Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387325 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2790 on: January 06, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
Ohhhh JoB lives only some 60 km away from here. Nice :D
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2791 on: January 06, 2015, 03:34:55 PM »
Ohhhh JoB lives only some 60 km away from here. Nice :D

I just noticed the map. Apparently I also live really close to someone else here, though I'm too scared enigmatic to put down my actual location.

Granted anyone who did Nanowrimo can easily find out/ already knows where I live, pinpointed to region of state...

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2792 on: January 06, 2015, 03:36:35 PM »
I just noticed the map. Apparently I also live really close to someone else here, though I'm too scared enigmatic to put down my actual location.

Granted anyone who did Nanowrimo can easily find out/ already knows where I live, pinpointed to region of state...
Whaaaaaat? A map? Where?! :0
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2793 on: January 06, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »
Whaaaaaat? A map? Where?! :0

Here's my link, but I think it drives you to change my location. Don't do it, just close the pop up and click "additions" :3 (https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1262583)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2794 on: January 06, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
Here's my link, but I think it drives you to change my location. Don't do it, just close the pop up and click "additions" :3 (https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1262583)
Done! Whoo!
I'm....so alone X''D
My town's too little and specific to pinpoint, (eg: *Minion googles town* "hey! That must be Owl's house!") so I just pinned my closest city- leaving the other cities for Lenny ;P

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #2795 on: January 06, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
My label is now on there! It's purposefully not specific, just did the closest large city to where I live. You'd probably find me there every now and then for shopping and library, and not much else.
Am notified of private messages via email.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2796 on: January 06, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »
So I'm back to studying, back on the forum and starting molecular genetics!

yay
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2797 on: January 06, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
So I'm back to studying, back on the forum and starting molecular genetics!

yay
:D  Yeah!  Glad to have you back!
Back to studying with me as well.  Time for thermodynamics and fluid mechanics in the same semester.  *Dies*

The last two days have been extremely weird.  The replacement for my roommate who left showed up yesterday, and he's a freshman, which is unusual.  Freshman don't typically live in my area, and he's now rooming with people two years ahead of him.  Also, my frat boy roommate apparently got signed up to live somewhere else without his knowledge, so he's gone too.  His frat signed him up for it.  So, now I have my own room, and a new roommate who is in a completely different stage of life.  Also, today I went to work to help the guy replacing me, and talked for 4 hours straight.  I haven't talked that long... I can't even remember if I've ever talked that long.  Anyway, pseudo-rant over, classes start tomorrow, and soon I'll know whether my schedule is still forum-friendly or not.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2798 on: January 06, 2015, 06:36:51 PM »
:D  Yeah!  Glad to have you back!
Back to studying with me as well.  Time for thermodynamics and fluid mechanics in the same semester.  *Dies*

Thermodynamics was my least favourite part of meteorology. Latent heat and adiabatic processes can go *mumble grumble*

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2799 on: January 06, 2015, 06:50:51 PM »
Thermodynamics was my least favourite part of meteorology. Latent heat and adiabatic processes can go *mumble grumble*
I did a lot of adiabatic processes in the intro class last year, but now... we go deeper!  Combine that with having no idea who my teacher is (let alone whether I got the good one of not), and I'm in for a weird first week.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2800 on: January 06, 2015, 11:04:11 PM »
Heh, I was sitting in my room, watching videos and being a general loser, when I heard the piano in the living room playing. And I thought "oh, that's nice to hear..." And then I suddenly realised that my piano-playing sister is at a sleepover and no one else here plays, and I was like "WHO Is plAYINGGGGG?!" D: "A GHOST WITH ONly three chords but DECENT APPEGIOS?!" D: D: D:

Turns out it was just some Dutch dude.

U___U

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2801 on: January 06, 2015, 11:10:30 PM »
Heh, I was sitting in my room, watching videos and being a general loser, when I heard the piano in the living room playing. And I thought "oh, that's nice to hear..." And then I suddenly realised that my piano-playing sister is at a sleepover and no one else here plays, and I was like "WHO Is plAYINGGGGG?!" D: "A GHOST WITH ONly three chords but DECENT APPEGIOS?!" D: D: D:

Turns out it was just some Dutch dude.

U___U
Why was there just some Dutch dude in your living room??
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2802 on: January 06, 2015, 11:27:47 PM »
Why was there just some Dutch dude in your living room??
Oh, he works here. Dad had brought all the workers inside for a break because it's so hot outside! :3
There was also a nice German girl (Mr Dutchman's girlfriend) and a Japanese guy too. Just chillin'

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2803 on: January 06, 2015, 11:51:51 PM »
Oh, he works here. Dad had brought all the workers inside for a break because it's so hot outside! :3
There was also a nice German girl (Mr Dutchman's girlfriend) and a Japanese guy too. Just chillin'

could nyou send some heat please? getting up at this time feels soooooo cooooold.
I tried to sneak back into bed, but got told that my *!%& bell rung for a reason.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2804 on: January 07, 2015, 12:03:29 AM »
could nyou send some heat please? getting up at this time feels soooooo cooooold.
I tried to sneak back into bed, but got told that my *!%& bell rung for a reason.
Awwww no! *bops swearing person on the face* I would love some cold weather :( the veranda is too hot to walk on barefoot, and my boots are black and were left in the sun so it was like having to choose the lesser of two evils when I went out to hang up laundry. At least it will dry super fast....