused.
So did I Piney O_O I thought "He can't have been THAT hungry! What about all the homecooked foo-- oh. Derp."
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3940 on: March 15, 2015, 02:09:54 AM »
Awwww! (I was about to type "she's growing!!" But that sounded like she was a plant... Which she is not... O__O) Hooray for the little leg jumps! She'd be starting to slowly get heavier right? :o

Babies old enough to stand and go "jumpy, jumpy" make excellent medicine balls for workouts.

A couple of years ago, I was holding my friend Christina's 14-month-old baby.  I was sitting, holding the baby under her arms, and she was jumping up and down on my lap.  After about 10 minutes of "boing-boing," the kid was still crowing with glee but Auntie Sunflower was worn out. 

HOLY BOUNCY SEAT was I sore!  My upper arms, shoulders, and sides (I think that's triceps, pecs, and lats) had essentially been pumping 20 pounds of baby continuously. 

Eich, you could also try overhead arm presses.  When your niece is a few years older, airplane rides are always good.  Toddlers also make great ankle weights.   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3941 on: March 15, 2015, 07:33:56 AM »
Thanks, everyone!

I would share any write-ups we got, except BT didn't even bother to come cx Which is really freaking stupid, seeing as they apparently had time to interview me and two others from the group when the project was just starting up and we didn't know anything at all, but then when we host a really amazing event that gets A LOT of guests it's not even interesting enough to check out :I Oh well, it was an amazing experience anyway c:

The museum did put a picture from the event on their facebook, though:

That's me, in the dress. (There were a lot more people than you can see in this photo ;))

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3942 on: March 15, 2015, 08:18:10 AM »
Thanks, everyone!

I would share any write-ups we got, except BT didn't even bother to come cx Which is really freaking stupid, seeing as they apparently had time to interview me and two others from the group when the project was just starting up and we didn't know anything at all, but then when we host a really amazing event that gets A LOT of guests it's not even interesting enough to check out :I Oh well, it was an amazing experience anyway c:

The museum did put a picture from the event on their facebook, though:

That's me, in the dress. (There were a lot more people than you can see in this photo ;))
Newspapers are weird like that o___o

Oh my gosh you look so professional and authoritative-yet-friendly up there at the front! Wow! I wish I had that kind of confidence~
That looks like a cool event! Those giant pillow couches look awesome! 8D

Also...is that....a pair of kitty ears right up the back? :o
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3943 on: March 15, 2015, 08:39:05 AM »
Newspapers are weird like that o___o

Oh my gosh you look so professional and authoritative-yet-friendly up there at the front! Wow! I wish I had that kind of confidence~
That looks like a cool event! Those giant pillow couches look awesome! 8D

Also...is that....a pair of kitty ears right up the back? :o

Really? Thank youuuu~ Tbh I felt the opposite of confident the last ten minutes before it began, but once I started talking I just realized that I know this. And YEAH, the giant pillows were AWESOME, and there were 8 of them! 8D

Yes, that is indeed a pair of kitty ears. It's... a long story cx

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3944 on: March 15, 2015, 09:05:49 AM »
The museum did put a picture from the event on their facebook, though [...]
Took me a moment to realize why this photo seemed odd to me (besides the obvious involvement of a literal spirit level): Was there an explicit dress/color code for the event?

... I mean, that's supposed to be a flock of wild arts people, isn't it ... ?

(Stereotyping? Moi? ::) )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15