Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409345 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17175 on: March 18, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »
15 post average woah. I think the highest average I've ever had was like 4? I'm only at 2 now. But from what I understand the forum used to be waaay more active than it is now, so that probably helped.  :))

Kinda sad I never got to see it that way though. And to think, if I had gotten hooked on SSSS in 2014 when I originally read the first two chapters, I could have been there.

Well, all it takes are some determined people. It can totally be just as active all over again. We have more than enough people to make it so. We had half as many accounts at the time. A lot of faces have changed, but really there is no rule that says we can't have our own renaissance.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17176 on: March 18, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »
Well, all it takes are some determined people. It can totally be just as active all over again. We have more than enough people to make it so. We had half as many accounts at the time. A lot of faces have changed, but really there is no rule that says we can't have our own renaissance.

Honestly what I really want to see is a new aRTD renaissance. It's really heartbreaking to me how inactive that board has been these last few months. (I am working on some fanart to post there though, so... ;) )
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #17177 on: March 18, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »
I used to graph peoples posting rates and post counts and try and predict when they would pass each other.  :D
That... definitely sounds like something I would have done. "Would have" because stress and school and homework and normal-work and extracurricular activities and etc. I feel far too young to be saying that, I'm not even in my 20s.

And I made one sale today. Of over $300. Which was really random, because the guy originally just came in to look at this one lamp in the window and ended up buying a bunch more, but also nice because the past few days I've been working it's been pretty slow so ha, Bossman. See? I am a competent employee. I know he isn't being mean or whatever, I'm just a sensitive person so it's nice to have done something that won't make him pester me about not having sold much.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:06:44 PM by Auxivele »
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Shine

• Ranger
  • I'm probably a person.
« Reply #17178 on: March 19, 2017, 02:04:25 AM »
Honestly what I really want to see is a new aRTD renaissance. It's really heartbreaking to me how inactive that board has been these last few months. (I am working on some fanart to post there though, so... ;) )
Really? So am I! It might take a while though, because school and other fanart.
Native :italy:
Fluent :uk: :germany:
Want to learn :norway: :finland:

Survived:        :chap5::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #17179 on: March 19, 2017, 02:53:54 PM »

I blame the slower rate of page posting.

Less to react to. And with less reaction, there is less chain-reaction on the forum itself.

We are also currently, for many of us, approaching peak essay season.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #17180 on: March 19, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
There's also a difference in which threads are active. When I joined, the Self Inserts thread would grow several pages a day, and the multiple threads that rose from that were changed into a child board because they kept hiding the other threads. And the Reaction Image thread, Headcanon threads, even the Art Museum and Meme/Edit threads aren't quite as active as they used to be.

And yes, we are all quite busy in our personal lives too.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #17181 on: March 19, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »
I blame the slower rate of page posting.

Less to react to. And with less reaction, there is less chain-reaction on the forum itself.

We are also currently, for many of us, approaching peak essay season.

Ha! Infinitely slower rate, of course.

You do make a good point though - with less new stuff to inspire anything, there will certainly be less fan content produced.

still I love that comic with all my heart and will do anything to keep that fandom alive
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17182 on: March 19, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »
True, life gets busier by the day, I've noticed. At least the Scriptorium seems to be holding up. And while I don't have essays, I do have the problem that at present nothing bigger than a few paragraphs will post except as a PM.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #17183 on: March 19, 2017, 08:25:41 PM »
There's also a difference in which threads are active. When I joined, the Self Inserts thread would grow several pages a day, and the multiple threads that rose from that were changed into a child board because they kept hiding the other threads. And the Reaction Image thread, Headcanon threads, even the Art Museum and Meme/Edit threads aren't quite as active as they used to be.

And yes, we are all quite busy in our personal lives too.

How true! In fact I should be working on some of the stuff that arises from said personal life right now. Odd how I end up spending the most time on this forum when I'm neck-deep in responsibilities
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17184 on: March 19, 2017, 10:52:09 PM »
Well, I technically never finished reading it, and since I don't really remember what happened up to the point I got to I have been considering attempting to grasp the fandom by the lapels and drag it back to the land of the living by making a board that's just me talking about whatever new occurrences cause me distress and/or happiness. Basically live-reacting to the whole thing. I didn't know if it'd be annoying or not to make a whole board for it though, and it'd have to happen over summer.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #17185 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »
Ways to tell your first year quantum mechanics class has left you with massive amounts of trauma: even though it's been over six years, I still apparently cannot read the words "trivial", "clearly", or "obviously" without hearing them in the prof's voice. (Yes, "trivial", "clearly", and "obviously" were this guy's favorite words. In a quantum mechanics class. As was "kindergarten level calculus".)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17186 on: March 21, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »
Today is World Poetry Day, and how better to celebrate than with a poem that mentions the Blessed Felines?

FOG
Carl Sandburg

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Shine

• Ranger
  • I'm probably a person.
« Reply #17187 on: March 21, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
So, obviously (sorry Lazy8), after I decided that today was a good day to try and go out without a jacket the temperature suddenly dropped nearly five degrees and the sun disappeared. It was still warm enough for a hoodie anyway, so the day wasn't spoiled, but I'll have to check the forecasts for the rest of the week.
Native :italy:
Fluent :uk: :germany:
Want to learn :norway: :finland:

Survived:        :chap5::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17188 on: March 21, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »
Urbicande: so glad someone still reads Sandburg.

You might be amused by Michael Leunig, poet and cartoonist:

Since I lost my pendulum
My life is all erratic.
The parrot, which was cordial
Is now transmitting static.
The carpet died, a palm collapsed,
The cat keeps doing poo.
The only thing that keeps me sane is talking to my shoe.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17189 on: March 21, 2017, 12:52:04 PM »
Urbicande: so glad someone still reads Sandburg.

You might be amused by Michael Leunig, poet and cartoonist:

Since I lost my pendulum
My life is all erratic.
The parrot, which was cordial
Is now transmitting static.
The carpet died, a palm collapsed,
The cat keeps doing poo.
The only thing that keeps me sane is talking to my shoe.

Hee, I like that!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: