Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387686 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2610 on: December 25, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS, FORUM FRIENDS!  ;D
(just turned Christmas in east coast America)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2611 on: December 25, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »

Yay! Have fun!

Three more hours for us on the west coast. I could stay up, but I think I'll sleep instead. (Hmmm... That probably goes in the good-night thread.)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2612 on: December 25, 2014, 12:54:30 AM »
Yeaaaaaaaah!  Happy times, woo!
I already forgot most of what I asked for, too, so most of mt gifts are going to be surprises.  :))
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2613 on: December 25, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »
Yeaaaaaaaah!  Happy times, woo!
I already forgot most of what I asked for, too, so most of mt gifts are going to be surprises.  :))
Surprises are the best gifts! :D

hehe I got some interesting gifts from my grandparents today.... O__O
- tiny socks. They're too small, but they have hearts on them so I forced them onto my feet. They're super slippy in the kitchen...i'll have to watch out for that...
- handkerchiefs
- a christian romance novel (that is actually its genre. I didn't know that was a genre!) with lots of Bible quotes

Maybe you'll get some surprise lacy handkerchiefs too Eich? X'P heheh (<-- I'm semi-delerious from tiredness and it's only 5.10pm ;__;)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2614 on: December 25, 2014, 01:31:42 AM »
Surprises are the best gifts! :D

hehe I got some interesting gifts from my grandparents today.... O__O
- tiny socks. They're too small, but they have hearts on them so I forced them onto my feet. They're super slippy in the kitchen...i'll have to watch out for that...
- handkerchiefs
- a christian romance novel (that is actually its genre. I didn't know that was a genre!) with lots of Bible quotes

Maybe you'll get some surprise lacy handkerchiefs too Eich? X'P heheh (<-- I'm semi-delerious from tiredness and it's only 5.10pm ;__;)
Well, slippery socks are my favorite, personally.  You can ski through the kitchen, now!  I have heard tales of the Christian romance novels.  None of the girls at my (Christian) high school read them, they just read Twilight and Hunger Games like everyone else.  Actually... This reminds me, I got the entire LotR collection last year, but I haven't touched them, yet... 

The only thing I remember asking for was Little Big Planet 3, which I'm SSSSOOOOOOOOO excited for, I can scarcely contain myself.  Sometimes I wish I had the free time of high school again, because I really want to dive into that game's builder as deeply as I can.  Oh, we should probably move this to the winter holidays thread, huh?
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2615 on: December 25, 2014, 01:35:11 AM »
Well, slippery socks are my favorite, personally.  You can ski through the kitchen, now!  I have heard tales of the Christian romance novels.  None of the girls at my (Christian) high school read them, they just read Twilight and Hunger Games like everyone else.  Actually... This reminds me, I got the entire LotR collection last year, but I haven't touched them, yet... 

The only thing I remember asking for was Little Big Planet 3, which I'm SSSSOOOOOOOOO excited for, I can scarcely contain myself.  Sometimes I wish I had the free time of high school again, because I really want to dive into that game's builder as deeply as I can.  Oh, we should probably move this to the winter holidays thread, huh?
Maybe. Maybe.

But sock sliding is pretty General Discussion isn't it? :o

EDIT: if you wanted to move it over to the WH Thread you can...I'm back on my phone and I'm not sure I can do that....
Unless you just meant actually hopping over there. :P
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:49:17 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2616 on: December 25, 2014, 02:44:49 AM »
Christmas! Yayy!

You know, when I insisted that gifts were not important I kinda expected that mom did not completely forget a gift for me... But that's fine. My sister was a sweetheart and gave me a German dictionary, aww. Dad gave me a matching shirt for his Doctor Who one :) for the rest, I'll receive my gifts on New Year's, as tradition! (I can't wait for the Secret Santa one!)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2617 on: December 25, 2014, 03:03:33 AM »
Christmas! Yayy!

You know, when I insisted that gifts were not important I kinda expected that mom did not completely forget a gift for me... But that's fine. My sister was a sweetheart and gave me a German dictionary, aww. Dad gave me a matching shirt for his Doctor Who one :) for the rest, I'll receive my gifts on New Year's, as tradition! (I can't wait for the Secret Santa one!)
Aww the dictionary and shirt sound like cool presents! :3 happy Christmas!
How's the mountain trip? :))

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #2618 on: December 25, 2014, 03:04:35 AM »
I got Sai as a surprise present. They are pretty heavy and I'll have to practise a lot before I can really handle them (the tip is somewhat sharp and I'm a bit afraid I might drop them on my feet someday...)

