Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387435 times)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3210 on: January 25, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »
...I /am/ in bedddddd ;___; I've been up since 3.30am since Friday *eye twitches*
Why can't this moment last foreverrr morrrrrre? ToNIIIIGGGgghhht, tonight eternity's an OPENNNNN DOOOOOOR! *emil and the team do interpretive dance as petals rain about them*

Yeah....I think I need to lie down...some more...

*eye twitches* Alright owl just don't die on us because i think our lifes would be way more boring then :D, but really at least try to get some sleep. If you can't just ask the nurse for help and you are knocked out in no time :)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3211 on: January 25, 2015, 04:58:23 PM »
Why can't this moment last foreverrr morrrrrre? ToNIIIIGGGgghhht, tonight eternity's an OPENNNNN DOOOOOOR! *emil and the team do interpretive dance as petals rain about them*

The images. They just. keep. coming.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3212 on: January 25, 2015, 05:14:17 PM »
...I /am/ in bedddddd ;___; I've been up since 3.30am since Friday *eye twitches*

A couple of Benadryls should have you feeling niiiiice and sleeeepy (maybe washed down with a vodka-tonic?   ;)). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3213 on: January 25, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
Now I can't unsee Onni on roller skates, firing arrows like crazy, followed by a near-conga line of rollerblading mages, also shooting like crazy, accompanied by disco music... O_____O (owl has not fully recovered, or had a lot of sleep....you can tell)

Actually, this is the soundtrack I imagine (kinda New Jack Swing, not that they know the difference in Keuruu).
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3214 on: January 25, 2015, 05:30:22 PM »
Actually, this is the soundtrack I imagine (kinda New Jack Swing, not that they know the difference in Keuruu).

Oh my god. I am not even exaggerating, I laughed through the entire music video. I just. I'm crying..

I mean, they got to the "hey sexy boy" part and I just lost it. But everyone else is asleep, so I can't laugh out loud, and my stomach hurts so badly right now and I can't stop laughing. And then she started taking her clothes of, and I imagined Onni trying to seductively take off his coat or something (while on roller skates, mind you) and it all just went downhill from there. I've gotten to the point where I'm imagining Lalli as a backup dancer, and I can't decide what's worse - Lalli doing disco moves with a straight face or Lalli dancing like Alexandra Stan with a straight face...

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3215 on: January 25, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »
A couple of Benadryls should have you feeling niiiiice and sleeeepy (maybe washed down with a vodka-tonic?   ;)).
Encouraging med-and-booze mixing? Tut tut.

Owl, you're drunk losing your mind. Don't stop.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3216 on: January 25, 2015, 06:53:04 PM »
Hahahh I'm expressly forbidden to consume any alcohol with these meds Sun ;P
Btw, it's some lovely side effects of my meds that is causing my weirdness, coupled with the other half of the meds wearing off....quite a combo... XD I just took 2 pills so hopefully...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3217 on: January 25, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »
Oh my god. I am not even exaggerating, I laughed through the entire music video. I just. I'm crying..

I mean, they got to the "hey sexy boy" part and I just lost it. But everyone else is asleep, so I can't laugh out loud, and my stomach hurts so badly right now and I can't stop laughing. And then she started taking her clothes of, and I imagined Onni trying to seductively take off his coat or something (while on roller skates, mind you) and it all just went downhill from there. I've gotten to the point where I'm imagining Lalli as a backup dancer, and I can't decide what's worse - Lalli doing disco moves with a straight face or Lalli dancing like Alexandra Stan with a straight face...
OH MYYYYY GOSHHHH.
Now I can only see Onni- after a few drinks- running amok the base and being put in mage jail because "agh goddamn it Onni...n-no..put your clothes ba- there we go, okay--- NO ONNI! CLOTHES STAY ON! GET IN YER CELL NOW C'MON!...C'mon Onni....Onni...*sigh* heeeeeere kit- Onni...*door triumphantly locked* heheh. Aw c'mon, don't look at me like that, don't do that sad face Onni. ONNI CLOTHES STAY ON! ON! No I'm not going to pat you. Here, here's your ball. Sleep it off."
Meanwhile Lalli and Braidy look on from their Mage cages...or they would; Braidy is asleep with his face squished against the wall, and Lalli is probably lying like a starfish making little questioning meowing noises. Tuuri, Emil and Mikkel arrive in the morning to pick them up, very disappointed....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:19:52 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3218 on: January 25, 2015, 10:19:19 PM »
Oh my goodness, I had no idea that video would inspire such creative madness!  (Confession time:  I... er... didn't watch it all the way through before sharing the link.  :-[  I only knew the song from aerobics class...)

Your vision of Onni on a 90-year-old Benadryl/moonshine tear reminded me of this comic, especially the last panel:  http://www.airshipentertainment.com/growfcomic.php?date=20070923
(The artist is Phil Foglio of "Girl Genius" fame, if you thought the style looked familiar.)

OH MYYYYY GOSHHHH.
Now I can only see Onni- after a few drinks- running amok the base and being put in mage jail because "agh goddamn it Onni...n-no..put your clothes ba- there we go, okay--- NO ONNI! CLOTHES STAY ON! GET IN YER CELL NOW C'MON!...C'mon Onni....Onni...*sigh* heeeeeere kit- Onni...*door triumphantly locked* heheh. Aw c'mon, don't look at me like that, don't do that sad face Onni. ONNI CLOTHES STAY ON! ON! No I'm not going to pat you. Here, here's your ball. Sleep it off."
Meanwhile Lalli and Braidy look on from their Mage cages...or they would; Braidy is asleep with his face squished against the wall, and Lalli is probably lying like a starfish making little questioning meowing noises. Tuuri, Emil and Mikkel arrive in the morning to pick them up, very disappointed....

