Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387251 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2910 on: January 10, 2015, 11:05:18 AM »
Sorry to disturb the nice atmosphere, but.... aarrgh. I had planned a nice afternoon with two friends, which now had to be canceled - the storm has apparently thrown some trees on the train rails, all connections are cancelled and they couldn't get here. So now I have to eat alone all the muffins I baked.  :-\

I guess this is a nice opportunity for me to ruin the atmosphere even further, then. I was supposed to go to a friend's birthday party today, and afterwards I was going to stay over and we'd watch movies and draw and have lots of fun. But it was cancelled due to the storm, and now I have to stay at home, which normally would be totally okay, but my mum is super depressed, and she's been crying ever since I got home two hours ago, and there's nothing I can do about it. Whenever I try talking to her, even if I'm just asking about dinner, she either starts crying even more or she gets really mad at me (like to the point that she's almost screaming at me). So right now I'm hiding in my room, and I can hear her talking to my grandmother on the phone, and she's crying, and it's just awful. I'm really sorry for bothering you guys with this, but my parents are divorced and my brother is already upset enough about this, so I have literally no one to talk to and I feel really, really lonely right now

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2911 on: January 10, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
No, I'm going to space and you'll be green with envy. Just you wait.

Good luck.

I guess this is a nice opportunity for me to ruin the atmosphere even further, then. I was supposed to go to a friend's birthday party today, and afterwards I was going to stay over and we'd watch movies and draw and have lots of fun. But it was cancelled due to the storm, and now I have to stay at home, which normally would be totally okay, but my mum is super depressed, and she's been crying ever since I got home two hours ago, and there's nothing I can do about it. Whenever I try talking to her, even if I'm just asking about dinner, she either starts crying even more or she gets really mad at me (like to the point that she's almost screaming at me). So right now I'm hiding in my room, and I can hear her talking to my grandmother on the phone, and she's crying, and it's just awful. I'm really sorry for bothering you guys with this, but my parents are divorced and my brother is already upset enough about this, so I have literally no one to talk to and I feel really, really lonely right now

Aww, sheesh, that sounds horrible. If there's anything you need, or if you just want to talk, I'll be on all day.  I wish there was anything more I could do.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2912 on: January 10, 2015, 11:12:12 AM »

Aww, that's terrible. I don't think I'll be online much today, but I'll offer you my sympathy, and virtual hugs.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2913 on: January 10, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »
Aww, that's terrible. I don't think I'll be online much today, but I'll offer you my sympathy, and virtual hugs.

Thanks, it really helps more than you might think c:

Aww, sheesh, that sounds horrible. If there's anything you need, or if you just want to talk, I'll be on all day.  I wish there was anything more I could do.

I kind of really want to take you up on that offer, but at the same time I don't want to be a bother to anyone :/

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #2914 on: January 10, 2015, 11:35:26 AM »
I kind of really want to take you up on that offer, but at the same time I don't want to be a bother to anyone :/

Trust me. Not a bother. It's important for me to know that I can help anyone, no matter how little.
 Mostly quiet.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2915 on: January 10, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure that by now I've completely shattered the illusion that I'm always happy and positive

Trust me. Not a bother. It's important for me to know that I can help anyone, no matter how little.
Okay then, I'll PM you. Thanks c:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #2916 on: January 10, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure that by now I've completely shattered the illusion that I'm always happy and positive

Noone is always happy and positive.  :-\
 Mostly quiet.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #2917 on: January 10, 2015, 11:58:23 AM »
I guess this is a nice opportunity for me to ruin the atmosphere even further, then...

(((( HUGS ))))

So sorry things are bad. I hope it all picks up before too long.
My one-and-only: :uk:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2918 on: January 10, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »
*adds in to hugs* I know you're already talking with Kitty, but if you need another pair of ears (or eyes in our case), I'm here.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2919 on: January 10, 2015, 12:36:07 PM »
Noone is always happy and positive.  :-\

I know, but people always seem to think that I am. I know it's completely irrational, but I'm so used to being the one comforting others, and everyone expects me to be the cheerful, smiling girl who can't ever sit still, so when the roles are reversed it makes me feel really guilty and uncomfortable. I can't help but feel like I'm letting people down (which I guess is why I'm here ruining the mood for everyone instead of just talking to someone from school or something like I'm supposed to)

*adds in to hugs* I know you're already talking with Kitty, but if you need another pair of ears (or eyes in our case), I'm here.
(((( HUGS ))))

So sorry things are bad. I hope it all picks up before too long.

Now I started crying for real (but it's a good kind of crying, I swear. Somehow knowing that you guys care makes me feel like I'm allowed to be sad?). And I hope so too, although it doesn't really seem like it...

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2920 on: January 10, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
there's nothing I can do about it. Whenever I try talking to her, even if I'm just asking about dinner, she either starts crying even more or she gets really mad at me (like to the point that she's almost screaming at me). So right now I'm hiding in my room, and I can hear her talking to my grandmother on the phone, and she's crying, and it's just awful.
It's with people as it is with the weather sometimes - you just have to hunker down and wait out the storm. Or maybe just get a temporary change of scenery.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:56:54 PM by Fimbulvarg »

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #2921 on: January 10, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »
Now I started crying for real (but it's a good kind of crying, I swear. Somehow knowing that you guys care makes me feel like I'm allowed to be sad?). And I hope so too, although it doesn't really seem like it...

Now listen here, young lady. Even the most cheerful ball of sunshine is allowed to be sad when things get though. Everyone needs to talk to someone sometimes, or else they wouldn't have the energy to help others. This is what friends are for: a smile when you're happy, and a shoulder to cry on when you're not.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2922 on: January 10, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
Now listen here, young lady. Even the most cheerful ball of sunshine is allowed to be sad when things get though. Everyone needs to talk to someone sometimes, or else they wouldn't have the energy to help others. This is what friends are for: a smile when you're happy, and a shoulder to cry on when you're not.

*nod nod nod*
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2923 on: January 10, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
I guess this is a nice opportunity for me to ruin the atmosphere even further, then.

Aw. :( I hope things get better for you.

And don't worry about "ruining the mood." We're here to talk about, well, life in general, and life in general isn't always sunshine and flowers.

I cannot second (or third) this enough.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2924 on: January 10, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
As someone who keeps things to himself, I'll just say this is good advice.  You can only keep things under wraps for so long, until it becomes unhealthy for you (and I'm speaking from experience, mind you).  So get it out, think about what you say and hear, and meditate on what you need.  Sorry to hear things aren't going so well, but I hope we can help make things a little better.
Feel free to PM.