Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387844 times)

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16455 on: September 28, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »
There's an SSSS sticker pack available on Hivemill!! ;D
Ahhh they are so cute :') I literally never use stickers for anything but I want these.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #16456 on: September 28, 2016, 09:16:12 PM »
THEY'RE ADORABLE. I think I need some.
Ahhh they are so cute :') I literally never use stickers for anything but I want these.
Heh, neither do I, but you know. They stick to things. So I could just randomly attach them to binders and folders and other such school supplies.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:18:19 PM by Tr »
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16457 on: September 28, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »

What the heck, that's so cute!
Okay, I guess I didn't need to take myself out to lunch this weekend anyway... xD
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16458 on: September 28, 2016, 09:35:57 PM »

I never use stickers as well but I kinda already ordered them ::)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16459 on: September 28, 2016, 10:57:11 PM »
Rollo, those costumes are amazing! I've actually seen some similar things at some of the Pagan gatherings here in Australia, the Mylor English Ale especially, where we do a torchlight procession with lots of folk in costumes equally weird, including Giants (traditional European style giants rather than SSSS ones though!). You would probably find video of it on the internet.

Thanks, everybody who has been thinking of us through our storms and floods! Yeah, we're very prepared - I've been a bushie for a very long time. Usually I would still have firewood by this time of year, but it has been an uncommonly long and tough winter this year. Barring disasters or further damage to the roof, we should be fine. My garden is presently flooded, but should survive.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16460 on: September 29, 2016, 12:20:38 AM »
Quote from: Rollo
http://imgur.com/gallery/UordH A thread of photos of various traditional "pagan" costumes used across Europe. It's really surprising, because most of those look like what you would expect in the native cultures of America or Africa, but they're 100% European.
Wow, those are amazing! I knew about a few of them from going down the Wikipedia rabbit hole, but most of those are new for me.

So I am beginning to suspect that compared to most of my peers, I speak and write like a 19th century English nobleman. I was participating in a discussion for class today and had to stop myself before I told someone Godspeed instead of good luck.

Come to think of it, I shouldn't have stopped myself.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #16461 on: September 29, 2016, 05:02:09 AM »
Awww <3 *Shrugs* Bha, it will probably be horribly expensive for Europe, I'll survive without them.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16462 on: September 29, 2016, 09:21:48 AM »

They're cute, although I'd really one one of the snowflake logo for my guitar case!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16463 on: September 29, 2016, 09:50:15 AM »

Normally I never use stickers either. Mostly because I have no idea where to put them.
But depending on how these look in person, I think I might put them on the inside cover/frontpages of my SSSS book. :Va We will see~
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

« Reply #16464 on: September 29, 2016, 10:09:36 AM »
Aaand the State Government here has just declared a State of Emergency. Possibly because of what happened to those heavy-duty powerline pylons up by Melrose. The storm just plucked them out of the ground and twisted them like wire coathangers. I can't do links, but there should be pics on the news broadcast feeds.

So if I vanish suddenly don't panic, power and internet may soon go down again. But we're fine here. Good luck to all who need it! I'll hang about the forum awhile for company and conversation.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16465 on: September 29, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »
heavy-duty powerline pylons up by Melrose. The storm just plucked them out of the ground and twisted them like wire coathangers.

You have bunker... Da?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Róisín

« Reply #16466 on: September 29, 2016, 10:37:29 AM »
Wouldn't mind having one at present!

Have actually lived in houses that did. One in Gippsland that had an old winecellar converted to bushfire shelter, one in the Snowies with an old goldmine ditto, one in Bridgewater SA, a farm with an old underground apple cellar converted into a bushfire refuge, one in the suburbs of Melbourne with an old bomb shelter built during WW 2 when the Japanese were expected to invade. Wouldn't want any of the underground ones at present though, they would flood!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16467 on: September 29, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
Wouldn't mind having one at present!

Have actually lived in houses that did. One in Gippsland that had an old winecellar converted to bushfire shelter, one in the Snowies with an old goldmine ditto, one in Bridgewater SA, a farm with an old underground apple cellar converted into a bushfire refuge, one in the suburbs of Melbourne with an old bomb shelter built during WW 2 when the Japanese were expected to invade. Wouldn't want any of the underground ones at present though, they would flood!

Stay safe!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Iceea

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #16468 on: September 29, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »
They're cute, although I'd really one one of the snowflake logo for my guitar case!

I'll second that. Maybe a write in campaign would get Minna's attention, do ya think?
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16469 on: September 29, 2016, 02:02:46 PM »
Good luck through the storms, Róisín! I hope you stay safe and that your poultry isn't traumatized!