You don't think Lalli would be all curled up in a circle, nose to feet, front paw over nose, what they call "making a hat"?  Or is he too bony for that?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3219 on: January 25, 2015, 10:40:56 PM »
Oh my goodness, I had no idea that video would inspire such creative madness!  (Confession time:  I... er... didn't watch it all the way through before sharing the link.  :-[  I only knew the song from aerobics class...)

Your vision of Onni on a 90-year-old Benadryl/moonshine tear reminded me of this comic, especially the last panel:  http://www.airshipentertainment.com/growfcomic.php?date=20070923
(The artist is Phil Foglio of "Girl Genius" fame, if you thought the style looked familiar.)

You don't think Lalli would be all curled up in a circle, nose to feet, front paw over nose, what they call "making a hat"?  Or is he too bony for that?
Oh gosh that last panel! XD

Hmmmm he might do that, I wasn't quite awake at the time....

asdasdasd2

• Mostly says meaningless things.
« Reply #3220 on: January 26, 2015, 09:53:04 AM »
Bad day today. Got stuck in an accident.
English, Hindi, Punjabi.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3221 on: January 26, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »

Oh no, are you okay? :c

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3222 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:05 PM »

Define accident would you kindly.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3223 on: January 26, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
I really really really feel like it would be so much fun to build a troll....a fake troll... not cause the actual Catyclysm or anything ;)
But alas, it would be nigh impossible. But, it did get me thinking about set dressing and prop design and lighting in regards to the visual style of SSSS...and.... *breathes deeply because that would be too amazing*
Anywho. I just thought I would list my thoughts (a list because my head is in no shape to do actual cohesive sentences) because I feel like talking about stuffs...but can't talk. :/
  • SSSS themed haunted house/halloween
  • The colour palettes: if in a film-medium, (live action) would on-set lighting be a thing? or post-filming effect
  • would sets be made in comic-palletes or real-life palettes
  • how fun would making a life-size troll prop be? Or just making any of the sets?
  • if a film-medium, would people prefer mostly on-set effects, or would they be replaced with CGI? (e.g. The Thing- 1982 vs The Thing- 20whatever)
  • the question of live-action, 2D animation or CG animation
  • anime/animated series, live action series, feature film asdfghjkl
  • would rash beast/troll garden decorations be a good idea?
  • maybe i should try sculpting a rash-being?

I'm not even sure if the GDT is the place for this...

This is GD though:
My friend is having her 21st birthday dinner next week and I really want to go because we hardly see each other, but it coincides with other peoples' party plans and aghghghh. The friend said that she will hog-tie me to the roof of her car if she has to, but is it a bit rude to ask her for a lift to her own party...? Plus they're all going out on the town after dinner, which I don't doooo, so if I did get a lift up to the restaurant, how would I get hooooooome. u___u

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3224 on: January 26, 2015, 10:06:18 PM »
1) I think we need a new thread for that.  You had message 18,000 -- eighteen thousand! -- in this thread, and SSSS stage-setting/cosplay deserves a room all its own, I believe.  (Ideally, not one with locked doors and leather restraints... unless safe words are involved...  ;) )

As it happens, *I* have thread-splitting powers.  Shall I use them???

2) Tell your friend what you told us -- you'd love to go but you can't drive.  If she doesn't offer a ride, ask her for suggestions.  If she doesn't suggest a bus route or something, ask if anyone else from your area is going, and if you can get in touch with them to set up a carpool.  Who knows, it might turn out someone else doesn't want to end the evening drunkenly puking in the gutters at 2 a.m.! 

1) I really really really feel like it would be so much fun to build a troll....a fake troll... not cause the actual Cataclysm or anything ;)
But alas, it would be nigh impossible. But, it did get me thinking about set dressing and prop design and lighting in regards to the visual style of SSSS...and.... *breathes deeply because that would be too amazing*
Anywho. I just thought I would list my thoughts (a list because my head is in no shape to do actual cohesive sentences) because I feel like talking about stuffs...but can't talk. :/
  • SSSS themed haunted house/halloween
  • The colour palettes: if in a film-medium, (live action) would on-set lighting be a thing? or post-filming effect
  • would sets be made in comic-palletes or real-life palettes
  • how fun would making a life-size troll prop be? Or just making any of the sets?
  • if a film-medium, would people prefer mostly on-set effects, or would they be replaced with CGI? (e.g. The Thing- 1982 vs The Thing- 20whatever)
  • the question of live-action, 2D animation or CG animation
  • anime/animated series, live action series, feature film asdfghjkl
  • would rash beast/troll garden decorations be a good idea?
  • maybe i should try sculpting a rash-being?

I'm not even sure if the GDT is the place for this...

This is GD though:
2) My friend is having her 21st birthday dinner next week and I really want to go because we hardly see each other, but it coincides with other peoples' party plans and aghghghh. The friend said that she will hog-tie me to the roof of her car if she has to, but is it a bit rude to ask her for a lift to her own party...? Plus they're all going out on the town after dinner, which I don't doooo, so if I did get a lift up to the restaurant, how would I get hooooooome. u___u