Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387586 times)

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2895 on: January 09, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »
Guys, you're all being so fluffy and nice and emotional and it's making me smile. Never stop. :)
No, seriously, I was sort of down this morning because of things and then I log on here and we're all just telling each other how much we love each other and it helped a lot. I don't care about "scary internet people", you guys are good for me.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2896 on: January 09, 2015, 04:45:36 PM »
Heh, since we're all being really emotional, I didn't really need this forum, but I'm so glad I found it. I've always been that one girl who never had any friends, you know? There's one everywhere, and in my case it was always me. Okay, so I've had friends, but mostly got separated from them for one reason or the other. So coming across people who actually like me for who I am... It's wonderful. It fills me with joy. Okay, I'm getting really emotional here but really. I don't care whether you're 15 or 56, whether you live in Norway or the US. You people are friends to me, even according to my over-idealistic concept of friendship.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #2897 on: January 09, 2015, 04:51:07 PM »
Heh, since we're all being really emotional, I didn't really need this forum, but I'm so glad I found it. I've always been that one girl who never had any friends, you know? There's one everywhere, and in my case it was always me. Okay, so I've had friends, but mostly got separated from them for one reason or the other. So coming across people who actually like me for who I am... It's wonderful. It fills me with joy. Okay, I'm getting really emotional here but really. I don't care whether you're 15 or 56, whether you live in Norway or the US. You people are friends to me, even according to my over-idealistic concept of friendship.

Hey, friendship is an idealistic, wonderful and important thing. I would rather have friends than a house I think. They are important and should be chosen with care.
 Mostly quiet.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #2898 on: January 09, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
You're all just... awww.  :) Now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm really happy we all have found our way into this nice community.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #2899 on: January 09, 2015, 05:07:35 PM »
You're all just... awww.  :) Now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm really happy we all have found our way into this nice community.

I know, right? I loved this place from the moment I saw it.
 Mostly quiet.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2900 on: January 09, 2015, 05:31:31 PM »
Aww, guys.  Well, I'll probably have a hard time with this because I have a cold and feel rather crappy but... You're all awesome, and I love spending my time here.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to start the forum, it's been a lot of fun, kept me busy and happy, and been a gateway to new things for me (I seriously never thought I'd learn another language, and now I'm just doing it for fun!).  We've got a third of the first year down, and I can't wait to finish the rest of this year and start the next one.  :)  Oh, and you're all either internet friends or pen pals, to me.  Though, to my dad you're all just friends. 
Feel free to PM.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2901 on: January 09, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »
Because I am bad at sorting out my thoughts, [insert fuzziness here]. But seriously, this is the first Internet Place that has felt welcoming...and...well, I'm sort of in Nimphy's situation, so having people with whom to complain to about essays or to geek out with or to try writing novels with has been really amazing. (I have probably butchered every proper use of prepositions in that last "sentence", but fuzziness overrules grammar) And...yeah. Even if I don't know any of your real names. Okay, I'll stop being emotional now.

Hope you get better soon, Eich. I also see Nimphy has competition now. :P

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #2902 on: January 09, 2015, 06:03:38 PM »
My exams and essays and... are old memories now, yet I'm as glad as you to find this place :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:31:06 AM by FrogEater »
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #2903 on: January 09, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »
As a newbie(ish), well, you all seem really friendly. Probably can't go fuzzier than that at the moment, but this does feel like an unusually pleasant corner of the internet.

On the topic of paper in schools, years and years ago our old headmaster completely messed up the school budget and fled with what money was left, leaving us really short on money for a while. This was before it was at all feasible in my area to ask people to work online, so we ended up all being given worksheets up to an eighth as big as they were meant to be, to save on paper. Dark times...

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #2904 on: January 10, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »
Sorry to disturb the nice atmosphere, but.... aarrgh. I had planned a nice afternoon with two friends, which now had to be canceled - the storm has apparently thrown some trees on the train rails, all connections are cancelled and they couldn't get here. So now I have to eat alone all the muffins I baked.  :-\
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #2905 on: January 10, 2015, 10:14:04 AM »
No nice neighbours, lonely old lady, awful nephews... to share them with ?
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Fen Shen

• Ranger
« Reply #2906 on: January 10, 2015, 10:24:41 AM »
I already tried the neighbours, they're not at home. Buuut if I manage to save some muffins for tomorrow, they might help me to eat them then. ;)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2907 on: January 10, 2015, 10:46:58 AM »
Sorry to disturb the nice atmosphere, but.... aarrgh. I had planned a nice afternoon with two friends, which now had to be canceled - the storm has apparently thrown some trees on the train rails, all connections are cancelled and they couldn't get here. So now I have to eat alone all the muffins I baked.  :-\

Glad we're not the only ones with silly weather. The wind ripped a sizable chunk of roof off our shed and we have no idea where it went. It's probably on the moon by now. Word has it that the few planes that are actually flying are doing barrel-rolls all over the place.

It's a good day to try out my new Nike running jacket though.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:54:09 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Fenris

« Reply #2908 on: January 10, 2015, 10:56:49 AM »
It's a good day to try out my new Nike running jacket though.
You are crazy. In the best possible way.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2909 on: January 10, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
You are crazy. In the best possible way.
No, I'm going to space and you'll be green with envy. Just you wait.