A Christian romance novel... that sounds like a lot of fun to read :D The kind of fun you have while watching trash movies ;)
And yay, a German dictionary! *proud of eager little student*
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2619 on: December 25, 2014, 03:42:54 AM »
Aww the dictionary and shirt sound like cool presents! :3 happy Christmas!
How's the mountain trip? :))

Nice! No snow, and no one wants to go out, but yesterday we spent the last three hours before sleeping just discussing about stuff and listening to rock music, all together ('cept for little cousins and my sister).

And my little sister and cousin both got skateboards for Christmas. So unfair, why can they ride skateboards while dad won't even let me try using one inside! Not like I'm in any more danger than they are! *grumblegrumble* Why can't I have a normal number of trombocites, damn it!

And to Fen Shen: my German skills are now 33,3333% better! And those Sai look lovely, good luck in using them!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2620 on: December 25, 2014, 03:43:26 AM »
I got Sai as a surprise present. They are pretty heavy and I'll have to practise a lot before I can really handle them (the tip is somewhat sharp and I'm a bit afraid I might drop them on my feet someday...)

A Christian romance novel... that sounds like a lot of fun to read :D The kind of fun you have while watching trash movies ;)
And yay, a German dictionary! *proud of eager little student*
SAI!! :0

It sounds.....readable, maybe. It's about a divorced couple who gave away their son, but are all reunited when the son is 17, and the big question the book asks is Will Sarah give him another chance? And some stuff about how her ex is demolishing her homeless shelter.... It definitely has...uh..potential? Like, a rom-com? Where com is for commitment?

Nice! No snow, and no one wants to go out, but yesterday we spent the last three hours before sleeping just discussing about stuff and listening to rock music, all together ('cept for little cousins and my sister).

And my little sister and cousin both got skateboards for Christmas. So unfair, why can they ride skateboards while dad won't even let me try using one inside! Not like I'm in any more danger than they are! *grumblegrumble* Why can't I have a normal number of trombocites, damn it!

And to Fen Shen: my German skills are now 33,3333% better! And those Sai look lovely, good luck in using them!

Awwww if it's any consolation, I've never been allowed to use a skateboard or skates either :(
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 03:47:45 AM by OrigamiOwl »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2621 on: December 25, 2014, 05:41:04 AM »
So Christmas turned out to be a little bit different this year.

Those who have family around them: Tell em you love em. Tell em no matter what arguments you head in live, you are willing to solve them together. Give everybody a warm hug please. If anything bad happens, remember that hug.

For me it will be searching for a candle now...
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2622 on: December 25, 2014, 07:44:01 AM »
Christmas! Yayy!

A German dictionary? Aren't those so fun? I like taking my finger and picking random words out of mine - great pass time. One person forgetting your Christmas gift isn't too bad; the entire family forgot my birthday is a thing this year. I never told them they forgot, but they eventually figured it out. (I think it would have been more fun to "not" get older.

And a Christian romance novel? I may have to find one of those just to see what it is.

Snow? What's snow?

So Christmas turned out to be a little bit different this year.

Those who have family around them: Tell em you love em. Tell em no matter what arguments you head in live, you are willing to solve them together. Give everybody a warm hug please. If anything bad happens, remember that hug.

For me it will be searching for a candle now...

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who both likes hugs and is physically able to give a good one in the family.
Did the power go out? Or are candles yet another tradition I'm unaware of?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 07:51:38 AM by StellersJayC »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2623 on: December 25, 2014, 08:38:54 AM »
A German dictionary? Aren't those so fun? I like taking my finger and picking random words out of mine - great pass time.
Sorry, still hung up with that site over there ...

Did the power go out? Or are candles yet another tradition I'm unaware of?
Not as much of a declared tradition as it gets in the Nordics, but Germans do have a less-pronounced equivalent of the Danish hygge and lighting places - especially Christmas trees - with a few small candles instead of workplace-grade UVV-approved electric supernovae pretty much hits it center mass. :D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2624 on: December 25, 2014, 07:45:12 PM »
That hair one.