Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387952 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17250 on: April 27, 2017, 02:03:52 PM »
This isn't exactly the same thing, but...

he go slow mo

I didn't know I needed to see video footage of an owl running, but now I know a hole in my life has been filled.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17251 on: April 27, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »
I just found out that there are certain varieties of palm trees which grow in many places in Scandinavia?? Reynir might fulfil his dream of seeing a palm tree after all. link
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17252 on: April 28, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
I just found out that there are certain varieties of palm trees which grow in many places in Scandinavia?? Reynir might fulfil his dream of seeing a palm tree after all. link

There are palm trees in London, in the Midlands, and I believe on the northern coast of Scotland.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17253 on: April 28, 2017, 03:58:41 PM »
...I just realized it's Friday and I have an archery competition tomorrow. I thought I still had another day.  O_O

So yeah if anyone sees that I'm online past like, midnight please yell at me. I have to be up at 5am tomorrow and it'd be nice if I wasn't exhausted through the whole thing.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #17254 on: April 28, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »
There are palm trees in London, in the Midlands, and I believe on the northern coast of Scotland.

Are you thinking of the Inverewe Gardens? I went there with the family as a kid, but found it rather boring as I was not into plants :D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #17255 on: April 30, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »
APs (college-level exams you take in high school) start tomorrow and I am very much not ready.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #17256 on: April 30, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
APs (college-level exams you take in high school) start tomorrow and I am very much not ready.

Oooh good luck! I took two APs. Try not to panic and know that if it doesn't go well, it won't ruin your chances of accomplishing things in the future. I promise.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
« Reply #17257 on: April 30, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »
Oooh good luck! I took two APs. Try not to panic and know that if it doesn't go well, it won't ruin your chances of accomplishing things in the future. I promise.
Thank you! I took one last year that went surprisingly well, but I'm taking three more this year and keep feeling like last year was a fluke. :P At least with Chemistry, which I'm taking tomorrow, even if you get half of the multiple choice wrong you can still get a 5 (which says something about their testing skills).

For those who don't know, an AP exam is scored between 1 and 5, with 5 being the top score. You have to get a 3 or higher to receive college credit, but some colleges only except a 4 or 5 for credit.

Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17258 on: April 30, 2017, 04:52:23 PM »
Thank you! I took one last year that went surprisingly well, but I'm taking three more this year and keep feeling like last year was a fluke. :P At least with Chemistry, which I'm taking tomorrow, even if you get half of the multiple choice wrong you can still get a 5 (which says something about their testing skills).

For those who don't know, an AP exam is scored between 1 and 5, with 5 being the top score. You have to get a 3 or higher to receive college credit, but some colleges only except a 4 or 5 for credit.
Good luck! I've got one this Friday, and I'm not even caught up in the class. :P
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
« Reply #17259 on: April 30, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »
Good luck! I've got one this Friday, and I'm not even caught up in the class. :P
Same to you!

Which test are you taking? How much more do you have to go?

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #17260 on: April 30, 2017, 05:03:16 PM »
Good luck, Auxivele and Jhev. I've taken waaay more than my fair share of those tests, so I feel for you. They can be really stressful, but like Viola said, they're not as crucial as they might seem right now. I'll be rooting for you!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17261 on: April 30, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »
Auxivele, Jhev: good luck anyway!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17262 on: April 30, 2017, 10:03:03 PM »
Same to you!

Which test are you taking? How much more do you have to go?
AP US History. My least favorite variety of history just because of how many times I've taken some variation of it. I have about 20-ish lessons left, most of them are just required reading but I have 2 essays and 2 DBQ's left, along with a few short answer questions and 3 tests. I have a schedule of what I need to do what day, but the last day has a whole lot of stuff crammed in it and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it all done. This is coincidentally why I have been writing essays at the speed of light and telling everyone about it in the LMoH thread as motivation.

All I'm shooting for is a 3. If I can at least get the credit for the class I will never have to look at American History again, please and thank you (Also thanks Ana and Roisin!).

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #17263 on: May 01, 2017, 03:57:04 AM »
Time to see how many strawberries I can eat in one sitting...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17264 on: May 01, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »
Time to see how many strawberries I can eat in one sitting...
Oh, how I envy you right now.

So apparently I messed up my lesson schedule. Since I don't have a real planner I had to write the dates down in a notebook and I put an extra day in April, so now I'm behind. Wheee