Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387189 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2445 on: December 16, 2014, 09:23:21 PM »
Aww :( are you back at work already? Or was is just one of those days? :/

People-blood doesn't bother me, but animal blood weirds me out a lot, and fish blood makes me feel ill because ughhh X'S
This is my last week.  Then break.  Then school.  Then work after that semester. 
I'm working an extra hour each day to leave early on Thursday, but today, no matter how productive I was, or how much I got done, I seemed to be doing it at hyper speed.  I ran out of things to do at like 10:00.  Thankfully, one of the other co-ops had something he needed some help with, and I had a meeting at the end of the day.  All in all, it felt like two work days in one.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2446 on: December 16, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
This is my last week.  Then break.  Then school.  Then work after that semester. 
I'm working an extra hour each day to leave early on Thursday, but today, no matter how productive I was, or how much I got done, I seemed to be doing it at hyper speed.  I ran out of things to do at like 10:00.  Thankfully, one of the other co-ops had something he needed some help with, and I had a meeting at the end of the day.  All in all, it felt like two work days in one.
Ahhhhh. *sympathies* :(
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2447 on: December 16, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »
Oh man, that sucks. Tomorrow's my last day of the semester... then three weeks off yessssss. Bless whomever created winter breaks, they are very much needed. Be sure to take full advantage of your break  :D
I'm really wound down. I'm trying to write part of a paper right now but I just... can't. Also, knowing that I'm exempt from the next semester of the class makes me even less motivated...looks like I'll be staying up until 2 again -_-

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2448 on: December 17, 2014, 12:17:01 AM »
Ahhhhh. *sympathies* :(
I'm leaving early on Thursday for a good cause, though.  I'll get back home a few hours early, play something with the family, go to my uncles' store and get some fun stuff, and then back home again to watch some Parks and Rec.

Oh man, that sucks. Tomorrow's my last day of the semester... then three weeks off yessssss. Bless whomever created winter breaks, they are very much needed. Be sure to take full advantage of your break  :D
I'm really wound down. I'm trying to write part of a paper right now but I just... can't. Also, knowing that I'm exempt from the next semester of the class makes me even less motivated...looks like I'll be staying up until 2 again -_-
You, me, and ThisCat all finish this week, I think. 
I'll be taking as much out of these two-ish weeks as I possibly can.  No exams for me, though... for now.
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2449 on: December 17, 2014, 12:59:19 AM »
I have to work until Friday. I should have three weeks of holiday but with the exams comming up, make it one. This should work out fine, though.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2450 on: December 17, 2014, 01:19:01 AM »
You, me, and ThisCat all finish this week, I think. 
I'll be taking as much out of these two-ish weeks as I possibly can.  No exams for me, though... for now.
I actually didn't really have exams (per sé) - I had the one Hamlet essay, which was in-class and short, and this essay, which is hardly any different from our other essays... and must I say, I despise the way my teacher structures our essays. She leaves no room for analysis at all. It's all just finding a bunch of facts about a bunch of different art pieces and stringing them all together... IT'S NOT FUN.  :P

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2451 on: December 17, 2014, 01:34:51 AM »
I actually didn't really have exams (per sé) - I had the one Hamlet essay, which was in-class and short, and this essay, which is hardly any different from our other essays... and must I say, I despise the way my teacher structures our essays. She leaves no room for analysis at all. It's all just finding a bunch of facts about a bunch of different art pieces and stringing them all together... IT'S NOT FUN.  :P

I have school until Friday and then a two-week break. Semester finals aren't until the second week of January. Yay.
And that Hamlet essay I wrote a few weeks ago? I spent hours last weekend revising it because I thought we were supposed to and learned yesterday that I'd misheard and we weren't supposed - effectively wasting time I could have spent writing an essay on The Great Gatsby that's due Thursday. Ah well, that's what four-hour volunteer gift-wrapping shifts at the bookstore are for, right? Writing essays, reading history textbooks, and drawing emus.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2452 on: December 17, 2014, 01:52:49 AM »
I have school until Friday and then a two-week break. Semester finals aren't until the second week of January. Yay.
And that Hamlet essay I wrote a few weeks ago? I spent hours last weekend revising it because I thought we were supposed to and learned yesterday that I'd misheard and we weren't supposed - effectively wasting time I could have spent writing an essay on The Great Gatsby that's due Thursday. Ah well, that's what four-hour volunteer gift-wrapping shifts at the bookstore are for, right? Writing essays, reading history textbooks, and drawing emus.
Clearly you have a much better work ethic than I do... If a teacher told me to revise my essay, I'd just look through it once and be done, and probably only take five minutes. Ha, and my writing professor always stresses that we proofread our essays... I don't even do that. I'm kind of afraid of how my Hamlet essay actually sounded.(Shows how much I care about essays)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2453 on: December 17, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
I had a real shit of a day. I intended to talk with my mentor about her having many problems at present and seeming absent minded. Because of that I got the feeling, that assumed that she might stop practical training for a while until she had sorted out her private matters, so that people going through the practical training would not have to jump in constantly for her. At present, that's me. It is not nice to hear such a thing. But she felt really hurt and that was not what I intended. I clearly chose the wrong words and she told me it was all my fault. If I had only asked for mor assistance she would have given it. Also she stated, that she felt being pushed of from leading the class because I took so many lessons. What it comes down to is that both of us had not talked enough about our needs. We did not make clear what we felt was necessary for each of us for reaching pleasant teamwork. As both of us had not done right, I feel sad, that the fault should lie on my only. I'm always for talking things out. But I think it might have been better if I had swallowed my troubles for a few month, at least til after the exam. It makes me feel uncomfortable to make other people sad. Well, it cannot be made undone. We will have to work together for the next days. And after the christmas break we will have to talk thing out again. Time sometimes makes both sides sea thing more clearly.

