Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387541 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2460 on: December 17, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »
I'll join you in the not knowing what to say club.
Me too. I never really know what to say. Especially in a real life conversation.  :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2461 on: December 17, 2014, 05:34:59 PM »
I do know what to say. Seems the forum is to me what social networks are to other people, so consider this a tweet or something. Today was a friend's birthday. We went to her place, had lunch, played a few car races (it was hilarious, since one of us couldn't even go in the right direction, let alone try and win races, while another one had never played the game before yet managed to arrive first), then opened her gifts. All fine, she received some nice things (and some not-so-nice things, among which a children's book called "The hippo's snot" as a joke gift)... And Just Dance. So I was forced to dance. And not just that, I was forced to dance "What does the fox say"  :-[

On the plus side, I've got some excellent blackmailing material now... >:D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:37:52 PM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2462 on: December 17, 2014, 05:52:53 PM »
I do know what to say. Seems the forum is to me what social networks are to other people, so consider this a tweet or something. Today was a friend's birthday. We went to her place, had lunch, played a few car races (it was hilarious, since one of us couldn't even go in the right direction, let alone try and win races, while another one had never played the game before yet managed to arrive first), then opened her gifts. All fine, she received some nice things (and some not-so-nice things, among which a children's book called "The hippo's snot" as a joke gift)... And Just Dance. So I was forced to dance. And not just that, I was forced to dance "What does the fox say"  :-[

Ee! That sounds fun! X'D I remember when me and my friends were your age, and had birthday parties....and I totally agree: sooooo much blackmail material >:-)
Material that lasts for yeeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrssssssss....
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2463 on: December 17, 2014, 06:17:50 PM »

Ok, the forum is very much like a social network for me too. (And I can say so much more on here than I can on Facebook) I suppose I just have nothing to say recently because my life's been boring, heh.
Ah, I miss birthday parties like that. All the birthday parties I went to in high school sucked because all they were were social gatherings. Like just talking. And I'm not good at that. -_-
Anyway, I do have some good news - I just found out that my final grade for painting class is an A+(the highest grade)! Before I started that class, I actually had it in my mind that I was a bad painter. I seriously can't comprehend why I thought that anymore. But yes, my self-confidence with painting has been boosted.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2464 on: December 17, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »
Anyway, I do have some good news - I just found out that my final grade for painting class is an A+(the highest grade)! Before I started that class, I actually had it in my mind that I was a bad painter. I seriously can't comprehend why I thought that anymore. But yes, my self-confidence with painting has been boosted.

Aw yeah! ;D

(And I agree about the birthday parties. The few I attended usually involved me drifting around the edges of rooms, trying to look occupied.)

I do know what to say. Seems the forum is to me what social networks are to other people, so consider this a tweet or something.

Same for me, though it could just be a lack/ unwillingness to share in other places on my part. And so, an obligatory random thing that you probably didn't need to know: I am currently binge-listening to all the interesting Writing Excuses podcasts, which is most of them, and also conveniently ignoring the fact that I have something I need to write up which is due tomorrow.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2465 on: December 17, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
Ah, I miss birthday parties like that. All the birthday parties I went to in high school sucked because all they were were social gatherings. Like just talking. And I'm not good at that. -_-
Yeah! *dances* That's awesome! :D

At our old birthday parties (we were the class rejects so it wasn't a "cool" party or anything ;P no dancing) we would just watch a movie, or eat chips, or bake food together (sometimes on a campfire) then eat it, possibly while playing truth or dare, or just talking about school. One game we always played was "chubby bubby/bunny" (I could never hear its true name) where you stuff your mouth with marshmallows and say a tongue-twister. We wouldn't even dress up, unless it was fancy dress (we had like...2 dress-up parties because we thought that our total dorkiness and the party's total dorkiness would just equal a fun time and funny photos to look back on X"D which it did.) hehe we were complete losers but we had fun doing it.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2466 on: December 17, 2014, 08:37:23 PM »
Yeah! *dances* That's awesome! :D

