Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387535 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2805 on: January 07, 2015, 12:05:43 AM »
Awwww no! *bops swearing person on the face* I would love some cold weather :( the veranda is too hot to walk on barefoot, and my boots are black and were left in the sun so it was like having to choose the lesser of two evils when I went out to hang up laundry. At least it will dry super fast....

awwww. Maybe Eich will be able to invent a machine with which we could send each other weather conditions for the perfect temperature mix. that would be soooo nice.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2806 on: January 07, 2015, 12:17:47 AM »

awwww. Maybe Eich will be able to invent a machine with which we could send each other weather conditions for the perfect temperature mix. that would be soooo nice.

Anyone somewhere where it's ~70°F?  ;) 24° is unpleasant.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2807 on: January 07, 2015, 12:23:12 AM »

I can offer 33 °F?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2808 on: January 07, 2015, 12:25:59 AM »

I would offer our 45°F but I'm actually pretty happy with it and it's not exactly what you're looking for.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2809 on: January 07, 2015, 12:29:23 AM »
I can offer 33 °F?
I would offer our 45°F but I'm actually pretty happy with it and it's not exactly what you're looking for.

Still too cold! It'll actually get up to 45° here tomorrow, I believe. Maybe I should lower the request to 60°F...? :)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

asdasdasd2

• Mostly says meaningless things.
« Reply #2810 on: January 07, 2015, 12:32:33 AM »
Will 39.5 do?
English, Hindi, Punjabi.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2811 on: January 07, 2015, 12:43:16 AM »
Will 39.5 do?

For now, a blanket will do just fine.  :) I hardly leave the house anyway.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2812 on: January 07, 2015, 01:59:45 AM »
For now, a blanket will do just fine.  :) I hardly leave the house anyway.
I have 35°C? (..95°F?) You want it? You WANT IT? *heat crazed eye twitching*
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:01:40 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2813 on: January 07, 2015, 02:18:42 AM »
I have 35°C? (..95°F?) You want it? You WANT IT? *heat crazed eye twitching*

I... uh... no thank you? Or rather should I say - would you like my -3°C? I'd gladly give it to you.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2814 on: January 07, 2015, 02:22:23 AM »
I... uh... no thank you? Or rather should I say - would you like my -3°C? I'd gladly give it to you.
I would love some minus temperatures right now ;_____; but it would be bad for crops :( I'll have to enduuuure~ *soap-opera dramatics*

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2815 on: January 07, 2015, 02:38:32 AM »
I would love some minus temperatures right now ;_____; but it would be bad for crops :( I'll have to enduuuure~ *soap-opera dramatics*

Well... at least it's not above 100°F! That's close to actual hell.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2816 on: January 07, 2015, 06:00:24 AM »
We're stuck at just above freezing. Still cold, but wet. Anyone have any negative degrees for me? I want snow.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2817 on: January 07, 2015, 06:08:48 AM »
I saw one of the biggest funnel web spiders I have ever seen today: it was jauntily zigzagging upside-down across its web at the speed of light inches above my head, resulting in a silent-Eich-scream and stooped retreat from me, which is odd because I was practically covered in tiny spiders this morning and was totally cool with it. What changed O__O

Also! Random: Whilst reading about the rules of my degree, I think I might be able to squish in a third minor! Maybe.
Maybe I can quietly do the units, and then if I don't pull an Emil-fail and pass, I'll get them listed as a minor. *thoughtful face* then my degree will sound even more random and useless!! and expensive X'D Yeah!
*cries*
I finally filled in a scary hospital form yesterday too, (Yay! Achievement!) which made me realise that I have sadly not yet gotten over the dumb fear of general anaesthetic OAO

How's everyone going with their new academic year? :3

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2818 on: January 07, 2015, 06:35:17 AM »
How's everyone going with their new academic year? :3

It's... alright. We start each semester here with one month of only one subject, so I'm doing molecular genetics and nothing but molecular genetics. It's pretty fun sometimes, but also complicated and slightly boring, and one of our lecturers is old and forgetful and makes a whole bunch of dumb mistakes. I am also apparently very emotionally invested in proteins.

I forgot to tell you guys. I saw auroras a few days ago! Actual, glowing auroras! It's only the second time I've seen them that big. It was totally awesome. This is why I go out at night.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2819 on: January 07, 2015, 06:48:05 AM »
It's... alright. We start each semester here with one month of only one subject, so I'm doing molecular genetics and nothing but molecular genetics. It's pretty fun sometimes, but also complicated and slightly boring, and one of our lecturers is old and forgetful and makes a whole bunch of dumb mistakes. I am also apparently very emotionally invested in proteins.

I forgot to tell you guys. I saw auroras a few days ago! Actual, glowing auroras! It's only the second time I've seen them that big. It was totally awesome. This is why I go out at night.
You can be emotionally invested in them if you want ;P I saw on a science show (much factual, very research ;P)  that emotional tears contain proteins that thicken the tears to make them easily visible on peoples faces because of some evolved primal instinct to pay attention to tears or...something...
That's...kinda related? Right? My head just did a brain-google of "emotions proteins science" and that was the lame-o search result...

Auroras!! Nice! :O
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:49:45 AM by OrigamiOwl »