Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387609 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3540 on: February 18, 2015, 06:35:24 PM »
Is free usage of working planes and resources included in this offer? XD
Planes? I said 5% less derelict, not 100. But there is Toblerone and liquor in the Tax-free *points with bloody machette*, free of charge.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3541 on: February 18, 2015, 06:35:50 PM »

Yep, not only can you ride the baggage carousels and loot the duty-free shops of whisky and Toblerone (like Fim), you can also use the fancy Executive Business Center.  We promise not to page you and to strategically "forget" your location if a large, irritable Tasmanian apple farmer shows up.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fenris

« Reply #3542 on: February 18, 2015, 06:36:58 PM »
Planes? I said 5% less derelict, not 100. But there is Toblerone and liquor in the Tax-free *points with bloody machette*, free of charge.
Liquor, you say? Is that an open offer?

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3543 on: February 18, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »
Me and Flik can help you get those planes running again. :D 

My dad overreacts like that, too, but I know for a fact that he tends to exaggerate... everything, and he doesn't ever feel as bad as he seems to.  That said, yeah, that request is quite unreasonable.  It takes a while to come up with something good, for a project like that.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3544 on: February 18, 2015, 06:41:24 PM »
Yep, not only can you ride the baggage carousels and loot the duty-free shops of whisky and Toblerone (like Fim), you can also use the fancy Executive Business Center.  We promise not to page you and to strategically "forget" your location if a large, irritable Tasmanian apple farmer shows up.
Now hang on you *points with other, clean machette*, it clearly says derelict airport in the contract. Or are you saying I'm the only one whose supposedly derelict planes explode when powered up?

Liquor, you say? Is that an open offer?
Lousy freebooter. Take the jägermeister, that stuff is vile anyways.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3545 on: February 18, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »
Now hang on you *points with other, clean machette*, it clearly says derelict airport in the contract. Or are you saying I'm the only one whose supposedly derelict planes explode when powered up?
I got my space shuttle working again. 
Now I'm working on a weapon system on the derelict ISS to really enforce my Thor powers.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3546 on: February 18, 2015, 06:47:11 PM »
Me and Flik can help you get those planes running again. :D 

My dad overreacts like that, too, but I know for a fact that he tends to exaggerate... everything, and he doesn't ever feel as bad as he seems to.  That said, yeah, that request is quite unreasonable.  It takes a while to come up with something good, for a project like that.
*hires the engineers as personal knights*
My dad is just very bitter about everything and anything, and can only talk negatively. It's not even applied logically, it HAS to be done. There's some head issues. Probably diagnosable ones, but I don't think that should give him a free pass to being a )&@@@$($&@

Would Paint/Paint.Net be ok for making the letterhead? They're all I've got at my disposal....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:49:44 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3547 on: February 18, 2015, 06:47:40 PM »
Now hang on you *points with other, clean machete*, it clearly says derelict airport in the contract. Or are you saying I'm the only one whose supposedly derelict planes explode when powered up?
Lousy freebooter. Take the jägermeister, that stuff is vile anyways.

I didn't say her airport had working *planes* -- just a mysteriously preserved cluster of Old World computers and printers, on mahogany credenzas, and big cushy black Naugahyde executive chairs.
All hidden behind many layers of frosted glass.  (Hey, *my* airport has a giant Space Shuttle hangar, a NASA center, and a Top Sekrit Google Spacebase.  Just no baggage carousels or booze.)

I dunno about your planes -- what kind of firewater are you feeding them?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3548 on: February 18, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »
*hires the engineers as personal knights*
My dad is just very bitter about everything and anything, and can only talk negatively. There's some head issues. Probably diagnosable ones, but I don't think that should give him a free pass to being a )&@@@$($&@

Would Paint/Paint.Net be ok for making the letterhead? They're all I've got at my disposal....

Yep, go with what you've got.  "Good enough for government work," as they say.  If that jerk (um, sorry to say that about your father, but he is) complains, burst into tears and say "But Daaad, that's the best I can dooooo..." 

Or else point out that it cost him nothing but some snarling, which is a ton cheaper than a professional could do.

I actually don't think he'd notice if the letterhead is suboptimal.

(I have more thoughts on your father, but I'll take those offline.  Meanwhile, have a hug, newly crowned Ruler of a Derelict Airport!  Promotion ceremony will be held tomorrow.)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3549 on: February 18, 2015, 06:53:07 PM »
I got my space shuttle working again. 
Now I'm working on a weapon system on the derelict ISS to really enforce my Thor powers.

Oh yeah, was your "airport" Cape Canaveral?

What about Nimphy's?  I know Fim chose conquered Paris-CDG.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3550 on: February 18, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »
I dunno about your planes -- what kind of firewater are you feeding them?
Absolut Vodka, acetone and powdered sugar candy!

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3551 on: February 18, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »
I didn't say her airport had working *planes* -- just a mysteriously preserved cluster of Old World computers and printers, on mahogany credenzas, and big cushy black Naugahyde executive chairs.
All hidden behind many layers of frosted glass.
You haven't seen the local airport...have you. XD
At most, I get a plastic seal that goes around on the baggage carousel ;P
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3552 on: February 18, 2015, 06:56:03 PM »
Absolut Vodka, acetone and powdered sugar candy!

Ah, see, that's your problem -- wrong octane.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3553 on: February 18, 2015, 06:58:50 PM »
Ah, see, that's your problem -- wrong octane.
What's that mean? Use Southern Comfort instead?

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3554 on: February 18, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »
You haven't seen the local airport...have you. XD
At most, I get a plastic seal that goes around on the baggage carousel ;P

Awww, that sounds kind of cute, and the Hobart Suburban Airstrip (or whatever it's called) looks... friendly?

But you're now a world-bestrider!  You can pick out a derelict airport anywhere you like!!  I don't think Fimbulvarg's within driving distance of Charles de Gaulle Airport (unless there's something she isn't telling us...)