At our old birthday parties (we were the class rejects so it wasn't a "cool" party or anything ;P no dancing) we would just watch a movie, or eat chips, or bake food together (sometimes on a campfire) then eat it, possibly while playing truth or dare, or just talking about school. One game we always played was "chubby bubby/bunny" (I could never hear its true name) where you stuff your mouth with marshmallows and say a tongue-twister. We wouldn't even dress up, unless it was fancy dress (we had like...2 dress-up parties because we thought that our total dorkiness and the party's total dorkiness would just equal a fun time and funny photos to look back on X"D which it did.) hehe we were complete losers but we had fun doing it.
Heck, I was only invited to parties because they were usually the "invite everyone you know" type of parties... I would've much preferred dorky parties  :D
I've heard that "chubby bunny" is really dangerous though... Like that you could choke and die...I'm being morbid sorry

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2467 on: December 17, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
Heck, I was only invited to parties because they were usually the "invite everyone you know" type of parties... I would've much preferred dorky parties  :D
I've heard that "chubby bunny" is really dangerous though... Like that you could choke and die...I'm being morbid sorry
Yeah I heard that too O___O but I could never work out /how/? Like, if you've got too many marshmallows in your mouth you STOP and spit them out? And I assumed it was only as dangerous as normally stuffing your face with food. We were pretty sensible.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2468 on: December 17, 2014, 09:44:20 PM »
I'm never invited to parties.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2469 on: December 17, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »
I'm never invited to parties.
;________________;

Surely you have? What about......when....you were 5...? O__O

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2470 on: December 17, 2014, 10:28:12 PM »
Yeah I heard that too O___O but I could never work out /how/? Like, if you've got too many marshmallows in your mouth you STOP and spit them out? And I assumed it was only as dangerous as normally stuffing your face with food. We were pretty sensible.

Well maybe you could inhale a marshmallow by accident... or a few at once... I think that would be effective in killing you.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2471 on: December 17, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »
Well maybe you could inhale a marshmallow by accident... or a few at once... I think that would be effective in killing you.
Heh, me and my little sister just had a really long conversation/debate about laws and ethics and chubby bubbies.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2472 on: December 17, 2014, 11:00:01 PM »
Like I just said in the comments, I'm mostly packed up now.  Driving home tomorrow from work at 1:00!  *Yell-Sigh*
That apathy we talked about last week is hitting me pretty hard right now.  It's probably because I've been getting 4-5 hours of sleep every night for two months, plus the anticipation of being free from busywork for two whole weeks, plus some (admittedly childish) angst about it not being 3-4 weeks like the other students get to have.  Just 6 more hours of work tomorrow morning, and then I can relax for a little while... maybe start working out again... who knows?  Okay, actually, that cheered me up a bit.  I do want to get in shape again.

I don't get invited to parties.  In high school, it was because my friends and I needed our personal space.  We'd get together for birthdays and stuff, and the odd hangout session, but not much more than that.  Now, it's because I don't know anybody where I live.  :/   :\   :/
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2473 on: December 17, 2014, 11:10:44 PM »
Ok, the forum is very much like a social network for me too. (And I can say so much more on here than I can on Facebook.)

Anyway, I do have some good news - I just found out that my final grade for painting class is an A+ (the highest grade)! Before I started that class, I actually had it in my mind that I was a bad painter. I seriously can't comprehend why I thought that anymore. But yes, my self-confidence with painting has been boosted.

Congratulations!  Those of us who've seen your artwork on the Forum never doubted your skills for a minute.  But it's always great when you start believing in yourself. 

Maybe down the road you could share some of your classwork on the Forum?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2474 on: December 17, 2014, 11:13:59 PM »
Got back from the doctor's. Blood test went fine :3 however I don't think she tested for the two main reasons I wanted the test, because there's a huge family history of those, but she said there wasn't.... Hmmmb...I don't know. She said they would check the iron levels though, so one out of three...ain't....hmmmm.

Glad to hear you survived OK.  But I am not getting a good impression of your doctor.   >:(
(As if she would care what one of OrigamiOwl's invisible playmates thinks... still, I've had to go to the doctor for many things over the years, and I've rarely had such an uphill battle as what you describe.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: