Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411261 times)

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16980 on: January 20, 2017, 03:05:59 PM »
Woohoo! Sweden's population just hit 10 million right now!
... it sounds like such a low number so how are we still over-populated? Sigh.

On a warmer note, a neighbor kid a few apartment down the lane is currently plonking away on Pirates of the Carribean on the piano. It's amazing how he can be so off on the actual notes but keep the rhythm so well. I can't quite make up my mind on whether I actually prefer his version lol. It's like listening to a semi-abstract painter.

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #16981 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »
[...]a neighbor kid a few apartment down the lane is currently plonking away on Pirates of the Carribean on the piano. It's amazing how he can be so off on the actual notes but keep the rhythm so well. I can't quite make up my mind on whether I actually prefer his version lol. It's like listening to a semi-abstract painter.
I'm really curious what his version sounds like now.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #16982 on: January 20, 2017, 08:48:39 PM »
I'm really curious what his version sounds like now.
Lol yeah, I guess he just got enough notes down right to make the discord sound like a pretty nice artists rendition?  ;D

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #16983 on: January 20, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »
... it sounds like such a low number so how are we still over-populated? Sigh.
I guess people likes the warmer climate more than this forested country in the north.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #16984 on: January 21, 2017, 12:14:14 PM »
I guess people likes the warmer climate more than this forested country in the north.
They may feel very free to move to said warmer countries  ;D At least until the highest taxes in the world actually goes to pulling the freaking infrastructure back on its feet so we can actually have apartments, daycare/school spots and hospital beds available for said people when they need it.. I know that it is at some level a First World problem, but the hospital situation is seriously getting out of hand.

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16985 on: January 25, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
They may feel very free to move to said warmer countries  ;D At least until the highest taxes in the world actually goes to pulling the freaking infrastructure back on its feet so we can actually have apartments, daycare/school spots and hospital beds available for said people when they need it.. I know that it is at some level a First World problem, but the hospital situation is seriously getting out of hand.

I feel your pain.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #16986 on: January 25, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
I feel your pain.
Oof. Health problems?  :(
I'm not against the country growing, I'm just kinda disappointed at the politicians who didn't realize that if you add a million people, you kinda need to add some other stuff too or you'll have people on the street..

Speaking of health care, today I had the displeasure to meet one of the rudest people I've yet to meet. Rant warning on this one.
So I'm in this store. The only customer. And in walks the emperor of entitlement, who starts talking rudely and loudly to the woman who runs the place. They obviously know each other - he's a few years younger than me, 16 or 17 maybe? I'm guessing he's her son.
He demands that she drive him to the doctor. She tells him to take the sub - hardly unreasonable, considering the station is a two minute walk from the shop, and the sub that would've taken him there is a ten minute ride that leaves every 5 minutes. He'd be there in 20 min, even if he dragged his feet. That's actually quicker than going by car.
But oh no, he can't go alone - he's broke, and he needs her to pay for his doctors visit. She says she'll just give him the money so he can go.

And this prick. This little prick. He gets up close to her face, AND LOUDLY COUGHS AT HER, insults her, and says he'll make her sick too so she'll have no choice but to go to the doctor. Then a bunch of bull about how she doesn't believe he's sick and bla bla bla.

Like... kid. If you're healthy enough to raise a scene, you're healthy enough to walk two minutes to the subway. You're not made of spun sugar. But oh no, you've got to insult and belittle the person willing to pay for your health care. In her store. In front of her customer. Both of which SHE PRESUMABLY NEEDS IN ORDER TO EARN THE MONEY YOU'RE GETTING FOR FREE.

Like. What. Whaaaaaat. Why. She's giving you free money when you need it to take care of yourself. Why are you yelling at her, grossly insulting her in front of strangers?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:03:37 PM by Fauna »

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16987 on: January 25, 2017, 03:30:55 PM »

Ah damn, and here I was literally looking into how to move to Sweden.

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #16988 on: January 25, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »
Well, you still can. Everyone is moving into the crowded cities and moving away from rural areas, especially the inland in the north, so the government of said rural areas are being VERY generous with house prices... I dunno what's rumor and what isn't, but there's talk about people who literally bought houses for one crown just because they needed someone to care for it. ;D And some small villages in the inland have these random populations of wealthy European immigrants who suddenly flooded the place because they could buy cheap, romantic forest cottages and earn their money through the Internet... not 'one crown cheap', but still in the realm of 200.000 sek or alike for very nice homes.

So I guess it depends on where you wanna move. I don't recommend the major cities unless you're rich or into suffering on the house market. Or if you have the money and wanna buy in the cities, you can just wait for the upcoming house market crash...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:18:23 PM by Fauna »

Basse

• Scout
« Reply #16989 on: January 25, 2017, 06:14:55 PM »
You are very much welcome to move here.
As mentioned rural areas is your best bet, looking north of Stockholm could help too but then again I'm not updated on the housing availability other then major cities are mostly full.
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #16990 on: January 25, 2017, 06:43:52 PM »
You are very much welcome to move here.
As mentioned rural areas is your best bet, looking north of Stockholm could help too but then again I'm not updated on the housing availability other then major cities are mostly full.

Thank you, that's very nice to say :)
Sadly I'm probably stuck with big cities since 1. I would like to study and 2. I don't drive and I'm not enthusiastic to learn to.
I am also not at all rich, so... for now this is a distant dream, but I know it will have to happen sooner or later.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16991 on: January 25, 2017, 09:33:35 PM »
On the other hand, a lot of both study and work can happen on the internet these days. Good luck.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Basse

• Scout
« Reply #16992 on: January 26, 2017, 07:19:22 PM »
Thank you, that's very nice to say :)
Sadly I'm probably stuck with big cities since 1. I would like to study and 2. I don't drive and I'm not enthusiastic to learn to.
I am also not at all rich, so... for now this is a distant dream, but I know it will have to happen sooner or later.
Well public transportation is kinda decent.

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #16993 on: January 26, 2017, 11:40:28 PM »
Submitted without comment (apart from to say this isn't my work)

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #16994 on: January 27, 2017, 11:27:01 AM »
My sis just shared this thing of beauty with me:
https://soundcloud.com/shadrow/wake-me-maybe
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: