Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387891 times)

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3555 on: February 18, 2015, 07:08:39 PM »
Haha Edit: I suggested to him that 2 hours with no design specifications was a tad unreasonable, and I received the amazing "Not In The Real World" Speech. Plus he wants me to make it in Word, print it out, scan it in, so he can print it out. What?

Oh, the lovely Real World. I sometimes wonder if "In The Real World" is some sort of alternate dimension.

You haven't seen the local airport...have you. XD
At most, I get a plastic seal that goes around on the baggage carousel ;P

Well, on the bright side, at least you'll have less trolls and giants to deal with than, say, the Paris-CDG. :P

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3556 on: February 18, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Well, on the bright side, at least you'll have less trolls and giants to deal with than, say, the Paris-CDG. :P
The bright side can also be the boring uneventful side. One where you don't have to worry about which octave to stuff into your planes to avoid waking a new horde of delinquents.

I don't think Fimbulvarg's within driving distance of Charles de Gaulle Airport (unless there's something she isn't telling us...)
But I do live within driving distance of CDG.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:15:41 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3557 on: February 18, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
Oh yeah, was your "airport" Cape Canaveral?

What about Nimphy's?  I know Fim chose conquered Paris-CDG.
Yep!  With my avatar, how could it not be NASA?

I forget what Nimphy chose, actually.

Oh, the lovely Real World. I sometimes wonder if "In The Real World" is some sort of alternate dimension.
It's a colorful, majestic place, where everyone can work 58 times as fast, and nobody needs to sleep.

But I do live within driving distance of CDG.
???  But... Norway?  It would be a long drive, surely.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3558 on: February 18, 2015, 07:16:18 PM »
???  But... Norway?  It would be a long drive, surely.
That's what the Mongols thought Until Genghis Khan proved them wrong.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3559 on: February 18, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »
Awww, that sounds kind of cute, and the Hobart Suburban Airstrip (or whatever it's called) looks... friendly?

But you're now a world-bestrider!  You can pick out a derelict airport anywhere you like!!  I don't think Fimbulvarg's within driving distance of Charles de Gaulle Airport (unless there's something she isn't telling us...)
Sunflower.....that's...an international airport ;____; with no international flights...that I know of.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:30:27 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3560 on: February 18, 2015, 07:19:17 PM »
That's what the Mongols thought Until Genghis Khan proved them wrong.
Figured as much.
Technically, anything is "within distance" after all. 
Feel free to PM.

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #3561 on: February 18, 2015, 07:21:52 PM »
If it helps you anything Owl, I had to sweep my chimney today with my dad, and by that I mean I had to chug a long stick up n down a cement hull that has not seen help from anyone for over 15 years while my father held the ladder. Anyway, I changed my race today. Oh yeah, did I mention I also have dark curly hair?
It's only a matter of time before I get deported by mistake. Gotta clean myself fast! :S
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3562 on: February 18, 2015, 07:35:49 PM »
Ugh...what a time to be reminded that my laptop takes half an hour to turn on x___X *dies*

Edit:
I drew a wonky apple-shaped swirl on my sister's iPad, and put the business name in Baskerville because yolo :P
Dad had stopped being a poop after doing some fencing, and in true dad style, liked all the options...because there were options. At one point I jokingly drew some rings à la Saturn around the apple, and he's like "Yeah! Make it a PLANET." and I'm like "NO WAY IN HELL." pahaha
So, it's all just black at the moment, but I can't be bothered to choose a colour because I'm laaaaazy ;P

It's generic as hell though. Does it exist already?? (didn't do any research) Hmmm probably does...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:08:40 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3563 on: February 18, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »
Ugh...what a time to be reminded that my laptop takes half an hour to turn on x___X *dies*

Edit:
I drew a wonky apple-shaped swirl on my sister's iPad, and put the business name in Baskerville because yolo :P
Dad had stopped being a poop after doing some fencing, and in true dad style, liked all the options...because there were options. At one point I jokingly drew some rings à la Saturn around the apple, and he's like "Yeah! Make it a PLANET." and I'm like "NO WAY IN HELL." pahaha
So, it's all just black at the moment, but I can't be bothered to choose a colour because I'm laaaaazy ;P

It's generic as hell though. Does it exist already?? (didn't do any research) Hmmm probably does...
I like it!  The only thing close I know of is Apple, but as long as ya kon't take a bite out of it, it oughta be fine. :)
It actually looks really professional and clean.  As for color, can't go wrong with an earthy shade of red, right?
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3564 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:31 AM »
I like it!  The only thing close I know of is Apple, but as long as ya kon't take a bite out of it, it oughta be fine. :)
It actually looks really professional and clean.  As for color, can't go wrong with an earthy shade of red, right?
Thanks! :)
Hehehe, Apple's logo was the least of my problems -___-  apple logos are bloomin' everywhere XD heck, this is the apple isle! HAaaaaaaah... these are just the ones I see everyday ;___;

I just...

H-h-help...meh....

I'm thinking about maybe incorporating/writing the family business name/farm name (if we had one) inside the apple, like, all flowy and kinda squished but sorta handwritten. But maybe that's overdoing things. And I'm not that great with text -__-
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:16:02 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3565 on: February 19, 2015, 01:17:29 AM »

Edit:

That's beautiful!  Simple, elegant, and classy.
The only problem is... now your dad will always expect you to perform like a pro under cranky-irrational-jerkface-dad pressure.

Black is the easiest color to use, and always professional.  Otherwise you have to mess around with Pantone shades.
But if you do pick a color, I'd suggest either a dark rust-brown or dark green.

Or can you do something personal, like pick a leaf off a tree, put it through your scanner, and use that shade of green?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3566 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:31 AM »
That's beautiful!  Simple, elegant, and classy.
The only problem is... now your dad will always expect you to perform like a pro under cranky-irrational-jerkface-dad pressure.

Black is the easiest color to use, and always professional.  Otherwise you have to mess around with Pantone shades.
But if you do pick a color, I'd suggest either a dark rust-brown or dark green.

Or can you do something personal, like pick a leaf off a tree, put it through your scanner, and use that shade of green?
I'm really tempted to loop another little leaf on it so it has little bunny leaf ears...but...must resist... I always want to make cute-yet-serious logos ;___; *grabby hands* (I don't think I'm able to go full-kawaii XD) but always have to make the serious logos instead :/
Heh, if my sister ever achieves her dream of opening her own patisserie/cake/bakery shop in the future...then my opportunity will come... o___ó

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #3567 on: February 19, 2015, 01:26:20 AM »

Oh my god, Woolworths, how I missed you! (Woolworths was replaced by Foodtown in New Zealand, which somehow resulted in one mall with two Foodtowns in it. It was confusing).

Edit: Countdown. I meant Countdown.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3568 on: February 19, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »
Oh my god, Woolworths, how I missed you! (Woolworths was replaced by Foodtown in New Zealand, which somehow resulted in one mall with two Foodtowns in it. It was confusing).

Edit: Countdown. I meant Countdown.
Oh WOW. I just googled the Countdown stores XD That's so weird o___o why did they change the name but keep the logo?

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #3569 on: February 19, 2015, 02:05:01 AM »
To differentiate between the aussie supermarkets and the kiwi ones? I dunno.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*