Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387892 times)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3285 on: January 30, 2015, 05:04:47 PM »
On that same page, I also found this:  How a Finnish man plans for a perfect date.

Is that... typical?   ;)  Should we warn the nice lady who posted on Disqus the other day, wanting to meet Nordic men?

Oh i'm way too young to know about that  ::)

I would say that there is less psycopathic behaviour and more stone cold expressions, but that can usually treated with beer so it balances it self out  :P
My opinion is to go ahead. There are quite a few architypes of finnish/nordic men who all have their pros and cons, and you wouldn't want to stop true
love from happening  ;)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3286 on: January 30, 2015, 05:06:46 PM »
On that same page, I also found this:  How a Finnish man plans for a perfect date.

Is that... typical?   ;)  Should we warn the nice lady who posted on Disqus the other day, wanting to meet Nordic men?

Yes, I was just watching that video before you linked it.

...Is is wrong that I can't stop laughing at the last part?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Deirdre

« Reply #3287 on: January 31, 2015, 05:57:51 AM »
I... I bet I'm experiencing some sort of Internet-weirdness-caused brain damage after watching this video.
Laughing somewhat included, and I don't know if it's wrong or not - but I'm a bad person.

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #3288 on: January 31, 2015, 06:56:03 AM »
I... I bet I'm experiencing some sort of Internet-weirdness-caused brain damage after watching this video.
Laughing somewhat included, and I don't know if it's wrong or not - but I'm a bad person.

Don't worry it often has that effect on the unwary. Just keep watching more, they keep getting better and better until you realize that you have started to like salmiakki and think sauna is the best invention ever. After that point you have been transformed in to a finn and there is no turning back *machianical laugh*

Deirdre

« Reply #3289 on: January 31, 2015, 08:19:53 AM »
I like salmiakki already, without watching more! And sauna surely isn't a bad invention either... Oh noes, is there even still hope for me?...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:13:21 AM by Deirdre »

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #3290 on: January 31, 2015, 11:05:20 AM »
I like salmiakki already, without watching more! And sauna surely isn't a bad invention either... Oh noes, is there even still hope for me?...
When the transformation begins there is no stopping it. Better just to embrace it and become something more! Something dark and cold....  a finn.

P__

« Reply #3291 on: January 31, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »
When the transformation begins there is no stopping it. Better just to embrace it and become something more! Something dark and cold....  a finn.

shouldn't that be "something pale and cold"?
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3292 on: January 31, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »
I just came home from a meeting at Kode, so here's an update on the art gallery project thingy.

1. It's going to be really awesome!!
2. The next few weeks we'll be working towards an event at the gallery on 13 March
3. There are no rules for said event. We are free to decide what we want to do with this opportunity (but of course the main purpose should be to bring attention to the art there, as well as bringing attention to issues that we think are important)
4. It has been decided that I should give a speech at the opening (I volunteered, since I've done something similar before)
5. Additionally, me and a few others from the group are going to be interviewed by Bergens Tidene (one of the most sold newspapers in Bergen) on Tuesday

This was only the second meeting, but the atmosphere there is so friendly! Everyone is super nice and non-judgemental c:

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #3293 on: January 31, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
shouldn't that be "something pale and cold"?

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3295 on: January 31, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
Congratulations!  That art gallery project sounds fantastic! 

And good for you for volunteering to be the spokesperson.  So many people are afraid of speaking in public -- and here you are, a slip of a 17-year-old, already ahead of them!

Lastly, I'm delighted to hear that you'll be interviewed in the Bergens Tidende, one of the Official Newspapers of SSSS.  Will you send us a link to the article?
I just hope it doesn't come out in this issue...

I just came home from a meeting at Kode, so here's an update on the art gallery project thingy.

1. It's going to be really awesome!!
2. The next few weeks we'll be working towards an event at the gallery on 13 March
3. There are no rules for said event. We are free to decide what we want to do with this opportunity (but of course the main purpose should be to bring attention to the art there, as well as bringing attention to issues that we think are important)
4. It has been decided that I should give a speech at the opening (I volunteered, since I've done something similar before)
5. Additionally, me and a few others from the group are going to be interviewed by Bergens Tidene (one of the most sold newspapers in Bergen) on Tuesday

This was only the second meeting, but the atmosphere there is so friendly! Everyone is super nice and non-judgemental c:
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3296 on: January 31, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »
Well, hopefully there will be an online article as well, otherwise there'll only be one forumite to experience your day of fame (unless you scan the article of course).
Also Bergens Tidende is the most read daily in the entirety of Western Norway.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3297 on: January 31, 2015, 04:49:33 PM »
Congratulations!  That art gallery project sounds fantastic! 

And good for you for volunteering to be the spokesperson.  So many people are afraid of speaking in public -- and here you are, a slip of a 17-year-old, already ahead of them!
*suddenly feels very proud*

Quote from: Sunflower
Lastly, I'm delighted to hear that you'll be interviewed in the Bergens Tidende, one of the Official Newspapers of SSSS.  Will you send us a link to the article?
I just hope it doesn't come out in this issue...
I NEVER NOTICED THAT THE PAPER WAS BT

Well, hopefully there will be an online article as well, otherwise there'll only be one forumite to experience your day of fame (unless you scan the article of course).
Also Bergens Tidende is the most read daily in the entirety of Western Norway.
Do not worry, for I got a super awesome A3 scanner for Christmas, and I will use it for the greater good!

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3298 on: January 31, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »
*suddenly feels very proud*
I NEVER NOTICED THAT THE PAPER WAS BT
Do not worry, for I got a super awesome A3 scanner for Christmas, and I will use it for the greater good!
Be proud, young'un.  I feel shivers of terror when I speak in front of groups.  o__o
Though I think I did okay for the presentation I had at work, last semester...  Seriously, that's pretty awesome.

General Discussion:  I woke up at ten today and have done nothing but procrastinate.  Time to study and work a lot.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3299 on: January 31, 2015, 05:26:03 PM »
Be proud, young'un.  I feel shivers of terror when I speak in front of groups.  o__o
Though I think I did okay for the presentation I had at work, last semester...  Seriously, that's pretty awesome.

General Discussion:  I woke up at ten today and have done nothing but procrastinate.  Time to study and work a lot.
At first I thought "heh, same here", then I remembered that the time here is 23:30 and you still have all day to actually do stuff.