Just had to put it somewhere to put some order into my thoughts.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2454 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »
I had a real s*** of a day. I intended to talk with my mentor about her having many problems at present and seeming absent minded. Because of that I got the feeling, that assumed that she might stop practical training for a while until she had sorted out her private matters, so that people going through the practical training would not have to jump in constantly for her. At present, that's me. It is not nice to hear such a thing. But she felt really hurt and that was not what I intended. I clearly chose the wrong words and she told me it was all my fault. If I had only asked for mor assistance she would have given it. Also she stated, that she felt being pushed of from leading the class because I took so many lessons. What it comes down to is that both of us had not talked enough about our needs. We did not make clear what we felt was necessary for each of us for reaching pleasant teamwork. As both of us had not done right, I feel sad, that the fault should lie on my only. I'm always for talking things out. But I think it might have been better if I had swallowed my troubles for a few month, at least til after the exam. It makes me feel uncomfortable to make other people sad. Well, it cannot be made undone. We will have to work together for the next days. And after the christmas break we will have to talk thing out again. Time sometimes makes both sides sea thing more clearly.

I know that feeling very well, Kex, and I quite understand the need to get all your thoughts out. I had a miscommunication with my suitemates a month or two ago, and they treated me in much the same way as your mentor. Miscommunication is so frustrating; it causes so many unnecessary problems. The last thing I want to do is inconvenience people or anger them, so it's always better to tell someone when you have an issue with something they are doing. It might've caused your mentor less distress had she communicated her problems to you beforehand, but I don't know. It's nobody's fault if the issue is lack of communication.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2455 on: December 17, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »
I had a real s*** of a day. I intended to talk with my mentor about her having many problems at present and seeming absent minded. Because of that I got the feeling, that assumed that she might stop practical training for a while until she had sorted out her private matters, so that people going through the practical training would not have to jump in constantly for her. At present, that's me. It is not nice to hear such a thing. But she felt really hurt and that was not what I intended. I clearly chose the wrong words and she told me it was all my fault. If I had only asked for mor assistance she would have given it. Also she stated, that she felt being pushed of from leading the class because I took so many lessons. What it comes down to is that both of us had not talked enough about our needs. We did not make clear what we felt was necessary for each of us for reaching pleasant teamwork. As both of us had not done right, I feel sad, that the fault should lie on my only. I'm always for talking things out. But I think it might have been better if I had swallowed my troubles for a few month, at least til after the exam. It makes me feel uncomfortable to make other people sad. Well, it cannot be made undone. We will have to work together for the next days. And after the christmas break we will have to talk thing out again. Time sometimes makes both sides sea thing more clearly.

You did the right thing kex, but if she does indeed have personal problems it was only natural that she would lash out at you like that. I would, for sure. A pupil of mine telling me I'm absent-minded! If she's a good person, she'll do the right thing and realize that you were trying to help her, not offend her. For now, just take your time, both of you ;)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2456 on: December 17, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »

Aw.  Hate it when that happens. 
It sounds like you're dealing with it maturely, though, which is good.  Hopefully, your work won't be disturbed, and the two of you can talk it out peacefully.
Feel free to PM.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2457 on: December 17, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »
I have been too silend for the last couple of days. I should become more active again, but I have no idea what to say...

P__

« Reply #2458 on: December 17, 2014, 05:16:52 PM »
I have been too silend for the last couple of days. I should become more active again, but I have no idea what to say...

say that you don't know what to say ;)
later on you could even say that you found out what to say but not say what it is
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #2459 on: December 17, 2014, 05:26:24 PM »
I'll join you in the not knowing what to say club.
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~